Sarah.Yader

Proof of on-going relationship

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Two questions.

1. Are money gram transfer reciepts helpful as proof of relationship or would they be more hurtful? While i was in the States a couple months ago I sent my fiance in Nicaragua several hundred dollars to apply for a visitor´s visa.

2. I´m confused as to what to use for proof of on-going relationship. We´ve got the phone records, pictures, emails, chats, plane tickets, all that for the proof for before. But how do I proove continuation? Short of a plane ticket. because honestly, i can´t afford to buy it just for the proof right now, I will eventually, but i was hoping to get this application in sooner than that. Ideas that have worked in the past?

Thanks! Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1 Money Grams may be hurtful depending on amounts, it may look like "Buying a Spouse"

2 Is what you should use to show ongoing relationship. Just keep building up additional emails, chat sessions, and phone records for visa interview

Please update profile to show Filed For: Visa type

And :help: US :help: YOU :time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=42105

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Two questions.

1. Are money gram transfer reciepts helpful as proof of relationship or would they be more hurtful? While i was in the States a couple months ago I sent my fiance in Nicaragua several hundred dollars to apply for a visitor´s visa.

2. I´m confused as to what to use for proof of on-going relationship. We´ve got the phone records, pictures, emails, chats, plane tickets, all that for the proof for before. But how do I proove continuation? Short of a plane ticket. because honestly, i can´t afford to buy it just for the proof right now, I will eventually, but i was hoping to get this application in sooner than that. Ideas that have worked in the past?

Thanks! Sarah

Hello Sarah,

Your recent emails, airmails, phonecalls, photos and even moneygram receipt would be enough to prove them that you build a relationship with your Fiance. Regarding the moneygram receipt, as long as the money you sent to him is not that big in just one receipt and not every other day when you sent it, it would be fine because in my case when I process my papers my fiance (who is my husband now) sent me big amount of money and everything is fine. Everything will be fine, I know you can make it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are sending in your I-129F, all I sent in was a dated picture, my birth certificate, and 2 flight itineraries (among the other forms they requested). What you have will be fine, as long as they show that you have met within the last 2 years. I don't think the money receipts will help or hurt you.

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-03-09

NOA: 2008-03-15

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method :Mail

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Approved: 2008-05-12

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Approved: 2008-05-12

At the initial application stage (w/ the K1), you do not need to prove ongoing relationship, only that you have met w/in the last two years. (Your submitted evidence should prove that you and your fiancee have met, so plane tickets, itineraries, receipts, passport stamps...these are what you're needing.) Once your petition gets approved here by USCIS, you will gather the ongoing relationship evidence and send it all to your fiancee to use during the interview, which is where they will ask for all that.

Good luck,

-P

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Two questions.

Thanks! Sarah

Hello Sarah,

Your recent emails, airmails, phonecalls, photos and even moneygram receipt would be enough to prove them that you build a relationship with your Fiance. Regarding the moneygram receipt, as long as the money you sent to him is not that big in just one receipt and not every other day when you sent it, it would be fine because in my case when I process my papers my fiance (who is my husband now) sent me big amount of money and everything is fine. Everything will be fine, I know you can make it.

ME and my fiance started the k1 last Apri; since then he started sending me money once a month because he understand my situation even when he was still here. Its not big but enough for me to buy my needs and pay my share of bills at home. i will include those remittances on his Affidavits of support. i dont think its goin to be the problem for a proof of relationship issues. as long as you have a genuine heart and more on personal photos together and that u r communicating every single day that should be it. its all goin to be fine. its normal for our partners who are away from us to send money even if u dont want to..becuz this way it can proved you got each others back and the connection is not shallow!goodluck to all of us..May god bless us in our journey.. :thumbs:

Receipts that is the deal...keep the receipts on these things

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.