BFTE

IV Fee - In Processs for 2 weeks already

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

My IV Fee is still processing, which is the only thing from blocking me to fill out my DS260.

I called NVC and they told me there is an error in the system right now.

NVC told me there has been made a ticket but another department of the government has to fix this?

The guy also told me that he couldn't tell for sure how much longer this was going to take. 
He did tell me I could already send in my AOS and IV documents and that they wouldn't process them until my DS260 is there.

Do you think I should do this or should I wait till it's processed so that they wont have my papers in their hands twice, causing a delay?

I was also wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Thanks for the help! :)

Is there a transaction ID when you are in the IV Fee Payment Receipt page on the CEAC website?  Have the funds been withdrawn from your bank account?

When I paid my IV fee, there was no transaction ID but the system showed 'In Process'.  It did reset by itself a few days later and so that I could submit my payment again.  I think I ended up doing this three times before a transaction ID showed up.  Once that happened, the funds were withdrawn from my bank account a few days later.  It took another week for the system to show the fee as 'Paid' so that I could access the DS260.

In the meantime you can mail your civil and financial documents to NVC.  According to the State Department website, they prefer everything to be mailed in one package with the cover sheet you received in the welcome letter on top.  

There are varying opinions as to when the clock starts on the 11 weeks it takes NVC to review the DS260 and documents.  In my case, I'd like to believe the clock starts when NVC receives and scans your civil and financial documents into their system :)

19 hours ago, SAJourney said:

Is there a transaction ID when you are in the IV Fee Payment Receipt page on the CEAC website?  Have the funds been withdrawn from your bank account

When I paid my IV fee, there was no transaction ID but the system showed 'In Process'.  It did reset by itself a few days later and so that I could submit my payment again.  I think I ended up doing this three times before a transaction ID showed up.  Once that happened, the funds were withdrawn from my bank account a few days later.  It took another week for the system to show the fee as 'Paid' so that I could access the DS260.

In the meantime you can mail your civil and financial documents to NVC.  According to the State Department website, they prefer everything to be mailed in one package with the cover sheet you received in the welcome letter on top.  

There are varying opinions as to when the clock starts on the 11 weeks it takes NVC to review the DS260 and documents.  In my case, I'd like to believe the clock starts when NVC receives and scans your civil and financial documents into their system :)

Yes, there is a transaction ID, transaction date and the funds have already been withdrawn from my bank account too. 
I will send my documents in as soon as possible and then just hope that this issue will be resolved before my papers arrive. It just sucks and I was wondering if I am the only one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Two weeks is way too much, ours took one week to change from in process  to paid.  I would go ahead and send your documents as you said. By the time they look at them the issue is hopefully solved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/7/2017 at 7:53 AM, BFTE said:

Hi,

My IV Fee is still processing, which is the only thing from blocking me to fill out my DS260.

I called NVC and they told me there is an error in the system right now.

NVC told me there has been made a ticket but another department of the government has to fix this?

The guy also told me that he couldn't tell for sure how much longer this was going to take. 
He did tell me I could already send in my AOS and IV documents and that they wouldn't process them until my DS260 is there.

Do you think I should do this or should I wait till it's processed so that they wont have my papers in their hands twice, causing a delay?

I was also wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Thanks for the help! :)

I would take the NVC's advice on sending documents as they are the ones who actually process it rather than a forum thats is not connected to them.

I would call the NVC again.  No other department handles the payment.  It's all Department of State. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

17 hours ago, NikLR said:

I would call the NVC again.  No other department handles the payment.  It's all Department of State. 

That's what I thought, but this is what I found online:

However, I am still going to call them again on Monday.
I'm almost tempted to ask them for an expedite because of this situation, but I don't think they will approve it. It is just very annoying.

What payment systems are used?

All online AOS and IV payments are processed by the Department of Treasury through the Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/fees/nvc-fee-payment-faqs.html

If you search on the NVC forum on VJ you'll find others who  have experienced extended wait times for their payment status to change to paid.  The payment system eventually catches up.  I can picture one of the old vacuum tube systems where the paid invoice gets sent from Treasury to State and somebody punches a datacard which eventually gets loaded into a hopper where it gets read into the mainframe during the wee hours off the morning.  

To cover all your bases, you should keep calling NVC and email them your proof of payment.  It could be that you'll reach someone who knows which server they should reboot :) 

Edited by SAJourney

• 2 weeks later...

So I emailed NVC on Friday, September 1st with my prove that the IV Fee was paid.

Today (18 days later) I got the following email back from NVC.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: AMSXXXXXXXXXX filed by XXXX on behalf of XXXX.

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed.

Does this mean they are actually going to do something about it soon? I got it at 4:18 AM, US-time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.