616 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sigh, we haven't heard anything since the NOA 1 we got on May 8th, and then the online date says the 15th. I called and asked back at the end of June about the difference. All I got was "I don't know, but my screen says the 15th" and told that I'd need to call back in October if we haven't gotten an NOA 2 or anything by then. I don't understand why ours is taking so much longer than most of the other May petitions =/ (CSC by the way, so its not the naturally long Texas wait.)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Sigh, we haven't heard anything since the NOA 1 we got on May 8th, and then the online date says the 15th. I called and asked back at the end of June about the difference. All I got was "I don't know, but my screen says the 15th" and told that I'd need to call back in October if we haven't gotten an NOA 2 or anything by then. I don't understand why ours is taking so much longer than most of the other May petitions =/ (CSC by the way, so its not the naturally long Texas wait.)

I'm sorry you are still waiting!! That is horrible!! Hopefully you soon get NOA2.

Good luck!

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Timeline

Hey Van!

I tried calling NVC that one time. Like almost two weeks ago. They hadn't received our case yet. My fiance has now tried calling. Still struggling to get through. But I'm sure he'll manage. I'm not sure whether NVC has my case still, if they even have it, or if it's on its way. I'll know in a day or 2 I suppose. Also. With my birth certificate issue, I might as well wait till I get it, cause I can't schedule and interview if I don't have one. Know what I mean? That's a lot of expenses. I managed to contact a friend who will offer me a place to stay. But I think she's coming to New Zealand too soon. Lol. So I'll have to ask other buddies for accommodation close to Sandton just to save on extra money. Travelling has really made me meet a lot of people. It helps!

Hola,

So I am becoming obsessed checking the CEAC site, lol. I can't help it. I am really hoping for my fiancee to be here by the time my maternity leave is up in late August. My case still says "at NVC". Maybe they don't update it in real time. See... I am going crazy. lol. I also saw another package left the NVC to South Africa on Thursday. The one that left on Wednesday is already there.

It sucks about the wait for your birth certificate. We are waiting on his Mauritian police report, it should be any day now since he asked for it a month ago and that is how long it is supposed to take. My fiancee has a cousin who lives in Cape Town with his wife, they may be able to visit my fiancee when he is in Johannesburg so that is good news. At least he will see someone he knows.

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys !! Just want to ask if bank Statement from online is fine to bring on interview ???? Or do I have to tell my fiance to request a statement in bank personally ????

Timeline

Hola,

So I am becoming obsessed checking the CEAC site, lol. I can't help it. I am really hoping for my fiancee to be here by the time my maternity leave is up in late August. My case still says "at NVC". Maybe they don't update it in real time. See... I am going crazy. lol. I also saw another package left the NVC to South Africa on Thursday. The one that left on Wednesday is already there.

It sucks about the wait for your birth certificate. We are waiting on his Mauritian police report, it should be any day now since he asked for it a month ago and that is how long it is supposed to take. My fiancee has a cousin who lives in Cape Town with his wife, they may be able to visit my fiancee when he is in Johannesburg so that is good news. At least he will see someone he knows.

Apologies if this question had been asked in this forum before, do you choose Immigrant Visa (IV) under Visa Application Type when you check your visa status at the CEAC website?

Thank you.

Edited by wav-u

Timeline

Apologies if this question had been asked in this forum before, do you choose Immigrant Visa (IV) under Visa Application Type when you check your visa status at the CEAC website?

Thank you.

Yes, Immigrant visa. It says invalid if I put non-immigrant.

9/28/15- Visa in hand

Timeline

Yes, Immigrant visa. It says invalid if I put non-immigrant.

Thank you. Figures...when K-1 applicants reach that stage of filling out the DS-160, "IMMIGRANT" is to be chosen also as K-1 is listed under that section. Probably because for all intents and purposes, K-1 is going down that route.

Anyways, the site said my search did not return any data, short of saying I'm jumping the gun. lol.

Good luck to all of us, May filers. :yes:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

i think all may filers got approved!! :) congrats guys!! :) still waiting for my noa2. ?

Yeah, no, I guess you didn't see my post above. We're still waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So I got my Case Number today by NVC. Is it normal that I can not find the case on the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==website?

I thought I will be able to track it from now on

Timeline

So I got my Case Number today by NVC. Is it normal that I can not find the case on the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==website?

Did you select immigrant visa?

9/28/15- Visa in hand

Timeline

when was your petition approved? ours approved last june 25, my fiancee calld a while ago and they haven't created case number for us.. is that normal.. ?,or others experience it too?

Timeline

when was your petition approved? ours approved last june 25, my fiancee calld a while ago and they haven't created case number for us.. is that normal.. ?,or others experience it too?

I am sure you have a # by now. How long ago did your fiancee call?

It took 22 days for mine to get a # and its still at NVC :clock:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

Timeline

actually it was his first time to call today but it say that they don't still created a case number yet.. and we have to wait for 35days.. and it almost 30day now.. it so frustrating w BTW now that u have case number did u start to make schedule for your interview and medical? even it still on nvc

I got a case number last thursday and it still doesn't show up on the tracker too! Sooo annoying how long NVC has been taking!

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process from K1
20th November 2015: Filed AOS paperwork along with Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and Advanced Parole (AP) requests.

29th November 2015: electronic notifications (Email and text x3)

25th November 2015: NOA1 (date they received)
17th December 2015: early walk in biometrics appointment. (letter date: December 21).

29th December 2015: Case ready to be scheduled for interview
8th February 2016: Completed service request for EAD via USCIS phone call
16th February 2016:Checked online and EAD was approved (Date approved February 12th).

19th February 2016- Card has been mailed

20th February 2016- Card delivered

Current status: Waiting for AOS interview to be scheduled!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.