EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone :D Just checking in to say hi!

Congrats to Twila!!! Hope she and the babies are well. Can't wait to see pics and hear about her experience.

Staashi - that is great news that things are progressing well and the kidneys closed up :D WONDERFUL!

Sorry to hear Kavi has a cold :( That can't be much fun at all.

I am still hangin in there with the morning sickness. I am almost 9 weeks along...will be on Sunday. I still haven't seen a doc which I think is odd but according to the doc is perfectly normal. They won't see patients til 9-11 weeks unless there is a problem. I am scheduled to go on the 27th...I will be 10+ weeks then. The wait is killing me. I just want to know that everything is ok. Did anyone else have to wait that long?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i cannot possibly understand how u haven't seen a doctor yet. that's the first thing i did here, they have to put u on vitamins and all that, you need to talk to someone to let u know what changes u need to do with your life now that you're growing a person inside you.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Aw, congrats to Twila! I hope she'll be able to come around soon, though I bet she is super busy. :P

Staashi, that is great news about the kidneys!!! :D I am sure you are relieved.

I loved getting u/s's too though I didn't have a lot of them, but the worst part is how they make you drink tons of water beforehand, hehe. I felt that was torture for a pregnant person. I always ended up drinking less than they suggested and it still worked, the one time I drank how much they said, I had to secretly pee twice before the u/s. :whistle: Otherwise wouldn't have made it!

Kavi has his first cold. :( His sleeping at night has been really bad, waking up every hour or less, which means no one is sleeping well. It's hard. I hope he gets better soon, and he has the ct scan tomorrow.

Hope all the pregnant mommas are doing well!!

I'm totally relieved about the kidneys. :star: Aside from that, my drs office doesn't make us drink anything - I guess their equipment is so highpowered. :unsure:

PS - I only had to get up to pee once last night - can I tell you all how great that was. :jest::dance:

:lol:

Congrats to Twila!!! Hope she and the babies are well. Can't wait to see pics and hear about her experience.

Staashi - that is great news that things are progressing well and the kidneys closed up :D WONDERFUL!

I am still hangin in there with the morning sickness. I am almost 9 weeks along...will be on Sunday. I still haven't seen a doc which I think is odd but according to the doc is perfectly normal. They won't see patients til 9-11 weeks unless there is a problem. I am scheduled to go on the 27th...I will be 10+ weeks then. The wait is killing me. I just want to know that everything is ok. Did anyone else have to wait that long?

I bet the wait is killing you! I didn't go until I was about 8 weeks. They didn't want me to go before that unless there was a problem. I already was taking the prenatal vitamins (was trying to conceive for a few months so I already was taking those as prep). Have you started those? I used over the counter generic prenatals from Walmart and Target the whole time, which my midwife and Dr's office said was fine. Some people need other kinds if they have problems with the amount of iron in the pills(leading to constipation or upset stomach). But I did fine on the OTC kind.

Edited by Parivar CSK

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Aw, congrats to Twila! I hope she'll be able to come around soon, though I bet she is super busy. :P

Staashi, that is great news about the kidneys!!! :D I am sure you are relieved.

I loved getting u/s's too though I didn't have a lot of them, but the worst part is how they make you drink tons of water beforehand, hehe. I felt that was torture for a pregnant person. I always ended up drinking less than they suggested and it still worked, the one time I drank how much they said, I had to secretly pee twice before the u/s. :whistle: Otherwise wouldn't have made it!

Kavi has his first cold. :( His sleeping at night has been really bad, waking up every hour or less, which means no one is sleeping well. It's hard. I hope he gets better soon, and he has the ct scan tomorrow.

Hope all the pregnant mommas are doing well!!

I'm totally relieved about the kidneys. :star: Aside from that, my drs office doesn't make us drink anything - I guess their equipment is so highpowered. :unsure:

PS - I only had to get up to pee once last night - can I tell you all how great that was. :jest::dance:

:lol:

I bet the wait is killing you! I didn't go until I was about 8 weeks. They didn't want me to go before that unless there was a problem. I already was taking the prenatal vitamins (was trying to conceive for a few months so I already was taking those as prep). Have you started those? I used over the counter generic prenatals from Walmart and Target the whole time, which my midwife and Dr's office said was fine. Some people need other kinds if they have problems with the amount of iron in the pills(leading to constipation or upset stomach). But I did fine on the OTC kind.

