Joel Schmidt

Please Help with this USCIS/NVC ISSUE

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

My fiancée called this morning the USCIS to see what was going on and the officer said that she should disregard because it was probably a mistake. 

We submitted a service request earlier this week and the officer advised us to wait for an answer from that one because it would have the most up to date information. It was disturbing that he did not message California Service Center about this mistake so my fiance called back to see if someone could and that time they refused to transfer her and they said they actually don't have to take action until 90 days for the NVC to receive case files which contradicts the approval notice and even what the NVC says, but the Tier 1 representative insisted this was their policy.

It seems that each person says something different, another representative said they have no jurisdiction since it should be with the NVC. The NVC did notify us earlier this week they would be working with the USCIS to get our case moving in their respose from the NVCResearch email.

There is so much going on we have no idea how this will come out.

On 11/9/2017 at 9:02 AM, Joel Schmidt said:

Hello,

Is there anyone that have encounter this issue before ? 
What are we supposed to do ... ? 
We are worried a lot about what do do 

HI Joe,

I started a new topic with the same issue. Our NOA1 was late april and it was approved in Sept. Yet to have receive confirmation from NVC.  Two months and still no word, sent off the NVCresearch email with I797 last week, no word yet. There are several other members on here who have already completed their visa interview, and they had filing of i129F in April.   Doesn't sound normal processing times.. I though maybe it was the fires in CA creating a problem since they were near the Laguna Niguel Office ( i live in So CAL) but a vj member had their approval notice one day earlier than mine, and have completed their interview. Their docu,ment were received by NVC appox 10/03/17, shipped out on 10/05/17  and interview was 11/08/17.  Frustrating..just a waiting game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm currently in the same boat and hoping someone can provide some insight.  USCIS has been less than helpful.  My case was smooth as possible with no RFE or anything.  I received my I-797 in a timely manner and then.... nothing.  USCIS just kept telling me to wait even though everyone else was already through the NVC.  I started investigations at USCIS, NVC, ombudsman and congressman.  I finally got a reply after contacting the CSC.  That response has me even more worried, though.  They said they're sending my case back to the adjudicator that originally approved it and they won't provide me with a timeline or any way to track it.

Timeline

Last update... 

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) contacted U.S Citizenship Immigration Service (USCIS) in regards to your approved petition. USCIS has informed us that your petition is currently located at the (National Record Center-NRC).USCIS (California Service Center-CSC) has informed us that they have requested the corresponding file; they will review this petition and forward the petition to the NVC unless the petitioner or attorney is notified otherwise. Please allow ample time for USCIS to process their review.

If you have an updated address for the petitioner, please provide USCIS with that information at your earliest convenience so they may update their records.

The congressman’s office is involved and the senators office as well. So we hope our case will move "fast"... 

Sounds like they mistakenly treated it like an I-130 and - since there was no action to take on it - sent it to the NRC instead of NVC. So now it has to be pulled from the archives. Ugh...

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Sounds like they mistakenly treated it like an I-130 and - since there was no action to take on it - sent it to the NRC instead of NVC. So now it has to be pulled from the archives. Ugh...

There were a cluster of I-129F's that got sent to NRC instead of NVC it seems. I wonder if it was the same adjudicator for all of them.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

3 minutes ago, CopperChem said:

There were a cluster of I-129F's that got sent to NRC instead of NVC it seems. I wonder if it was the same adjudicator for all of them.

:wow:smh. Hopefully they "fixed" the issue with that IO...

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
On 11/15/2017 at 10:24 PM, barltok said:

I'm currently in the same boat and hoping someone can provide some insight.  USCIS has been less than helpful.  My case was smooth as possible with no RFE or anything.  I received my I-797 in a timely manner and then.... nothing.  USCIS just kept telling me to wait even though everyone else was already through the NVC.  I started investigations at USCIS, NVC, ombudsman and congressman.  I finally got a reply after contacting the CSC.  That response has me even more worried, though.  They said they're sending my case back to the adjudicator that originally approved it and they won't provide me with a timeline or any way to track it.

My case got re-approved yesterday so I have a new expiration date.  That was honestly my biggest worry.  Now I just hope it actually gets sent to the NVC this time ;)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Joel Schmidt said:

Did they tell you if your case was sent to the National Record Center ? 

One of the immigration officers I spoke with at USCIS said it was sent to the NRC.  I had read about things taking forever to come back from the NRC so I told them I didn't want to risk having my case expire.  They put in an "expedite request" at this point and then I got the email from the CSC saying they would re-approve my case so I would get a new expiration date.

On 11/23/2017 at 7:06 AM, Greg Shull said:

my  case was approved on 09/19/17 still has not reached NVC Almost 1 0  weeks have done  everything I can still nothing 

well, it looks like there are multiple people with that issue, i'm a  9/20/17 approval.Since my last post, I've contacted NVC who finally said it was at the NRC. Then i turned around and called USCIS, the representative was adamant that NVC has the documents and is still within the processing times, but need to wait 90 days before they do anything. The rep also insistent on how I found out about the NRC and explained that NVC researched the case and confirmed it was at the NRC.  I made initial contact with congressman and will get the form to fill out for inquiry.

It's frustrating knowing there's such a disparity of dates for filers within the same approval period. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

received a email from NVC research saying they had located my case at NRC' wonder how long it will take to get to NVC, incompetence very frustrating

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We received a new approval date, has anyone else who has gotten a new approval date or has your case finally reached the NVC.

I'm afraid this is endless... :/ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.