Merk

Visit/tourist VISA

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I was wanting to know- when you write letters of invatation to the U.S what all do they have to include??

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE ONES WHO WIN, RATHER THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN THEY LOSE."

14 Feb08 Case number assigned

5JUN 08 Got visa

FLYS IN TO CHICAGO POE ON THE 15TH!!!

December 08 move to GERMANY

May2009 Start Case for Naturalization

14 SEPTEMBER 2009 Visa Journey is over!! Husband a US Citizen!!

Who is doing the requesting? When I have invited relatives I have put:

1. Our names on a letter head

2. Home address

3. Purpose for invitation

4. Specifically who is invited and for what reason.

5. The date you want the person to come.

6. Signed by all and notarized

If it was a wedding or christening, I have included a copy of the invitation to the wedding.

However, a friend of mine did the same thing to invite his younger brother to his wedding and the request was denied because the embassy in Cameroon went into the records and saw that my friend had just received his wife on a K1, and had invited another relative who never returned. Needless to say my friend was pissed that this relative had made it difficult for other immediate family members to come based on his invitation.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I was wanting to know- when you write letters of invatation to the U.S what all do they have to include??

This is exactly what I expected when the woman from Guatemala with previous successful visitor visas posted that she was issued another visitor visa during the K3 process.

A male from Turkey who has never visited the US is not a woman from Guatemala who has. It's like apples and thorns. You can try, but I suspect it will be a waste of time and money.

This is a case of perfectly valid anecdotal experience being misinterpreted and misapplied. Central America is not the middle east.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

This is exactly what I expected when the woman from Guatemala with previous successful visitor visas posted that she was issued another visitor visa during the K3 process.

A male from Turkey who has never visited the US is not a woman from Guatemala who has. It's like apples and thorns. You can try, but I suspect it will be a waste of time and money.

This is a case of perfectly valid anecdotal experience being misinterpreted and misapplied. Central America is not the middle east.

I'm the woman from Guatemala ;) but we are filing for K-1 not K-3.

This is why I've repeatdly stated when I posting about my EXPERIENCE that is has been my experience ONLY and that it could be different for other applicants.

About the letters of invitation, they might help if you meet all the other requirements, if you don't meet the requirements, the letter of invitation wont make any difference.

This is what the website of the Consulate in Guatemala City says:

<a href="http://" target="_blank"></a>

Application Process

Suggested Documents

There is no set list of supporting documents that applicants need to furnish at the time of their visa interview. The following are suggestions about what types of documents you may wish to present during your interview. There is no standard formula. Documents from the U.S., such as letters of invitation and business contracts, are useful in demonstrating the purpose of your trip, but are less important than documents from Guatemala that show your economic, social, and professional ties to this country. Successful applicants show that they have specific travel plans and that they have strong commitments to Guatemala that obligate them to return. The following documents can be helpful (originals preferred):

• Your previous passports and visas and passports and visas of family members
  • Letters of employment or professional identification
  • Proof of enrollment in school
  • Bank checking and savings accounts
  • Automobile titles
  • Business licenses
  • Deeds to houses or land
  • Receipts for business taxes
  • Receipts for salaries or retirement benefits
  • Marriage certificates and birth certificates for minor children
  • Correspondence regarding the purpose of your visit
  • Detailed information about your travel plans
WARNING: APPLICANTS USING FALSE DOCUMENTS CAN BE PROHIBITED FROM ENTERING THE U.S. FOR LIFE.

IN MY CASE, I did bring an invitation letter from my fiance, a fellow VJer whose fiance was granted a tourist visa also, provided me his sample. BUT I knew I did meet ALL the requirements to apply for a tourist visa: I'm a professional, I knew I could prove enough ties in my country and financial possibilities to afford the trip, and I've had 2 prior tourist visas over the past 15 years. I was hesitant due to the K-1 process, but still I gave it a try.. being $100.00 poorer was not going to kill me.

Lucky me, I was not asked to show any of the documents I had prepared, but I had everything to prove I did qualify for a new tourist visa, my biggest fear was, how the CO was going to interpret the fact that I had a K-1 process pending, but he didn't ask anything about it. As someone said, probably what helped me was the fact that I've visited the U.S. and always come back home, and I've proven that I have no intentions to stay permanently there with a tourist visa

Bottom line, everyone on this forum (I'd think) is smart enough to ponder their own situation, if you are a foreign fiance and you feel positive about being granted a tourist visa while your K-1 or K-3 is pending, considering your professional/financial/family/social situation then all you have to loose are $100.00

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

I'm the woman from Guatemala ;) but we are filing for K-1 not K-3.

