Nattalia

i think my fiance is regret about our fiance visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Guys l have a question for you,

I am really worried about my relation with my fiance, he is a young guy 35 years old, retirement from the army, he is not working like most of you in this forum, he has plenty time to come here to see me. He came here only one time for one week and we had good conection and got engageg, our case from Vermont was already aprove, I think my appoiment is in Feb r Jan. I am realize he lives so far (California), I know a ticket can be expensive, so l looked in a website and l told him l found a good price for january so that he can see me, I have not seen him for 9 month!!. sometimes when l get sad because he did not check the link to see tickets or interesting links about the process in steps about our proces, he said that I got upset, but in fact l got sad, he say that he is worry about this relation and he wants a nice, sweet one. I admit he call me evryday in my lunch time, and we talk in skype for 1 hour or more all the single night. But when l mentiuon about his coming he mentions about expenses in USA, etc, tickets prices etc, etc. He say he loves me and he NEVER want to lose me, but when he mention about his concerns about the relation this worry me. I dont know what l should think, if he is regret about this aplication to K1 visa or maybe l am paranoic... I notice that guys here have visited their fiance in Colombia several times, for ex Byron, or at least 2 times. He has not work becuase he is retiremnt, l dont know what is wrong with him, l am sweet and VERY loyal. Is that situation normal, please help! :help

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, I would not worry about it too much. My wife has not seen me for 9 month, and only now I will go to visit her (at time of the visit we will go to the interview together). Hopefully, they will issue her a visa, and we will come back together. If you talk with each other, then it says something. Do not push him... Just mention once in a while that you would like to see him here, that you are sad... And one more thing... remember you not his wife yet, so you have to understand that and act accordingly... Good Luck...

. CR-1 visa

. 2007-03-17 : Marriage

. 2007-04-20 : I-130 Sent

. 2007-05-29 : I-130 NOA1

. 2007-10-30 : I-130 NOA2 Approval (official letter 11/05)

. Days between I-130 Sent and its NOA2: 193 (6 months, 13 days)

. K-3 visa

. 2007-05-10 : I-129F Sent

. 2007-06-15 : I-129F NOA1

. 2007-10-30 : I-129F NOA2 Approval (official letter 11/05)

. Days between I-129F Sent and its NOA2: 173 (5 months, 23 days )

. 2007-11-14 : NVC has received our documents and assigned a case number

. 2007-11-15 : NVC has sent out our documents to the US Embassy in Ukraine

. 2007-12-03 : The US Embassy in Ukraine has received our document (hard copy)

. 2007-12-13 : Medical Exam in Kiev PASSED

. 2007-12-17 : Interview at the US Embassy in Kiev PASSED

. 2008-01-10 : Entered USA

. AOS and EAD

. 2008-02-20 : Applied for AOS and EAD

. 2008-03-07 : NOA1 for AOS and EAD (and biometrics appointment is scheduled)

. 2008-03-18 : Biometrics are taken

. waiting...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

things in the united states are very expensive expecially in california. maybe he just cant afford to come and is embarressed to say. u know men and their pride. he might be trying also to save money for your flight here and just cant afford it since u say he is not working.

the only question i have is how can he be only 35 and retired from the military. u have to be in the military at least 20 years to retire and im sure he didnt start when he was 15. kinda sounds strange to me.

anyway good luck and im sure he loves u but maybe just cant afford to come see u.

He is 35 and retired from the military???? or is he on disability from the military?

Maybe he can't afford to visit very often, especially now with the cost of tickets due to oil prices.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't understand how he lives in California but you say your case was approved by the Vermont Service Center, maybe it was typo on your story (??).

I agree with the others in that he may have a lot of expenses that you are not aware of and can't afford to go see you right now. I would focus more on the conversations you have and see if he sounds positive about your future together, if he makes plans with you for when you get here, if he sounds excited about getting married. If not, then those would be the red flags I would be looking for.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

I don't understand how he lives in California but you say your case was approved by the Vermont Service Center, maybe it was typo on your story (??).

