The Nature  Boy

Congrats America

204 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So the NFL players get freedom of speech, but not the President?  

What is the compulsion  with you to quote every single post I make ?
I am taking the higher road. This is getting a bit too childish for me.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ebunoluwa said:

What is the compulsion  with you to quote every single post I make ?
I am taking the higher road. This is getting a bit too childish for me.

You certainly are under no obligation to reply. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

How does this apply?  What did Trump threaten to withhold to force the owners to fire those not standing?  What influence did he promise or threaten the owners with?

The act of publicly calling for NFL owners to fire their employees for particular reasons (that don't actually violate their contracts) could be considered to be attempting to "influence" or push them to make a decision using his power as President and the media attention he creates.

He is no longer just a public citizen giving an opinion. He is the President of the United States. It isn't appropriate for the President to specifically call out a particular set of employers to fire a particular set of employees. 

The White House has already said in the past that his tweets are official statements. So he has now made official statements as President of the United States calling on employers to fire their employees for reasons that aren't listed in their contracts. He is leveraging his power and publicity to influence their decision. He didn't work, but you can't deny that is what he tried to do.

Edited by bcking

Timeline
24 minutes ago, bcking said:

The act of publicly calling for NFL owners to fire their employees for particular reasons (that don't actually violate their contracts) could be considered to be attempting to "influence" or push them to make a decision using his power as President and the media attention he creates.

He is no longer just a public citizen giving an opinion. He is the President of the United States. It isn't appropriate for the President to specifically call out a particular set of employers to fire a particular set of employees. 

The White House has already said in the past that his tweets are official statements. So he has now made official statements as President of the United States calling on employers to fire their employees for reasons that aren't listed in their contracts. He is leveraging his power and publicity to influence their decision. He didn't work, but you can't deny that is what he tried to do.

I guess what I am saying is doesn't 18 USC 227 require an overt act, or a quid pro quo?  Can opinions expressed by government agents such as Reps, Senators, etc. and even the President be considered in and of itself influence?  I am asking as I am not a lawyer, but this section is contained in Chapter 11 of 18 USC titled Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest.

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

I guess what I am saying is doesn't 18 USC 227 require an overt act, or a quid pro quo?  Can opinions expressed by government agents such as Reps, Senators, etc. and even the President be considered in and of itself influence?  I am asking as I am not a lawyer, but this section is contained in Chapter 11 of 18 USC titled Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest.

I honestly don't know either. I know we have some lawyers who hang out on here occassionally. 

My opinion would be that a public official of substantial power (President being the pinnacle of that) should refrain from giving opinion on whether a private entity should terminate contracts on employees, for any reason. 

Just giving his opinion, in my mind, is influencing their decision making because his opinion is going to be widely disseminated (as we have already seen). That wide spread dissemination, coupled with his suggestion that their actions will reduce their ratings/viewerships, is an attempt to influence their decisions. I don't think a President should call for a boycott, or call for a reduction in viewership over something he happens to not like. He can't spread his personal opinions around like that anymore now that he is President (in my view).

From reading in other places it seems like the bigger issue with whether he violated this law is whether you consider what he said/did an "official act". His twitter account has been confirmed to be "official statements", but official statements aren't necessarily acts. So he likely gets away with it because he isn't acting, he is just making statements to attempt to influence a private entity.

Either way I firmly believe a President should not get in between an employer and an employee and attempt to influence a employer's decision regarding termination. That should be universally agreed upon. It just seems common sense.

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

So this is all about racism?  I don't remember Trump saying anything about racism.

Trump breathing=racist. Its the narrative that the alt left keeps alive. Their only hopes of maintaining  any power.

I am old enough to remember when Trump was not racist 

Image result for trump al sharpton

Just now, Nature Boy Flair said:

Trump breathing=racist. Its the narrative that the alt left keeps alive. Their only hopes of maintaining  any power.

What does the photo have to do with the content of your post? You need more context to the photograph.

You do realise somebody can be a racist AND stand next to a black person in a photograph, right? You can't just provide a picture of him standing next to black people as proof he isn't a racist. 

I really really hate bananas. If you found a photograph of me standing next to a banana that doesnt' change the fact that I hate them. 

This also ignores the fact that he may have changed opinions over the years so even if he wasn't a racist in the past doesn't mean he isn't one now. Beliefs aren't permanent. They can go either way (alternatively he could have been racist back then but not anymore...though the evidence I think would suggest otherwise).

2 minutes ago, bcking said:

What does the photo have to do with the content of your post? You need more context to the photograph.

You do realise somebody can be a racist AND stand next to a black person in a photograph, right? You can't just provide a picture of him standing next to black people as proof he isn't a racist. 

