Jump to content
sevimli

No more online filing?

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, sevimli said:

Hi everyone!

I do not see online filing under my ucsis online acount. :(

 

Is it disabled for now?

 

My package is ready to go, but wanted to file it online for the easiness and traceability.

 

 

first you need to check if you are eligible to file documents online. Please see the bellow link

 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrahman14 said:

first you need to check if you are eligible to file documents online. Please see the bellow link

 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

I believed you are confused. What is this for?  I am not on any type of Visa. I am green card holder. The website you linked is for visa holders etc.

 

Thanks anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sevimli said:

Hi everyone!

I do not see online filing under my ucsis online acount. :(

 

Is it disabled for now?

 

My package is ready to go, but wanted to file it online for the easiness and traceability.

 

 

Here's the link you're looking for https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_citizen_through_naturalization#benefit-related-content-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Going through said:

Thank you for sharing the information!

 

But I did not get who gets the priority? What defines this small group"

 

This is what it says in the link you provided:

 

"USCIS is currently allowing a small number of applicants to submit their Application for Naturalization (N-400) online. If you are not part of this small group, we will redirect you to the webpage where you can download the paper application. You may then follow the form instructions and submit it by mail."

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sevimli said:

Thank you for sharing the information!

 

But I did not get who gets the priority? What defines this small group"

 

This is what it says in the link you provided:

 

"USCIS is currently allowing a small number of applicants to submit their Application for Naturalization (N-400) online. If you are not part of this small group, we will redirect you to the webpage where you can download the paper application. You may then follow the form instructions and submit it by mail."

 

 

 

If you sign up for the account and then take the very short online eligibility test, it will tell you within a minute whether you are part of "the small group"---it's based on whether you are filing a fee waiver or not, the issue date on your green card, etc.  Most are eligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

6 minutes ago, Going through said:

If you sign up for the account and then take the very short online eligibility test, it will tell you within a minute whether you are part of "the small group"---it's based on whether you are filing a fee waiver or not, the issue date on your green card, etc.  Most are eligible.

Thank you for taking your time to response.

 

I did sign up with my email address, later it asked me my phone number to securely login into my account. There were no other questions asked.

 

Here is my account screenshot, I cannot verify my identity, because i do not have Department of State (DOS) Case ID. 

 

I do not see the eligibility test that you are referring to. :(

 

Something I did wrong?

 

 

59b02f4c43a39_ScreenShot2017-09-06at12_23_44PM.thumb.jpg.6c501e632b5a42c5d89f078936558a2b.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Going through said:

If you click on the link I posted above---then click on the green "get started" button.  

:( 

 

Yes, that is what I was doing originally. It is forwarding to my account main page, which does not have any n400 application information :(

 

I tried it on the Safari and Chrome, both were same... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sevimli said:

:( 

 

Yes, that is what I was doing originally. It is forwarding to my account main page, which does not have any n400 application information :(

 

I tried it on the Safari and Chrome, both were same... 

Ok I found this in another thread---see  if it works for you to access the eligibility test...this is how I accessed it:

 

This post is for anyone who wants to apply for the N-400 online. The USCIS website is a bit tricky and doesn't take you directly to the N-400 application portal. These are the steps to online application:

 

1. Go to this link https://my.uscis.gov/apply/naturalization

2. Click on "Create Account"

3. Type in your email  and click on "Sign Up"

4. A confirmation will be sent to your email. Click on the link sent to your email and it will redirect you to a page that will enable you to create a password. Then click "Submit"

5. Go to think link https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_citizen_through_naturalization#benefit-related-content-2 and click the green "Apply" button

6. After this you will be returned to the original log in page where you sign in with your credentials

7. You can take the eligibility test and start your application. 

Edited by Going through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2017 at 2:08 PM, Going through said:

Ok I found this in another thread---see  if it works for you to access the eligibility test...this is how I accessed it:

 

This post is for anyone who wants to apply for the N-400 online. The USCIS website is a bit tricky and doesn't take you directly to the N-400 application portal. These are the steps to online application:

 

1. Go to this link https://my.uscis.gov/apply/naturalization

2. Click on "Create Account"

3. Type in your email  and click on "Sign Up"

4. A confirmation will be sent to your email. Click on the link sent to your email and it will redirect you to a page that will enable you to create a password. Then click "Submit"

5. Go to think link https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_citizen_through_naturalization#benefit-related-content-2 and click the green "Apply" button

6. After this you will be returned to the original log in page where you sign in with your credentials

7. You can take the eligibility test and start your application. 

 

Thanks! I did it finally!  I also had to contact ucsis help desk at 1-800-375-5283

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×