EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
HI! I haven't had a chance to read the thread and I will soon and respond to all the nice well wishes.

Nicholas Luigi was born on Valentine's Day! 8lbs 11oz and after 36 HOURS of LABOR!! It ended in a C-section and I will fill you in on more details soon. Mom and baby are well (a little sore though). Here is a picture with a proud dad:

DSC02780.jpg

Awwww, so precious! Congrats to you and your hubby!!! (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

I am sorry to hear about your long labor and c-section too...sounds like we went through similar things! I will be praying for your c-section recovery, I know it can be hard at times but it does get better. It's been 2 weeks and 2 days since my c-section and I feel tons better and can do everything pretty normal now. My incision is still healing though. If you have any questions for us who had c-sections feel free to ask! *hugs* You're a momma now! :D God bless your little family.

I haven't been here in a few days and it was great to catch up and read everyone's posts.

Kristi and Russian Girl - Thank you so much for the feedback on breastfeeding. Definitely helped put me at ease. I am signed up for a breastfeeding class, but it is not for a month or two. As for pumping, I do have a condusive work environment. I am a therapist and can just go into my office, shut the door and not be disturbed. How often do people pump during the day? I am thinking I can try to allow for some "pumping" time when I set my schedule (luckily, I have a lot of control over when I see clients and such).

b_weeks - Congrats and welcome to the thread :)

Stina and Lyuba - Your babies are ADORABLE!!!! And Stina, I watched the video and have to say, I LOVE the bedding. Very cute :)

Ace - CONGRATS! He is precious, looking forward to reading more details.

Thanks! :) It's IKEA bedding. It was a lot cheaper than buying a big bedding set, and cuter IMO! :P

For $14 I think, it came with a duvet cover(the hippo print), green fitted sheet, pillow case(even tho baby won't use that right away), and 2 receiving blankets in a cute striped pattern. Good deal eh?! :) We just don't have the IKEA baby quilt that goes under the duvet cover, but other baby blankets we have will fit.

Yassmine-Will be thinking of you tomorrow and keeping you in my prayers! I am sure everything will go smoothly! Don't make us wait too long to see pics. ;):D

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ace, congratulations!!! He is a cutie!

Waiting for more pictures and details on your labor experience!!!!

Yassmine, good luck tomorrow!!!!

Stina, I am coping ok. It is pretty overwelming. :blush: But Mason isn't very fussy or difficult. He just has 20 wet diapers a day but that's ok. :whistle: We are having good time together. How are you doing?

We are also moving next week so it is very hard to have a tiny baby and pack. And then unpack. But it will all work out.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks for all the compliments on Kavi's pics. hehe. He is a cutie! And I know every mom thinks their kid is the cutest!!

I want to see more baby pics from other new babies too!

Lyuba, Lizzy, post some pics! :)

Can't wait to see pics from Ace...and Yassmine not too long either!

Two more daaaaaayyyyyssss. Id count them down but Im too tired. Its like the sleep monster just comes in and whacks me on the head about 3 times a day. I may sleep right through the c-section.

Is your little one already preparing you for the sleepless nights to come. :)

Oh he's been good at that for many months now. Everytime I find a comfortable positoin with a tolerable amount of pain, he gets the hiccups or starting playing soccer. :) Life is good :lol:

:lol:

Yasmine best wishes tomorrow!!!

Yasmine best wishes tomorrow!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Yassmine-Will be thinking of you tomorrow and keeping you in my prayers! I am sure everything will go smoothly! Don't make us wait too long to see pics. ;):D

Thanks guys :)

In my quest to get everything ready, I decided now would be a good time to take apart the carseat and wash it all (handmedown). Unfortunately now I cant figure out how to put the dang restraints back into the seat! And the manufacturer's website isnt much help. Oh me and my big ideas :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Girls,

I have an interesting question for you. My six week check-up is coming in 2 weeks but my hubby is getting impatient already. :whistle: How many of you waited until after 6 week check-up? Has somebody violated the doctor's instructions? :devil:

I am kind of concerned, my doctor was really strict about it.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks guys :)

In my quest to get everything ready, I decided now would be a good time to take apart the carseat and wash it all (handmedown). Unfortunately now I cant figure out how to put the dang restraints back into the seat! And the manufacturer's website isnt much help. Oh me and my big ideas :lol:

i do things like that too....i am sure you will figure everything out!!!!

best wishes to you and your little one tomorow!!! can't wait to see pics!!!

HI! I haven't had a chance to read the thread and I will soon and respond to all the nice well wishes.

