jrj_ph

US Embassy Manila Interview

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, j N j said:

Good luck..plz let us know how everything goes..

Thank you for wishing me good luck... Mine is a special (?) one... Im for IR2 visa and is currently 27 years old... im under CSPA... hoping that CO would be nice enough in asking questions though I have gathered the documents the embassy wants me to present.... I think it will be okay...

Edited by john1989

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My experience last July 3 was in accordance to the website rules.  There weren't that many people as well being interviewed but they strictly enforced the time entry.  When I got out after my interview, they wouldn't let anyone in who's more than 15 mins earlier than their appointment time.  

20 minutes ago, Clompy said:

My experience last July 3 was in accordance to the website rules.  There weren't that many people as well being interviewed but they strictly enforced the time entry.  When I got out after my interview, they wouldn't let anyone in who's more than 15 mins earlier than their appointment time.  

I've heard that too.  I guess if you want to go early, be prepared to wait outside in case they don't let you in.  Even if they let you in hours early, they will still following appointment schedule.  Either way you wait.  It really doesn't matter as long as you are there for the appointment and all goes well.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
17 hours ago, Clompy said:

Ahhhh...I see.. I have another question, can I carry a backpack while inside the US embassy premises? Or is not allowed for security purposes?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, john1989 said:

Ahhhh...I see.. I have another question, can I carry a backpack while inside the US embassy premises? Or is not allowed for security purposes?

No issue with a backpack.  Of course it will be searched.   Just no electronics of any type; USB, phones, etc  ... not allowed

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Really no benefit to arrive an hour early ... unless you enjoy excessive waiting.  There are cafes along Roxas

I finally made my appointment last night for 9/15/17. You will not see me there more than 15 min prior, I have better things to do with my time than sit and wait inside or outside of the embassy ;)

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Just no electronics of any type; USB, phones, etc  ... not allowed

I did not know this...Is this true for all, including USC? If so I will just leave that at my hotel. I just don't know how I will get a hold of my driver to pick me up when I am finished. I guess I could just walk back to my hotel since it is only a few blocks away.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I finally made my appointment last night for 9/15/17. You will not see me there more than 15 min prior, I have better things to do with my time than sit and wait inside or outside of the embassy ;)

I did not know this...Is this true for all, including USC? If so I will just leave that at my hotel. I just don't know how I will get a hold of my driver to pick me up when I am finished. I guess I could just walk back to my hotel since it is only a few blocks away.

USC can bring electronics .. IF .. you enter a separate door, then they will store your electronics for you.   You can meet back up with your fiancee inside.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

26 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

USC can bring electronics .. IF .. you enter a separate door, then they will store your electronics for you.   You can meet back up with your fiancee inside.

I am just going in to get my affidavit In Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry, I didn't think I could bring my fiance. If I can she will be very happy.

3 hours ago, RO_AH said:

As a US citizen, you can leave your phone with security when you go through xray. You just need to leave 1 ID with them. Then, when you get ready to leave Embassy grounds you will pick up your phone.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, john1989 said:

Yup.. you can bring your backpack with your documents, wallet and ball pen inside.  No electronics allowed for the interview.. electronics such as USB, phones, phone charger, power bank, Fitbit and the likes...  there are enterprising people outside who may hold your electronics for you outside for a fee.

@RO_AH when i went to usem to get the affidavit for capacity to marry i was with my wife but the lady guard told her to wait outside, well the lady guard was nice she just let my wife waited inside that security she told my wife that it won't take long.. It's true once i got inside and got my number its only 10 minutes and got out with my affidavit on hand.. goodluck to both of you.. 

6 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Are you staying at Hotel H2O?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 8/21/2017 at 11:59 PM, Clompy said:

Just finished my immigrant visa interview today... I went to USEM at 7am for a 10:10AM interview... there were many people in line... but the good thing is there are separate lines for immigrant and non-immigrant applicants. Few minutes after I arrived, the staff and the guard called the appointment time for immigrant visa applicants.. that was from 7AM to 10AM appointment who are waiting in line... I finished the whole process at around 9:30AM.. Just bring all papers that you think may be needed... but just present them IF BEING ASKED.... NO GADGETS of any forms inside.. there are 2 security check points inside and bags will be searched.

One more thing. I got APPROVED.. Thanks to God...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.