PennyandLenard

Balikbayan box

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Meron ba sa inyo diyan magpapadala ng balikbayan box sa Pilipinas sa LBC? Meron na sa inyo nakapagpadala ng balikbayan box sa LBC? Meron ba kayo reklamo sa carrier na ito? Madami ako nabalitaan sa mga kaibigan at kakilala ko dito sa northern California (north of San Francisco)  na may mga hindi magandang comments sa LBC. Madami sila na nagpadala ng box sa LBC pero hindi lahat laman nakakarating sa pinagpadalhan. LBC kasi nagpi-pick up ng mga boxes for free. I am taking my chances. Kailangan ko magpadala ng box sa Cavite next week. Pero gusto ko malaman kung sino sa inyo ang nakapagpadala na sa LBC. Alam niyo ba na meron na sila customs declaration form ngayon na kailangan mo i-download and i-fill out para sigurado nakalagay lahat doon ng mga items at kung magkano.  Bagong policy daw nila ito.  Any Comments?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I use LBC from Knoxville TN .. never had an issue.  Last boxes sent were in May this year.  I read the new policy on the declaration form ... just one more thing that has to be completed, such is life.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

11 hours ago, PennyandLenard said:

Meron ba sa inyo diyan magpapadala ng balikbayan box sa Pilipinas sa LBC? Meron na sa inyo nakapagpadala ng balikbayan box sa LBC? Meron ba kayo reklamo sa carrier na ito? Madami ako nabalitaan sa mga kaibigan at kakilala ko dito sa northern California (north of San Francisco)  na may mga hindi magandang comments sa LBC. Madami sila na nagpadala ng box sa LBC pero hindi lahat laman nakakarating sa pinagpadalhan. LBC kasi nagpi-pick up ng mga boxes for free. I am taking my chances. Kailangan ko magpadala ng box sa Cavite next week. Pero gusto ko malaman kung sino sa inyo ang nakapagpadala na sa LBC. Alam niyo ba na meron na sila customs declaration form ngayon na kailangan mo i-download and i-fill out para sigurado nakalagay lahat doon ng mga items at kung magkano.  Bagong policy daw nila ito.  Any Comments?

I have a Huge Balkibayan box actually in transit na sitting somewhere in Davao as of right now. Luckily I was able to send it off before they started the new requirements. The new requirements are just something that you have to be aware of na and complete them. We have used LBC here in SoCal with no problem. 

Timeline

I wonder why all of a sudden the rules were changed. But then times are changing. Dati nagpadala na din ako sa LBC in 2010 noon nasa Pilipinas pa si mommy. Meron lang ako mga old clothes, shoes, and more knick knacks na ayaw ko naman dalhin sa Goodwill. Kaya LBC pa rin kahit I am a bit doubtful. Thanks for the comment. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I have a Huge Balkibayan box actually in transit na sitting somewhere in Davao as of right now. Luckily I was able to send it off before they started the new requirements. The new requirements are just something that you have to be aware of na and complete them. We have used LBC here in SoCal with no problem. 

That's good to know. Na-surprised ako kahapon habang kausap ko sa phone yung taga LBC.  Sinabi niya lahat ng bagong rules nila and I'm like,  "Okaaaay". Nagulat din ako noon sinabi niya $75 for the big box. Naalala ko hindi na pala papuntang Manila ang box ko. Outside metro manila na kaya mas malaki ang bayad. I'?m good. Sana makarating doon ng maayos. Salamat. may konti pa din doubts pero what the hell. I'll go with it.

2 hours ago, PennyandLenard said:

I wonder why all of a sudden the rules were changed. But then times are changing. Dati nagpadala na din ako sa LBC in 2010 noon nasa Pilipinas pa si mommy. Meron lang ako mga old clothes, shoes, and more knick knacks na ayaw ko naman dalhin sa Goodwill. Kaya LBC pa rin kahit I am a bit doubtful. Thanks for the comment. 

The rules got changed because Pinoys were using the BB to send large quantities of stuff back for business purposes. Sending chocolate, pants, electronics all to be resold back in Pinas. They were doing that to try and evade import taxes on the goods being sent to Philippines for reselling. 

I saw a story on TFC either this Christmas or the one before that how someone was complaining because she sent 20 yes 20 Big Balikbayan boxes and only 15 out of the 20 had arrived by Christmas. My asawa and I was like why in the hell would you send 20 full boxes. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

Timeline

Yup. Why would you send 20 bb boxes? Are you moving to the Philippines? One of my friends move to Baguio City; the whole family. They had to send 4 boxes of bb boxes only. I'm pretty sure it's for proprietary reasons. I don't blame the Bureau of Customs though.

Edited by PennyandLenard

Hindi po, we are still relatively young(34,36) so we still have some years before retirement. But when we do move we will move down to Davao. 

Timeline

I wanted to move to the Philippines after retirement but husband doesn't want to. I considered all the possibilities, and I decided not to. Still a long way to retirement. I might change my mind again. Quien sabe. But right now the balikbayan box will be picked up by LBC on Tuesday. So I am looking forward to that. It's always nice to declutter the aparador before I turn into that proverbial "hoarding buried alive". 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, cyberfx1024 said:

Hindi po, we are still relatively young(34,36) so we still have some years before retirement. But when we do move we will move down to Davao. 

Davao has really changed in the last few years.  It is crowded like Cebu or Manila, not as dirty yet as Cebu.  For years people didn't go to Davao especially Americans, now it seems as if people are moving to Davao since Duterte won the Presidency.  Traffic just keeps getting worse and with silly speed limits implemented by Duterte years ago it just make for more traffic jams.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

4 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Davao has really changed in the last few years.  It is crowded like Cebu or Manila, not as dirty yet as Cebu.  For years people didn't go to Davao especially Americans, now it seems as if people are moving to Davao since Duterte won the Presidency.  Traffic just keeps getting worse and with silly speed limits implemented by Duterte years ago it just make for more traffic jams.

But the taxis are more honest unlike Manila!!!!  I love getting the receipt with the drivers name and cost on it.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 9/15/2017 at 1:16 AM, Hank_ said:

I use LBC from Knoxville TN .. never had an issue.  Last boxes sent were in May this year.  I read the new policy on the declaration form ... just one more thing that has to be completed, such is life.

Hank,

I know it is an older thread but how long did it take for the boxes to get there?

I am looking to ship some of my future asawa's clothes to the states so they dont have as much to carry on their flight.  I know it is pricey but it would be cheaper than extra baggage on the plane.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Hank,

I know it is an older thread but how long did it take for the boxes to get there?

I am looking to ship some of my future asawa's clothes to the states so they dont have as much to carry on their flight.  I know it is pricey but it would be cheaper than extra baggage on the plane.

I sent my Balikbayan Box in July and they finally got it at the end of September. It is pricey yes but you will be saving money compared to a plane.  The transit time is about 2 months. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I sent my Balikbayan Box in July and they finally got it at the end of September. It is pricey yes but you will be saving money compared to a plane.  The transit time is about 2 months. 

Was that to the Philippines or from the Philippines?  I want to send the box from Manila (Pateros) to Chicago.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.