Nicholas Luigi was born on Valentine's Day! 8lbs 11oz and after 36 HOURS of LABOR!! It ended in a C-section and I will fill you in on more details soon. Mom and baby are well (a little sore though). Here is a picture with a proud dad:

DSC02780.jpg

Awwww, so precious! Congrats to you and your hubby!!! (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

i second that!!! he is ssssooo cute!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Girls,

I have an interesting question for you. My six week check-up is coming in 2 weeks but my hubby is getting impatient already. :whistle: How many of you waited until after 6 week check-up? Has somebody violated the doctor's instructions? :devil:

I have read that if you feel comfortable with it it is ok.... just take it slow... it might hurt a little bit for awhile..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Girls,

one of the reasons that the docs tell women to wait until their check-up to resume sex is because the cervix needs to close and the uterus needs to heal from where the placenta pulled away... so, altho you may feel physically up to it, there are possible complications if your body is not healed...

that being said, there are plenty of women who resume sex as soon as they feel the desire, or even before that... heck, where i work, the nurses on MIU catch some couples engaging in some, well, um, inappropriate behavior during their postpartum stay in the hospital

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
I haven't been here in a few days and it was great to catch up and read everyone's posts.

Kristi and Russian Girl - Thank you so much for the feedback on breastfeeding. Definitely helped put me at ease. I am signed up for a breastfeeding class, but it is not for a month or two. As for pumping, I do have a condusive work environment. I am a therapist and can just go into my office, shut the door and not be disturbed. How often do people pump during the day? I am thinking I can try to allow for some "pumping" time when I set my schedule (luckily, I have a lot of control over when I see clients and such).

b_weeks - Congrats and welcome to the thread :)

Stina and Lyuba - Your babies are ADORABLE!!!! And Stina, I watched the video and have to say, I LOVE the bedding. Very cute :)

Ace - CONGRATS! He is precious, looking forward to reading more details.

I pump twice a day. You should pump every 3 to 4 hours, depending on how old your little one is when you go back to work. I couldn't manage to pump every three hours because I am a teacher and had to work it in around my classes and breaks, but every 4 or 4.5 hours has worked for me.

How old will your little one be when you go back to work? My babies were 5 months old when I went back to work, so my milk supply was well established. If your baby is less than 3 months old when you go back to work, you may want to rent a hospital grade pump rather than using your own (electric) pump. There are some great double electric pumps out there now (like the Medela Pump in Style and the Ameda Purely Yours), but a rental pump has an even better motor and it is important to use the best pump you can when you are establishing milk supply. When your baby is 4 or 5 months old, you should be able to use an electric pump of your own.

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

We went out to dinner tonight to have a slightly belated anniversary celebration. On the way home, roads were super icy. Just as I thought, wow they certainly are icy here (they had been better in town, when we hit the outskirts, things got bad) ... we began to skid. I was driving, did everything I could, but really had no control. Luckily, we weren't going fast and there were no other cars around. We spun in a circle several times and then the back end of the vehicle hit a snowbank. As soon as we started skidding, I was praying that we wouldn't hit the snowbank because I don't know at what speed and impact the airbag will engage. We're fine, just a little freaked out, definitely more than I normally would be due to the pregnancy.

When I was in a car accident 6 years ago, the airbag hit me with such impact that my stomach was cut open. I've tried to sit farther back from the steering wheel (I used to be REALLY close), but tonight made me think that I am still probably too close. Just wondering, how far back does everyone else sit from the steering wheel?

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
ok trying this again. I went into the hospital for an ultrasound, the doctor was haing a hard time hearing the fetal heart beat. I was so worried that something was wrong, but the ultrasound showed one very large active baby with a heart beat. This is our third try, with the other two pregnancies ending in a miscarraige. I was very relieved to see a live baby. Now we're starting to get excited.

I had two miscarriages before being preggars this time. Get excited!!!! As long as you are getting excellent prenatal care - you will be fine.

I ask for your prayers today! My water broke, so it looks like today is the day! I started crying when I knew that today is the day. I am so excited! I will let you know how it goes :P So far, no super contractions. The doctor said to stay home for an hour or two and then go in! WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance: Wishing you guys all the best.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Woohoo Ace!!! Good luck ... can't wait to read all about it :)

Marry American - I have just started having some numbness, tingling too. I've read that it can be normal in pregnancy to have symptoms like that. I am going to check it out next week with my doctor just for my peace of mind (and I also get to drink that lovely drink for my diabetes test so hopefully that worry will be put to rest).

New Orleans - Welcome and good luck. How far along are you?

Thank you for responding. We are almost the same amount of weeks pregnant too. I'll let you know how my results turn out.