I agree with the others in that he may have a lot of expenses that you are not aware of and can't afford to go see you right now. I would focus more on the conversations you have and see if he sounds positive about your future together, if he makes plans with you for when you get here, if he sounds excited about getting married. If not, then those would be the red flags I would be looking for.

Diana

Sorry, the case is from CA, Vermont was my best friend. Yes sometimes he sound positive and happy but sometimes l dont know like so worry. Yes, he was disabily from army.

I am worry becuase sometimes in the interviuw CO might ask " how many time ha came to Colombia to visit you", it was only one time!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello Guys l have a question for you,

I am really worried about my relation with my fiance, he is a young guy 35 years old, retirement from the army, he is not working like most of you in this forum, he has plenty time to come here to see me. He came here only one time for one week and we had good conection and got engageg, our case from Vermont was already aprove, I think my appoiment is in Feb r Jan. I am realize he lives so far (California), I know a ticket can be expensive, so l looked in a website and l told him l found a good price for january so that he can see me, I have not seen him for 9 month!!. sometimes when l get sad because he did not check the link to see tickets or interesting links about the process in steps about our proces, he said that I got upset, but in fact l got sad, he say that he is worry about this relation and he wants a nice, sweet one. I admit he call me evryday in my lunch time, and we talk in skype for 1 hour or more all the single night. But when l mentiuon about his coming he mentions about expenses in USA, etc, tickets prices etc, etc. He say he loves me and he NEVER want to lose me, but when he mention about his concerns about the relation this worry me. I dont know what l should think, if he is regret about this aplication to K1 visa or maybe l am paranoic... I notice that guys here have visited their fiance in Colombia several times, for ex Byron, or at least 2 times. He has not work becuase he is retiremnt, l dont know what is wrong with him, l am sweet and VERY loyal. Is that situation normal, please help! :help

Here is a take from the other side of the coin...

I often feel worried about my relationship because of the distance. My fiancee has not given me any reason to worry she is always very loving and supportive. However the combination of the distance and the mind can create negative thoughts about the future that can drive you crazy.

I love my fiancee very much, and I would give my right arm to see her. However I have to make disciplined decisions. If I am to go visit her now I have to stop working which will prevent me from raising more money to bring her, and also I have to consider the expenses when she comes.

In the long run I'm sure he wants to be with you as much as anyone in this site want their significant other, but this process can be rather stressful and expensive...I wish you the best of luck and hang in there, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

California is very very expensive and I don't go home (Panama) to see my parents as often as my siblings on the East Coast because. I pay double what they pay and the deals are just not as good from here. If I read what you wrote correctly, you say that he said he had a problem with the relationship first, then the money? This VJ process is truly expensive and I have spent more money than I care to admit bringing my SO over and going over there to visit during the process. He just may be feeling pressure to go there knowing that it might affect him in a way that none of us know. Buena Suerte Hermana y te deseo lo mejor

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Try to understand him. The cost of visiting a fiancee or spouse in Colombia can be quite high. I normally spend a minimum of $2,500 - $4,000 every time I visit my wife. That is a lot of money to spend on a frequent basis.

For someone who is on a fixed military or disability pension, it can be almost impossible to go more than once or twice a year. I would look to the fact that he calls you every day and realize that this is good indication that he loves you and wants to stay with you.

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

I totally agree that the distance and the wait can be very stressful. Daniel has come to visit me twice. 1st time in april and 2nd time in september. We talk a lot about our lives together. We also make sure that we tell each other about our insecurities, how we feel and whats going on. Trust me, this long wait and the millions of miles separating us has made things difficult at times, it has also made us appreciate each other more and made us stronger.

Try to realise that he has a life, a home there that he needs to take care of so the 2 of you can have a better life. I would love Daniel to visit me every month but I also need to check my expectations from time to time realising what is possible and what is not.

Talk to your fiance clearly about how you feel, maybe, he doesn't realise how much you miss him and how its affecting you. He will also be able to tell you how he feels. Discussing things will always help :yes:

All the best and God bless :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.