julieascott

July 2017 I 130 Filers for Parents

146 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, apparna said:

I received NOA on July 7th 2017 for I130 for my parents. Its in Texas Service Center. Does the priority date listed on TSC matter for immediate relatives? How long does it take to approve and get to next steps?

Hello! Welcome to the group. Your case priority date should be in the NOA1 notice you received in the mail. As far as getting approved, there's no definite time and every case is different and it also depends on how busy they are. Most people says NOA2 takes up to 5 months but I also see some people gotΒ approved in just 46 days. Good luck on your case and hope we all get approved soon πŸ™πŸ»

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kenya
Timeline

Not to burst anyone's bubble but am just giving this as a point of reference as I am going through the same process althoughΒ ahead in processing now. We filed I-130 for my mother-in-law on 8/9/16. We hoped the process wouldΒ take 5-6 months from NOA1 to NOA2, it took a good 9 months at Nebraska SC. We are now in the wait for a Case Complete at NVC hopefully by end of August 2017. It will officially be 12 months on 8/31/17 which is the date of our NOA1. Keeping our fingers crossed for a Port-of-Entry in November (earlier- if the stars align :DΒ ) Good luck to everyone of you.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:12 PM, DaisyMae said:

Yay! Just got my NOA1 today and my case is routed to NebraskaΒ Service Center. Now the waiting begins πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Congrats! Did your checks also got cashed? And did you file i485 long with i130?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Yoyobunny said:

Congrats! Did your checks also got cashed? And did you file i485 long with i130?

Thank you! Yes, my check got cashed the day after I got notifications on my email and txt. No, i didn't file i-485 because my i-130 is for my mother.

13 minutes ago, DaisyMae said:

Thank you! Yes, my check got cashed the day after I got notifications on my email and txt. No, i didn't file i-485 because my i-130 is for my mother.

Ok I called USCIS and they gave me receipt #which is mailed to me. Somehow i cannot checl status online Β as uScis site dont find it. It starts with MSC.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Yoyobunny said:

Ok I called USCIS and they gave me receipt #which is mailed to me. Somehow i cannot checl status online Β as uScis site dont find it. It starts with MSC.

That's what has been happening in my case until now. The website doesn't recognize the receipt number written in my NOA1. I called them and I was told that the website may not just be updated yet and to call them again if I still couldn't check the status online 45days after I got the notice in the mail. But I was assured that everything was good so I guess I could only wait until then.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Yoyobunny said:

awee! sorry to hear that you are having a problem accessing your receipt # online and hope it get fixed soon. I registered mine last friday with no problem. Let's all hope we get our approval soon πŸ™πŸ»

Timeline
1 hour ago, DaisyMae said:

I got my hard copy of the notice in the mail today with a priority date of 08/01/17Β :)

Wonderful! Can you check your case status online without any problems?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, julieascott said:

Wonderful! Can you check your case status online without any problems?

Thank you Julie! Yes, i registered my receipt number 08/04 with no problem. Did you get yours fixed?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, DaisyMae said:

Thank you Julie! Yes, i registered my receipt number 08/04 with no problem. Did you get yours fixed?

Not yet! Though I called and I was assured that everything is fine.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, julieascott said:

Not yet! Though I called and I was assured that everything is fine.

Well, i guess your good to go then. Let's just hope that we all get our NOA2 soon πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.