30 posts in this topic

My husband received a RFE form for his I 751 form. When we applied to remove his conditions we included the following evidence voided check from our joint bank account, my life insurance policy showing that my husband is the beneficiary, copies of tax returns for 07, 08, 09, envelopes from people that is addressed to both of us, my husband's substitute paycheck envelopes addressed to him, bills in both our names, and various pictures of us with family members and us as a couple throughout our marriage.

For the RFE we are sending the following:Papers from original I751 submission, copies of our debit cards for the joint bank account, various months of joint bank account statements for 08,09, and 10, copies of our IRS W2 forms, both our life insurance policies showing that each of us are beneficiaries, cancer policies for both of us, copies of our health insurance cards, health insurance statements showing that my husband has used his health insurance card, copies of bills in my husband's name showing that he lives at the same residence as myself, copies of the credit card bill from Scotland that my husband had and we are paying on.

Do you feel that we need to send affidavits also or is this enough evidence? Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated since I am truly stressing over this in fear that he won't get his Green Card. Also should I put his A# on each page of evidence?

My husband received a RFE form for his I 751 form. When we applied to remove his conditions we included the following evidence voided check from our joint bank account, my life insurance policy showing that my husband is the beneficiary, copies of tax returns for 07, 08, 09, envelopes from people that is addressed to both of us, my husband's substitute paycheck envelopes addressed to him, bills in both our names, and various pictures of us with family members and us as a couple throughout our marriage.

For the RFE we are sending the following:Papers from original I751 submission, copies of our debit cards for the joint bank account, various months of joint bank account statements for 08,09, and 10, copies of our IRS W2 forms, both our life insurance policies showing that each of us are beneficiaries, cancer policies for both of us, copies of our health insurance cards, health insurance statements showing that my husband has used his health insurance card, copies of bills in my husband's name showing that he lives at the same residence as myself, copies of the credit card bill from Scotland that my husband had and we are paying on.

Do you feel that we need to send affidavits also or is this enough evidence? Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated since I am truly stressing over this in fear that he won't get his Green Card. Also should I put his A# on each page of evidence?

What's the wording on the RFE? Sometimes they are specific on what they would like to receive and sometimes they are general. I would say that affidavits would be good at this point. They don't cost a thing and since you are already receiving an RFE, send in as many things as possible to guarantee an immediate approval.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

First of all, don't stress. RFEs happen all the time.

Second, what specifically are they asking for in the RFE?

Third, putting the A# on all sheets of evidence is helpful, in case the sheets get seperated somehow.

First of all, don't stress. RFEs happen all the time.

Second, what specifically are they asking for in the RFE?

Third, putting the A# on all sheets of evidence is helpful, in case the sheets get seperated somehow.

I will do that for sure.

They weren't specific on what to send. Just general suggestions such as birth certificates of children which we dont have. Lease/mortgage with both our names on it, will/power of attorney. Which we dont have, but I explained in the cover letter why certain things have not been sent.

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I just need to calm down and realize that it will be okay.

Edited by janetc

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I don't see any residence documents like a deed, showing co-ownership of your property or a lease agreement with both of your names on the lease...?

What's the wording on the RFE? Sometimes they are specific on what they would like to receive and sometimes they are general. I would say that affidavits would be good at this point. They don't cost a thing and since you are already receiving an RFE, send in as many things as possible to guarantee an immediate approval.

Thanks for your reply. I was getting ready to mail the evidence back, but I will get some friends and family to write some affidavits. Again thank you so much for your reply.

I don't see any residence documents like a deed, showing co-ownership of your property or a lease agreement with both of your names on the lease...?

I have owned my home since 1997. Upon our marriage we talked to the home loan officer of the bank where I got my home loan and he said that the law in Kentucky states that once you are married your spouse becomes half owner automatically and it isn't necessary to put spouse's name on the deed so we didn't. In order to do so we have to go through a lawyer and it is a lot of red tape to do so and we dont have the time to do that.

Timeline

I have owned my home since 1997. Upon our marriage we talked to the home loan officer of the bank where I got my home loan and he said that the law in Kentucky states that once you are married your spouse becomes half owner automatically and it isn't necessary to put spouse's name on the deed so we didn't. In order to do so we have to go through a lawyer and it is a lot of red tape to do so and we dont have the time to do that.

You could make a statement of such, and add that as an attachment to your RFE. Their instructions state that if you believe your case is unique, you should explain that as an attachment, not in the cover letter itself.

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

If you believe your situation to be unique, explain it fully in an attachment to the packet, not as a cover letter.

I would suggest you include that in the RFE. Show them what the State law is (since it is different state to state) and this legal document will be proof that although your spouse is not on the title, he is a co-owner. It might help.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Wow great responses. Also, I think your evidence for the RFE is very good and like the rest suggested, statements or affidavits would be great. As for KY law stating your spouse owns half, I agree that you can write that on your cover letter. I would also cite the law itself (the actual code) in the letter. Best of luck but it seems you will do just fine!

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

You could make a statement of such, and add that as an attachment to your RFE. Their instructions state that if you believe your case is unique, you should explain that as an attachment, not in the cover letter itself.

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Thank you so much for the information. I already included it in a cover letter, but I can take it out and add it as an attachment to the RFE form. Your help is truly appreciated.

Timeline

Another thing you can do is submit other proof of cohabitance. For example, copies of yours and his drivers licenses, which shows you reside together.

Filed: Timeline

I understand that the state law says that your spouse becomes half owner automatically but can you still go ahead and put your spouse's name on the deed anyway? Co-ownership of property is a strong evidence of bona fide marriage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It drives me absolutely INSANE and up the wall that if you don't have a kid or a house after two years of marriage, they will send you a RFE.

I already know that the same thing will happen to us. If it does, I will send them the bill for our fertility treatments to shut them UP.

RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

There is nobody here that doesn't have either a kid or a house and got approved without RFE??? Then I guess we will see and RFE as well, we rent an apartment and we don't have kids... Frankly, I can hardly believe that.

Edited by LadyAmalthea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.