Rachellenativ

Why is my I601 waiver taking longer to take process?

70 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Rachellenativ said:

Oh I see. Well I'm sure you're almost there! So no matter how long the processing of my waiver, I wouldn't need to start all over with my whole petition? Maybe they'll just ask for an updated documents then right? I really hope we'll get some answers real soon! 

Yes, you do not have to start all over again and yes if any document is needed you will be notified. 

You don't need to pay for an expedite. Mine was completely free and informal. My lawyer old me it was a waste of time so I did it myself.

My reason : that my employment was ending I wanted my husband here to help pay the bills. That's it. 

We filed I601 waiver end of Aug. Expedite approved mid Oct. Husband entered U.S. January 18th.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

6 hours ago, LoveMyTico said:

You don't need to pay for an expedite. Mine was completely free and informal. My lawyer old me it was a waste of time so I did it myself.

My reason : that my employment was ending I wanted my husband here to help pay the bills. That's it. 

We filed I601 waiver end of Aug. Expedite approved mid Oct. Husband entered U.S. January 18th.

Nice, very lucky you had that extreme hardship coming up at the right time.

When i was unemployed about 2yrs ago we haven't gotten to the waiver filing stage but now I have a job and no major financial issues or major medical issues was the response i got from USCIS the two times i tried this year to expedite the process.

Well, in about 1 to 3 months i should have the approval notice in the mail and the long wait will be over. 

2 hours ago, Franco007 said:

Nice, very lucky you had that extreme hardship coming up at the right time.

When i was unemployed about 2yrs ago we haven't gotten to the waiver filing stage but now I have a job and no major financial issues or major medical issues was the response i got from USCIS the two times i tried this year to expedite the process.

Well, in about 1 to 3 months i should have the approval notice in the mail and the long wait will be over. 

I dont understand why mine was denied. I sent in letters from my doctor saying i will have a cesarean march 15 i have 2 other children age 2 and 8 who i dont have anyone to take care of them. And i also sent a letter from my psychiatrist on the letter she tells that i am at a greater risk of having postpartum depression since i have and treat anxiety and depression. But they didnt care. I thought about trying again with also financial hardship because since i dont work the only money i get is the amount my husband sends to me monthly from Brasil which hardly covers bills. Things are getting tough because brasilian currency is 3 to one american dolar. I dont know how i will survive with 2 children and a baby on the way without depending on the government.

Edited by JoyceD.

18 hours ago, JoyceD. said:

I dont understand why mine was denied. I sent in letters from my doctor saying i will have a cesarean march 15 i have 2 other children age 2 and 8 who i dont have anyone to take care of them. And i also sent a letter from my psychiatrist on the letter she tells that i am at a greater risk of having postpartum depression since i have and treat anxiety and depression. But they didnt care. I thought about trying again with also financial hardship because since i dont work the only money i get is the amount my husband sends to me monthly from Brasil which hardly covers bills. Things are getting tough because brasilian currency is 3 to one american dolar. I dont know how i will survive with 2 children and a baby on the way without depending on the government.

You can try again......

This time add  these documents if you have them and hopefully it helps......

-Updated doctors notes of your past and current medical issues.

-Unemployment documents from unemployment office

-Eviction notices

-collection notices 

-Other paperwork to show that your USC children are suffering due to their father not been here in the US (Medical and Financial)

A USCIS employee told one of a similar situation like yours and only got expedited approval after proving she was loosing her apartment and car due to financial hardship and if spouse is not allowed to come help she will be on the streets with her USC children homeless.

Wish you good luck.

18 hours ago, Franco007 said:

You can try again......

-Eviction notices

-collection notices 

-Other paperwork to show that your USC children are suffering due to their father not been here in the US (Medical and Financial)

A USCIS employee told one of a similar situation like yours and only got expedited approval after proving she was loosing her apartment and car due to financial hardship and if spouse is not allowed to come help she will be on the streets with her USC children homeless.

Wish you good luck.

Do you think me reasoning out that our son who's a USC is living here in the Philippines with me right now because he's only 2 and I can't really let him just go to the US without me because one, my husband can't take care of him by himself because he works, and 2, I'm the mother, like my son basically needs me. And with that being said, our son is basically living his first 2 years without knowing his father due to all this.  Do u think that will make an approval for an expedite? Thanks! 

On 1/20/2018 at 6:41 PM, Franco007 said:

You can try again......

-Eviction notices

-collection notices 

Wish you good luck.

Very good tips!

Thank you! I will defenitely gather as much information i can to proove financial hardship.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 6:41 PM, Franco007 said:

You can try again......

-Eviction notices

-collection notices 

Wish you good luck.

So i tried again this time i sent in plenty of evidence of financial hardship even an eviction notice and was denied once again. I don't think there is nothing else I can do then try to survive and wait for the proceeding times. 

11 hours ago, JoyceD. said:

So i tried again this time i sent in plenty of evidence of financial hardship even an eviction notice and was denied once again. I don't think there is nothing else I can do then try to survive and wait for the proceeding times. 

Yeah it is all case by case basis and when lawyers send these documents in they know what to write in the statements that goes with these documents and what laws to quote and all to get it approved.

But me and you off the streets do not know those terms and all, that is why some of us keeps getting denied.

Also it is discretionary too by the officer involved, they may be having a bad day the day they checked our expeditious applications and so on.....

Good luck the wait will be over before you know it.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2018 at 11:11 PM, Franco007 said:

Yeah it is all case by case basis and when lawyers send these documents in they know what to write in the statements that goes with these documents and what laws to quote and all to get it approved.

But me and you off the streets do not know those terms and all, that is why some of us keeps getting denied.

Also it is discretionary too by the officer involved, they may be having a bad day the day they checked our expeditious applications and so on.....

Good luck the wait will be over before you know it.  

Hi! Any news on your waiver? 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:11 AM, Rachellenativ said:

I checked the uscis website. Their priority date now is on December 2016 as of January 31st. Isn't yours December?? 

Yes it updated to December 16, 2016 but mine is 29th...... But some people who submitted in November 2016 have still not gotten a response too and there is also another VJ member how has been waiting for a response now for 1yr and 6months.... So i think the dates just show where they at on the submissions but not all who submitted on those dates will get a reply until they are done with that persons particular application.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:45 PM, Franco007 said:

Yes it updated to December 16, 2016 but mine is 29th...... But some people who submitted in November 2016 have still not gotten a response too and there is also another VJ member how has been waiting for a response now for 1yr and 6months.... So i think the dates just show where they at on the submissions but not all who submitted on those dates will get a reply until they are done with that persons particular application.

omg a year and six months?! i heard it only takes 12-14 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.