JISnJRS

Police Clearance

10 posts in this topic

Do the Police clearance documents for both Hong Kong or the Philippines have a date of validity (expiration) ?

And in what part of the CR-1 process are they needed?

Thanks..

Edited by Luk Dit Mo

pic2_2022.jpg.c44bdafe791ace24f3ee1b38379ac5ab.jpg

Hello.,,I worked in Amman Jordan for 3 years, and I left last month ago, I didn't gets a police clearance what should I will do if the US embassy will ask me about the police clearance?i have already schedule for my interview., pls give me some advice thanks

Edited by Janniella kaldwel

1 hour ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

Do the Police clearance documents for both Hong Kong or the Philippines have a date of validity (expiration) ?

Thanks..

Yes. both 1 year validity. Hong kong clearance will be sent direct to the USEM, so you have to be diligent to check the tracking status and get a confirmation thru email from the USEM that they have received it, print the email and bring to your interview or else you will get a slip and be on administrative processing. in my case, I had email confirmation from USEM that they have received my HK clearance but on the day of my interview the certificate was not in my file. Good thing I had printed this email "just in case" they ask for the HK police certificate. So it was a saving grace for me. Recommended you do the same.

NBI make sure you get it maybe 3-4 months before your interview.

We were asked for the clearances when we were submitting the documents checklist for NVC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

Thanks..

You will need an NBI from the Philippines and a police clearance from HK (if you resided there for 1 year or more) during AOS and the interview at USEM

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 months later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 5/29/2018 at 12:37 PM, maxxann said:

Yes. both 1 year validity. Hong kong clearance will be sent direct to the USEM, so you have to be diligent to check the tracking status and get a confirmation thru email from the USEM that they have received it, print the email and bring to your interview or else you will get a slip and be on administrative processing. in my case, I had email confirmation from USEM that they have received my HK clearance but on the day of my interview the certificate was not in my file. Good thing I had printed this email "just in case" they ask for the HK police certificate. So it was a saving grace for me. Recommended you do the same.

NBI make sure you get it maybe 3-4 months before your interview.

We were asked for the clearances when we were submitting the documents checklist for NVC

Hi. My husband and I are going through the visa process in Hong Kong. We were told that we need to send a police report from Hong Kong to nvc. However, it seems the hong  kong police only sends police reports directly to the embassies / consulate. How do we get a copy to send to nvc along with other documents? Thanks 

18 minutes ago, DeeDeeAO said:

Hi. My husband and I are going through the visa process in Hong Kong. We were told that we need to send a police report from Hong Kong to nvc. However, it seems the hong  kong police only sends police reports directly to the embassies / consulate. How do we get a copy to send to nvc along with other documents? Thanks 

Unfortunately you can’t have a duplicate copy of the HK police cert. We were also asked by the NVC of that police clearance in a letter they sent to us stating that we are lacking that document. I called HK police in Wanchai & asked for the tracking number. Trace the tracking number & we printed out the tracking notice that it was already sent to the US embassy in Manila and we informed NVC

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 minutes ago, maxxann said:

Unfortunately you can’t have a duplicate copy of the HK police cert. We were also asked by the NVC of that police clearance in a letter they sent to us stating that we are lacking that document. I called HK police in Wanchai & asked for the tracking number. Trace the tracking number & we printed out the tracking notice that it was already sent to the US embassy in Manila and we informed NVC

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.