Mary1964

Report Of Marriage To Philippine Consulate

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I want to send in the report of marriage to the Philippine Consulate General for our marriage. Since we never did this and we have been married for 4 years, the directions state that we need to include:

"Covering letter (handwritten or typed), address to the Civil Registry Section, indicating service/transaction requested and telephone number or email address for contact details."

What is the "address to the Civil Registry Section"?

Is this a physical address? If so, what is the address Civil Registry Section?

Does anyone have a sample cover letter?

Thank you for the help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Mary1964 said:

I want to send in the report of marriage to the Philippine Consulate General for our marriage. Since we never did this and we have been married for 4 years, the directions state that we need to include:

"Covering letter (handwritten or typed), address to the Civil Registry Section, indicating service/transaction requested and telephone number or email address for contact details."

Thank you for the help!

The same address as the Consulate/Embassy you are sending it to 

Civil Registry Section

Philippine Consulate General

Street

City, State, Zip Code

YMMV

19 hours ago, Mary1964 said:

Thank you for the help!

To file ROM, the filing must be with the Consulate that has jurisdiction over the state that your marriage took place. Details are here: http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/ Toward the left hand side of the page you will see a map and a tab above that says "Consulate Finder".  Go to the bottom of the box and you select "Consulate Finder". There you will select the state that you were married in (not the state you reside in if they are different) on the map and it will take you to the Consulate serving your area of marriage. Find the instructions for "reporting of marriage" ROM and follow the directions.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

19 hours ago, Mary1964 said:

Thank you for the help!

Why do it now?

You probably have a US Passport by now

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Last few questions I hope.

1) Do we need to have each of the Report Of Marriage forms notarized? If so, where should the notarization go on the form as there is no room for this on the form?

2) We also need to send in a notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION. Do we send in only 1 notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION or do we need to send in more than one?

1) Do we need to have each of the Report Of Marriage forms notarized? If so, where should the notarization go on the form as there is no room for this on the form?

2) We also need to send in a notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION. Do we send in only 1 notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION or do we need to send in more than one?

3) On the Report of Marriage form, should I use my married last name or maiden name?

4) In the section where we check marital status, do I choose single? Confusing since I am now married.

On 1/12/2018 at 7:15 AM, Chris Duffy said:

Why do it now?

You probably have a US Passport by now

I do not have a US passport yet. I am just now qualified to apply for citizenship. I am about to send in the N-400 application for citizenship. However, my Philippine passport expires in September of this year and I know it will take much longer to get the my appointment for citizenship and I do not want my Philippine passport to expire.

My Philippine passport is still in my maiden name so I wanted to do the report of Marriage and then get the Philippine passport in my married name. However, as I complete the Report of Marriage form there are just so many question.

2) We also need to send in a notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION. Do we send in only ONE (1) notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION or do we need to send in more than one?

3) On the Report of Marriage form, should I use my married last name or maiden name?

4) In the section where we check marital status, do I choose single? Confusing since I am now married.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mary1964 said:

1)  Original notarized, then make the required additional copies of the notarized original.

2) Requirements only list the one, no mention of additional copies needed.  So .. just the original.

51 minutes ago, Mary1964 said:

I do not have a US passport yet. I am just now qualified to apply for citizenship. I am about to send in the N-400 application for citizenship. However, my Philippine passport expires in September of this year and I know it will take much longer to get the my appointment for citizenship and I do not want my Philippine passport to expire.

My Philippine passport is still in my maiden name so I wanted to do the report of Marriage and then get the Philippine passport in my married name. However, as I complete the Report of Marriage form there are just so many question.

2) We also need to send in a notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION. Do we send in only ONE (1) notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION or do we need to send in more than one?

3)  Use your maiden name on the form.

4) Your status at the time you are getting married.  (single/divorced/widow)   

----   Philippine passport expiring soon    Are you planning to travel outside the country in the near future?  If not, it may be a waste of time & money being you are going to file for naturalization soon.   Your Philippines passport will become invalid the moment you take your OATH OF CITIZENSHIP for the USA.   After that if you want a Philippine passport you will need to complete dual citizenship before you are allowed to apply for a new passport.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The form seems to not have a place for the notary and thus we just had it notarized in the margin and had no problems with our submittal. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

24 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The form seems to not have a place for the notary and thus we just had it notarized in the margin and had no problems with our submittal. 

In the margin? I do not see any margins at all.

We also need to send in a notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION. Do we send in only ONE (1) notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION or do we need to send in more than one?

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Mary1964 said:

In the margin? I do not see any margins at all.

We also need to send in a notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION. Do we send in only ONE (1) notarized AFFIDAVIT FOR DELAYED REGISTRATION or do we need to send in more than one?

The new form is very poorly designed, the old form had a space for the notary stamp and info.    Best I can suggest is try to keep the notary stamp in the signature area of the form

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

The new form is very poorly designed, the old form had a space for the notary stamp and info.    Best I can suggest is try to keep the notary stamp in the signature area of the form

I wonder if it could go on another sheet that we staple to it or clip to it? I read some did that but I would really love to be sure before I send it.

Timeline
Just now, Mary1964 said:

I wonder if it could go on another sheet that we staple to it or clip to it? THAT WOULD ONLY NOTARIZE THE BLANK PIECE OF PAPER   I read some did that but I would really love to be sure before I send it.

No.   The notary stamp must be on the document .. the purpose of the stamp .. is to authenticate.  

Just keep everything in your signature area the best you can.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

24 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No.   The notary stamp must be on the document .. the purpose of the stamp .. is to authenticate.  

Just keep everything in your signature area the best you can.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.