I love the Target OTC Prenatals - they are fantastic and only cost like $7 for 200. :D Plus, I have friends who take prenatals everyday as their regular multivitamin - they do wonders for your body. :yes::devil:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

staashi, I agree...I took the prenatals after Kavi was born too, well I know it's good anyway for new moms and feeding baby but even without that, they are good to take if the iron doesn't cause any problems. I have gotten lazy with taking them but might again.

Update about Kavi...well, now it's an MRI he is getting instead of ct scan, b/c our insurance wouldn't authorize the ct scan(??), just the MRI. Pros and cons are there.

Pro: more detailed scan, should know even better if something is wrong or if it's totally fine; con: Kavi has to go under general anesthesia again! :(

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

aww poor Kavi :((F)

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

All the best for little Kavi. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is just a big head for a smart baby :lol: .

I'm not taking prenatals anymore. There's no reason, I just forget or I'm too lazy or whatever. I try to eat better and be outside a lot.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

The anaesthesia may be rough on little Kavi, but at least you'll have the comfort of knowing that he'll get a more detailed report. I'm so sorry he has to go through that!

On the prenatal vitamin note: I'm still breastfeeding, so the prenatals are good for us both. The ones I get (prescription) smell like vanilla ice cream :D

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Argh...tracy, you make me feel bad *goesandtakesavitamin* :lol:

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

question for the pregnant ladies. is anyone taking DHA supplement? it's good fat for the baby's brain development.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
i cannot possibly understand how u haven't seen a doctor yet. that's the first thing i did here, they have to put u on vitamins and all that, you need to talk to someone to let u know what changes u need to do with your life now that you're growing a person inside you.

I hear ya. I called the two groups that are covered by insurance and both said the same thing. This doc I chose had the earlier appt. They sent me info and everything in the mail. I thought for sure I would have seen someone by now as well but both said they wait til at least 9 weeks. Then it just so happened they didn't have an appt til I was 10 weeks...and I made the appt on Dec. 14.

Timeline

It sure is :lol:

Yeah I have been taking the prenatals since I had the inkling I was preggo. I am just using the OTC for now but will probably ask for a prescription when I see the doc. There is a grocery store in town that gives free prenatals with a prescription so I am going to do that.

Edited by Yaads

Timeline
Update about Kavi...well, now it's an MRI he is getting instead of ct scan, b/c our insurance wouldn't authorize the ct scan(??), just the MRI. Pros and cons are there.

Pro: more detailed scan, should know even better if something is wrong or if it's totally fine; con: Kavi has to go under general anesthesia again! :(

:( That's not fun. Hope it goes well and you get the info you need.

question for the pregnant ladies. is anyone taking DHA supplement? it's good fat for the baby's brain development.

The OTC pills I got have an extra DHA supplement pill. They say it is very good for you.

Thanks everyone for everything...glad I have somewhere to talk about preggo stuff :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Stina: awww. an MRI is pretty acurate. I think it's better to have an MRI than a CT. Part of my job as a nurse was to accompany a doctor and a baby to a MRI office sometimes, because the childrens' hospital I worked at didn't have an MRI. Anyway, most time, the child (I worked with infants/toddler ICU) only needed a rectal tranquilizer. They had an i.v. and if the tranquilizer didn't work the Doctor would give them i.v. anaesthesia. Most time they were drowsy enough on the rectal drug though. Maybe they do the same over here? I have my fingers crossed, that everything is ok. Like Eveline said- big head=smart baby! :yes:

@Nessa: My prenatals (prescription) had DHA. I believe in the benfits of DHA, but now that I don't take the prescription prenatals anymore, I try to eat a lot of Salmon, Flaxseed stuff, Avocados etc. Ben's oatmeal has DHA and he eats Avocados, so he gets it too.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008