Hello My fiance just had his interview last month July 19th 2016 and was denied the K1 visa. After much thinking we believe our denial had to do with the fact that I was still married when we started communication and the fact that 2 years prior I petitioned for then my ex husband.
Its a long story but I met my ex husband in the states, married and then seperated. He has been in Mexico since September 2013 but I was silly enough to never cancel his petition. Anyway I went to USCIS and even contacted a senator here to try to cancel and old petition of an ex husband. Dont know why but USCIS has been slow to cancel it we are still waiting for it to cancel all the way. took make it brief it took me forever to get my ex husband to sign the divorce and during that time I met my wonderful fiance.
Well, the senator contacted the embassy of Ghana to get the reason of our denial and we were told that the CO denied our K1 visa since they believed our relationship was a sham meant to invade immigration laws, etc. Anway the embassy also emailed the senator and said I could proceed our petition by reapplying for the K1 visa or doing the CR1.
my question is what do you think would be our best option? I know that this time when I petiton for my fiance I need to front load and do a timeline on how things happened. I feel the Ghana embassy is tough or more so now because they might belive I am doing this as a business which is not the case. I really love my fiance and will do anything for us to be together. Anyway after much heartbreak WE decided to stay strong and fight for our love.
WE just don't know which option will be best.
part of me wants to re-apply for the K1 visa and this time front load, add a timeline, more pics and evidence, etc. the reason I want the K1 is because its faster then the CR1 and being away from the one you love is hard enough.
the downside of the K1 is being denied again and then had wasted time and now have to do the CR1.
The reason I don't want to do the CR1 is because it takes too long. I know its cheaper in the long run but I also worry that If I go straight now to the CR1 without doing the K1 again that the CO in Ghana might still deny us.
I feel if I do the CR1 after the embassy sees I tried to do (two )K1 then maybe they will take more compassion and approve us since they see our battle and how hard we have tried and even resubmitted a K1.
at this point i See it either way?
I know that the K1 we cant appeal but the CR1 we can
I'm wondering about the CR1 Appeal and how long that takes in case Ghana denies us again for the reason they dont belive our relatonship. I justworry so much this might be a battle WE cant win.
Will someone who knows about this please let me know what is the best route for us.
I know I have alot of question and I apologize. I just want to know the pros and cons to both especially how to appeal a CR1 and how long does that take. I might do the CR1 if its the safest bet.
Also please no judgment. thanks