I really really hate bananas. If you found a photograph of me standing next to a banana that doesnt' change the fact that I hate them. 

This also ignores the fact that he may have changed opinions over the years so even if he wasn't a racist in the past doesn't mean he isn't one now. Beliefs aren't permanent. They can go either way (alternatively he could have been racist back then but not anymore...though the evidence I think would suggest otherwise).

OMG you said banana in a post with a picture of black people. That kind of racism is uncalled for.  

Timeline
29 minutes ago, bcking said:

I honestly don't know either. I know we have some lawyers who hang out on here occassionally. 

My opinion would be that a public official of substantial power (President being the pinnacle of that) should refrain from giving opinion on whether a private entity should terminate contracts on employees, for any reason. 

Just giving his opinion, in my mind, is influencing their decision making because his opinion is going to be widely disseminated (as we have already seen). That wide spread dissemination, coupled with his suggestion that their actions will reduce their ratings/viewerships, is an attempt to influence their decisions. I don't think a President should call for a boycott, or call for a reduction in viewership over something he happens to not like. He can't spread his personal opinions around like that anymore now that he is President (in my view).

From reading in other places it seems like the bigger issue with whether he violated this law is whether you consider what he said/did an "official act". His twitter account has been confirmed to be "official statements", but official statements aren't necessarily acts. So he likely gets away with it because he isn't acting, he is just making statements to attempt to influence a private entity.

Either way I firmly believe a President should not get in between an employer and an employee and attempt to influence a employer's decision regarding termination. That should be universally agreed upon. It just seems common sense.

Fair enough.  I wonder where the folks claiming Trump broke the law under 18USC227 when then Senator Obama said he was going to bankrupt the coal industry?  Did that influence any private entities in their hiring or employment decisions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Image result for trump where is my african american

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

26 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Fair enough.  I wonder where the folks claiming Trump broke the law under 18USC227 when then Senator Obama said he was going to bankrupt the coal industry?  Did that influence any private entities in their hiring or employment decisions?

Again I'm no lawyer.

1. I think we would all agree the influence a President has is far greater than a Senator

2. I'm not familiar with the scenario you bring up, but from what you are saying I see a difference between a politician saying they want to work to end an industry, and one saying they want members of that industry to fire a select group of employees. 

Obama wasn't calling on coal industry CEO's to fire workers who complained about poor working conditions. Trump wasn't tweeting that he was going to personally end the NFL as a whole. Both may be wrong, but they are very different.

In the end Trump didn't break any laws, I just brought it up because I thought it was at least partially relevant. I'll just add this event to the long list of situations where I have disagreed with the actions the current President has taken. I think a President has no place commenting on individual employer/employee relationships, particularly speaking about terminating certain employees for specific actions (that aren't already covered by their contract). It is just inappropriate and not his job.

As I said at the very beginning, I'm sure Trump is aware of most of this. It created a fine distraction from his actual job, which he isn't having a great time with so far. Wall unbuilt/unfunded (and no Mexican aid!), healthcare reform failure x3 with a majority. Poor guy.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, bcking said:

Again I'm no lawyer.

1. I think we would all agree the influence a President has is far greater than a Senator

2. I'm not familiar with the scenario you bring up, but from what you are saying I see a difference between a politician saying they want to work to end an industry, and one saying they want members of that industry to fire a select group of employees. 

Obama wasn't calling on coal industry CEO's to fire workers who complained about poor working conditions. Trump wasn't tweeting that he was going to personally end the NFL as a whole. Both may be wrong, but they are very different.

In the end Trump didn't break any laws, I just brought it up because I thought it was at least partially relevant. I'll just add this event to the long list of situations where I have disagreed with the actions the current President has taken. I think a President has no place commenting on individual employer/employee relationships, particularly speaking about terminating certain employees for specific actions (that aren't already covered by their contract). It is just inappropriate and not his job.

As I said at the very beginning, I'm sure Trump is aware of most of this. It created a fine distraction from his actual job, which he isn't having a great time with so far. Wall unbuilt/unfunded (and no Mexican aid!), healthcare reform failure x3 with a majority. Poor guy.

We can spin it anyway we want, but when assertions are made, comparisons are bound to happen.  The president may have more influence than a senator, but 18USC227 does not make that distinction therefore it could be applied to both.  In Obama's case you could say his words were much more influential and actually lead to either people not being hired, or being fired based on businesses planning for the future especially once he was actually elected.  I don't think anyone actually thought the league owners were going to fire anyone in Trump's case.  Regardless, it is a good discussion point.

Timeline

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

As I stated, he was sued by the government for discriminatory rental practices.

Spoiler

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

And I am old enough to know the facts.

Spoiler