Palawan1

History of TB...will sputum test be required?

8 posts in this topic

A friend of ours went to her first day of the medical exam yesterday at St. Lukes. She had a history of TB but had successfully taken the medication. She mentioned this to the nurse at St. Luke's and they have asked her to bring in her certificate this afternoon. With her history of having had TB, do you think she will have to go through the 2 month sputum testing or will the St. Luke's X-Ray be the deciding factor? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello there.. I am a beneficiary, I too had a lung issue before, I had ill-defined density (PTB) at my upper left lung started jan 2017 and my treatment was all done on July, 6 months.. Your friend must bring her old x-rays and a medical certificate from her doc or whatever record she have. I have not done the medical yet but I have prepared all my x-ray films and the med certificate stating that I am all cleared and all the names of the medications I have took signed by my doc. Because it's like this, once you have a lung history, there will be a scar in your lung and slec will definitely see in when you do the x-ray with them. without showing this papers or proof or a medical clearance let's say, they will for sure run you for another test like the one you mention.. the sputum test.. she must not just mention it to the nurse but show proof that she is cleared..

Anyway, does your friend had an eligibility letter from the embassy when she took the medical exam? It's the letter containing her name and the manila case number. Or did she just screenshot her NVC case status and print it to show at slec to take the medical? sorry.. I am very confused, I want to take the medical exam already but I am hesitating because I don't have that eligibility/instruction letter yet.. What I only have is the case number, invoice and a screenshot of my case status at NVC.. 

Goodluck for your friend! Hope all goes well with her medical and the rest.

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

6 hours ago, Palawan1 said:

A friend of ours went to her first day of the medical exam yesterday at St. Lukes. She had a history of TB but had successfully taken the medication. She mentioned this to the nurse at St. Luke's and they have asked her to bring in her certificate this afternoon. With her history of having had TB, do you think she will have to go through the 2 month sputum testing or will the St. Luke's X-Ray be the deciding factor? 

The history will be taken and all documents and xrays presented will be reviewed as well as fresh scans from SLEC. The results will be reviewed and a decision will be rendered. The next steps will be discussed with the patient. No one here can say with any certainty if she will have to have the sputum test. Leave that to the professionals. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thanks for your responses. Happy to say that she received her vaccinations when she went back. Her interview is on January 29th.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

GREETINGS!

I HAVE READ THIS LONG TIME AGO AND ANYONE IS WELCOME TO CORRECT IT OR HAVE ANY UPDATES WILL BE APPRECIATED.

1. THE CLINIC WILL SCHEDULE YOU FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS FOR SPUTUM COLLECTION EVERY MORNING( YOU WILL BE GIVEN A PAPER INDICATING AS TO WHEN YOU WILL GO BACK FOR THE PULMONARY EVALUATION.

2. DURING THE PULMONARY EVALUATION, IF YOUR EVALUATION RESULTS SHOWS  POSITIVE RESULTS LIKE SPOT, SCARS OR LINES. YOU WILL HAVE TO UNDERGO THE 8 WEEK CULTURE AND WILL BE GIVEN ANOTHER PAPER INDICATING AS TO WHEN YOU ARE TO SEE THEM FOR THE RESULTS. YOU MAY CALL FIRST PRIOR.(THIS IS ALSO THE TIME WHERE YOU WILL GET THE  3 SMEAR RESULTS)

3. TREATMENTS WILL START, AND OF COURSE, THE RESULT OF THE CULTURE WILL BE USE IN CHOOSING THE TYPE OF ANTIBIOTIC TO BE TAKEN FOR ITS EFFECTIVENESS.

4. AROUND THREE MONTHS, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER X-RAY TO EVALUATE LUNG CONDITION.

GOODLUCK,

NELMA

( I AM A MEMBER SINCE 2004 HOWEVER, THE SITE INDICATES NEWBIE AS MY STATUS. IT IS JUST NICE TO ALWAYS GO BACK TO  A BEAUTIFUL SITE

THAT HELPED ME A LOT AND I ALWAYS SHARE ANYTHING THAT I READ OR ANYTHING THAT I KNOW THAT WILL HELP ANYONE).

Edited by nelmagriffin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.