Jump to content
gb20792

casa transferred to another field office?

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

My status updated this morning to this:  

 

Updated: September 01, 2017

We transferred your application to another USCIS field office for review

You do not need to do anything at this time

Read the letter we mailed you for an explanation on why we transferred your application.

Estimated wait time until we schedule your interview:

6 months

 

I wonder why it was transferred. Any thoughts?

 

EDIT: I did a change of address filling AR-11 online and it was completed today but its within NYC. I thought there was only one field office in NYC.

Edited by gb20792

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dee elle said:

Its the USCIS trying to balance the delays at some offices by sending some cases to offices which are slightly less busy. Happens all the time.. at least the case is active.. sort of.. !! 

Does this mean that I'll have a my interview at a different local office than NYC? Strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gb20792 said:

I did a change of address filling AR-11 online and it was completed today but its within NYC. I thought there was only one field office in NYC.

It depends where you moved in the city - there's a field office in Queens that also covers Brooklyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gb20792 said:

Does this mean that I'll have a my interview at a different local office than NYC? Strange

Both field offices in NY operate out of the same building (Federal Plaza in Manhattan), just on different floors.  If your case was transferred to the Queens office, it may move slightly faster since they have less of a case load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Going through said:

There are two.

I see. I didn’t know this I just looked it up too. I moved from Brooklyn to Queens. I think I read both have jurisdiction in queens bourogh so I wonder why they transferred it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gb20792 said:

I see. I didn’t know this I just looked it up too. I moved from Brooklyn to Queens. I think I read both have jurisdiction in queens bourogh so I wonder why they transferred it.

They do...be happy that they transferred it over to the Queens office (if they did)---NYC field office is very backlogged compared to the Queens one.  Your interview will take place in Manhattan, though.

Edited by Going through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Going through said:

They do...be happy that they transferred it over to the Queens office (if they did)---NYC field office is very backlogged compared to the Queens one.

Okay then haha. I’m excited. Thank you!

 

Btw have you seen the new USCIS website like where you log in to check your N400 online, they like redesigned it. It has more tools now and gives you an ETA if your case finalization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gb20792 said:

Okay then haha. I’m excited. Thank you!

 

Btw have you seen the new USCIS website like where you log in to check your N400 online, they like redesigned it. It has more tools now and gives you an ETA if your case finalization. 

Yep...the estimated time is glitchy though.  My interview is later this month (I filed in July), yet it still reads my estimated wait time is 6 months from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gb20792 said:

I moved from Brooklyn to Queens. I think I read both have jurisdiction in queens bourogh so I wonder why they transferred it.

There's a field office in Holtsville that's listed as covering Queens too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gb20792 said:

Isn’t that the queens field office? or is that long island? 

Long Island. All three field offices (Queens and NYC being the other two) in the area list Queens as part of their service area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, broppy said:

Long Island. All three field offices (Queens and NYC being the other two) in the area list Queens as part of their service area.

I see! But the interview will always be in manhattan? or it could be in any of those 2 offices? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gb20792 said:

I see! But the interview will always be in manhattan? or it could be in any of those 2 offices? 

As @Going through mentioned, both NYC and Queens offices are in the same building in Manhattan, so that's probably where you'll have your interview. If they transferred you to Long Island, though, it'll be in Holtsville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×