suga'sino

Help about DS-3032, DS-230 ? please

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

can somone help and give us more information about the DS-3032 choice of agent, we will not pick an agent, we need just to know which address should we use, US address or in my counrty address? and also when should we pay ($335.00) for the Form DS-230? at the NVC process time, or during the consulate interview?

and thanks

love is verything... and my heart is on idaho

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think it is best if you choose a Choice of agent with a US address. I do not know how the mail is in your country, but it Jamaica, it is horrible. NVC sent my SO the DS-3032 since 7/30/07 and he still has not received it. Luckily I knew about the e-mailing process from here on VJ and he is using me as his agent and things have gone smoothly so far.

As far as the DS-230 is concerned, you have to wait for NVC to send you the fee bill and after the bill is paid and entered in the system, they will send you instructions on how the proceed. By the way the DS-230 fee is $380.

Good luck

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
can somone help and give us more information about the DS-3032 choice of agent, we will not pick an agent, we need just to know which address should we use, US address or in my counrty address? and also when should we pay ($335.00) for the Form DS-230? at the NVC process time, or during the consulate interview?

and thanks

someone has to be the agent: the USC, the sponsored person, or someone else. it doesn't really matter who, but someone has to be the person that receives the correspondence from the consulate.

Nothing else will be processed until you pay the IV bill-send it to the address on the form

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Timeline

and thanks

someone has to be the agent: the USC, the sponsored person, or someone else. it doesn't really matter who, but someone has to be the person that receives the correspondence from the consulate.

Nothing else will be processed until you pay the IV bill-send it to the address on the form

thanks but what is the IV bill?

love is verything... and my heart is on idaho

Timeline
I think it is best if you choose a Choice of agent with a US address. I do not know how the mail is in your country, but it Jamaica, it is horrible. NVC sent my SO the DS-3032 since 7/30/07 and he still has not received it. Luckily I knew about the e-mailing process from here on VJ and he is using me as his agent and things have gone smoothly so far.

As far as the DS-230 is concerned, you have to wait for NVC to send you the fee bill and after the bill is paid and entered in the system, they will send you instructions on how the proceed. By the way the DS-230 fee is $380.

Good luck

will you tell me more about the emailing process? i want to figure out how to do that also... is there a link where i can read about it?

My Heart Is Complete....

and thanks

I agree, use the person in the U.S. as the agent unless you are using a lawyer because they will get mail much quicker. IV bill refers to the bill they send you for the DS-230. As a hint, have the beneficiary download the DS-230 and get it filled out and sent that and the other items they require and send it to you so it's ready to be mailed as soon as you get the bar code sheet for it with the request.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

and thanks

everything in this process has more than one name just to make it especially confusing. IV bill=DS230=immigrant visa bill

Edited by thermophile

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You have got to pick an agent because that's the person the NVC will be sending all documentation and bills to. You can find each step of the NVC process for CR1/IR1 visas here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

Make sure to read pages 1, 10 & 11. They explain the process step by step with shortcuts included and the type of bills the choice of agent will be getting from them. It's a great map of the whole thing even if you choose not to take the shortcuts.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.