This is why I've repeatdly stated when I posting about my EXPERIENCE that is has been my experience ONLY and that it could be different for other applicants.

About the letters of invitation, they might help if you meet all the other requirements, if you don't meet the requirements, the letter of invitation wont make any difference.

This is what the website of the Consulate in Guatemala City says:

<a href="http://" target="_blank"></a>

Application Process

Suggested Documents

There is no set list of supporting documents that applicants need to furnish at the time of their visa interview. The following are suggestions about what types of documents you may wish to present during your interview. There is no standard formula. Documents from the U.S., such as letters of invitation and business contracts, are useful in demonstrating the purpose of your trip, but are less important than documents from Guatemala that show your economic, social, and professional ties to this country. Successful applicants show that they have specific travel plans and that they have strong commitments to Guatemala that obligate them to return. The following documents can be helpful (originals preferred):

• Your previous passports and visas and passports and visas of family members
  • Letters of employment or professional identification
  • Proof of enrollment in school
  • Bank checking and savings accounts
  • Automobile titles
  • Business licenses
  • Deeds to houses or land
  • Receipts for business taxes
  • Receipts for salaries or retirement benefits
  • Marriage certificates and birth certificates for minor children
  • Correspondence regarding the purpose of your visit
  • Detailed information about your travel plans
WARNING: APPLICANTS USING FALSE DOCUMENTS CAN BE PROHIBITED FROM ENTERING THE U.S. FOR LIFE.

IN MY CASE, I did bring an invitation letter from my fiance, a fellow VJer whose fiance was granted a tourist visa also, provided me his sample. BUT I knew I did meet ALL the requirements to apply for a tourist visa: I'm a professional, I knew I could prove enough ties in my country and financial possibilities to afford the trip, and I've had 2 prior tourist visas over the past 15 years. I was hesitant due to the K-1 process, but still I gave it a try.. being $100.00 poorer was not going to kill me.

Lucky me, I was not asked to show any of the documents I had prepared, but I had everything to prove I did qualify for a new tourist visa, my biggest fear was, how the CO was going to interpret the fact that I had a K-1 process pending, but he didn't ask anything about it. As someone said, probably what helped me was the fact that I've visited the U.S. and always come back home, and I've proven that I have no intentions to stay permanently there with a tourist visa

Bottom line, everyone on this forum (I'd think) is smart enough to ponder their own situation, if you are a foreign fiance and you feel positive about being granted a tourist visa while your K-1 or K-3 is pending, considering your professional/financial/family/social situation then all you have to loose are $100.00

I'm not faulting you in any way for posting your experience but thank you for making the rest of the story crystal clear. Is the misinterpretation and misapplication of the anecdotal experience that concerns me. It happens all too often. People often tend to hear what they want to hear, no matter what was said, except when they hear whatever they fear the most, no matter what was actually said.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

OK. wow was not trying to get into a ####### for tat! And I am not being rude when I say Actually I did not even read the thread from Guatemala. So just as it is going thru other couples minds it crossed mine as well. I am seeking for real information, not what people "think" may or may not happen. They are not the ones with the power to say yes. And it never hurts anything to try all legal avenues. The worst that could happen is they say NO. But if you rely on other peoples opinions and let them shut you down and don't even "try" then you will never know. What about that (small as it may be) chance of it getting approved???

SO TO ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE IN LOVE!!! DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TRY. DO NOT LET "WHAT IF" STOP YOU FROM LIVING THE LIFE YOU ARE AFTER. YOU NEVER KNOW, YOU JUST MAY GET WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR!!!!!

HIM, ME and BABY MAKES 3

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE ONES WHO WIN, RATHER THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE UP WHEN THEY LOSE."

14 Feb08 Case number assigned

5JUN 08 Got visa

FLYS IN TO CHICAGO POE ON THE 15TH!!!

December 08 move to GERMANY

May2009 Start Case for Naturalization

14 SEPTEMBER 2009 Visa Journey is over!! Husband a US Citizen!!

Timeline
OK. wow was not trying to get into a ####### for tat! And I am not being rude when I say Actually I did not even read the thread from Guatemala. So just as it is going thru other couples minds it crossed mine as well. I am seeking for real information, not what people "think" may or may not happen. They are not the ones with the power to say yes. And it never hurts anything to try all legal avenues. The worst that could happen is they say NO. But if you rely on other peoples opinions and let them shut you down and don't even "try" then you will never know. What about that (small as it may be) chance of it getting approved???

SO TO ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE IN LOVE!!! DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TRY. DO NOT LET "WHAT IF" STOP YOU FROM LIVING THE LIFE YOU ARE AFTER. YOU NEVER KNOW, YOU JUST MAY GET WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR!!!!!

If you think it's worth the time and effort, by all means, go for it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am a firm believer that if you don't try you'll never know. So go for it. We applied back in September and got shot down. My husband lived here in the US for 5 yrs and went back willingly twice but his B-2 (tourist visa) and was denied b/c we were honest about our application for the K1. So here we are thinking that it would prove that he would come back b/c we were going through all of this legal stuff to apply for K1. Unfortunately, for us it backfired the interviewer based her decision solely on the K1 application. Also, a lot of the times it all depends on the interviewer.

When I saw the post for the approved tourist visa it gave me hope and we thought hey what the hell, let's try it again what's the difference if it gets denied it's $100.00. Besides we like a challange and perhaps this time maybe we will get a person with a little bit of Christmas spirit. Wish us luck we will keep everyone posted. GOOD LUCK!!!

K-1 Visa

It took 115 days to get approved for our NOA2

Interview date took 168 days from date of filing

AOS/EAD/AP

3/26/08 AOS Filed (More waiting) Yikes!

4/1/08 All 3 NOA's received

4/22/08 Bio Appointment

4/15/08 touch on AOS

4/28/08 touch again

5/8/08 EAD card recieved!

5/9/08 touch again

5/12/08 and again

5/13/08 and again

7/8/08 RFE (Go figure)! LOST MEDICAL

7/18/08 Semih went and got a 2nd medical

8/22/08 AOS approved

09/16/08 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!!!!!

6/16/10 Mailed I751 Adjustment of status

6/19/10 Received (Now we wait)

6/23/10 Check Cashed

8/12/10 Bio

8/13/10 Touched

On September 2, 2010, we ordered production of your new card

Approved without interview for the 2nd time

9/17/10 Green Card in hand

No road is long with good company. ~Turkish Proverb

Herkese Bol Sanslar

Semih & El

If you think it's worth the time and effort, by all means, go for it.

Now let me share our experience with you. We also had that little tiny hope that my husband's visitor visa would be approved, and we wanted it sooo bad...that we decided to give it a try. I provided all the information, and he did too. He showed his financial statements (he is also a professional), letter from his job, my letter of invitation, he TOOK EVERYTHING. As soon as they found out we had an immigrant petition pending...the shut him down in a hear beat. He wasted a full day, $$$ and the what is worse...the dissapointment we felt after he was denied. Our hopes were crushed. But if it makes you feel better to try it, go for it (just don't let your hopes too high).

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline
I am seeking for real information, not what people "think" may or may not happen.

The real info. I can give you is not to put all the effort on the invitation letter alone, as you read the U.S. Consulates do take invitations into consideration but is more important to meet the rest of requirements as well, and bring all the documents enlisted above.

I think it's worth to give it a try, it's only $100.00 If your fiance lives in the same City where the Embassy is it will be a lot easier to get there. My office is 5 minutes away from the Embassy, I got there early, and it took me about 1.5 hours since I waited on line outside the Embassy and had the interview.

Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbs:

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

Timeline
Now let me share our experience with you. We also had that little tiny hope that my husband's visitor visa would be approved, and we wanted it sooo bad...that we decided to give it a try. I provided all the information, and he did too. He showed his financial statements (he is also a professional), letter from his job, my letter of invitation, he TOOK EVERYTHING. As soon as they found out we had an immigrant petition pending...the shut him down in a hear beat. He wasted a full day, $$$ and the what is worse...the dissapointment we felt after he was denied. Our hopes were crushed. But if it makes you feel better to try it, go for it (just don't let your hopes too high).

Maybe they do treat K-3 filers differently than K-1 filers when applying for a tourist visa... the other succesful case that I know of a tourist visa being granted is also of K-1 filers.

You know what really upsets me when I see people who are doing the right thing and are playing by the rules get denied? :angry: Is that there are MANY couples entering with tourist visas and getting married after arriving in the U.S... I know at least 3 or 4 cases, of couples who did this! These people DID HAVE the intention to get married before entering with the tourist visa, and they got away with it.. it's just upsets me!

Back on the topic, it would be interesting to know if there are any K-3 couples that were granted a tourist visa while their process was/is pending. It would be great if other couples could share their experiences!

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.