julieascott

July 2017 I 130 Filers for Parents

146 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/3/2017 at 4:25 PM, julieascott said:

More than frustrating especially when it's not in our hands. My PD is July 19th but I still can't even check my status online. I know it's not like it will make a huge difference but I can't help but to be so annoyed! I have called like four times when they said call back after 45 days from date of NOA1. All I got was it may take more than 45days to fix the technical glitch. Not very helpful, is it? I mean, 10years is more than 45days! I was assured though that there's nothing wrong in my application.

Hi Julieascott, I can’t seem to find a thread for the August 2017 filers. I filed my moms petition on August 22nd, I am not able to track my case online either, how’s yours? I have called USCIS and was told the same thing they told you. I am not sure what to do. My friend filed her moms petition couple weeks after I did but she can track hers online.

Anyone here got approved so far?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

Hi Julieascott, I can’t seem to find a thread for the August 2017 filers. I filed my moms petition on August 22nd, I am not able to track my case online either, how’s yours? I have called USCIS and was told the same thing they told you. I am not sure what to do. My friend filed her moms petition couple weeks after I did but she can track hers online.

Anyone here got approved so far?

Hey there! You're more than welcome to this thread. Nope,  to this day, I can't track my case either online or on the app. I hate to say this but there is NOTHING we can do about it. I already talked to Tier 2 officer and I was told that it's a system glitch that can't be fixed, I'm sorry. We're one of the lucky ones I guess. :( I have talked to a couple of people here on visajourney who told me that their case numbers didn't work until AFTER they got approved. And one of them just got the usual "Case was received" status although the case was already sent to the NVC. All we could do right now is to call USCIS every now and then, although most probably we'd just get the same old generic response until it gets worked on.

Timeline
6 hours ago, julieascott said:

Hey there! You're more than welcome to this thread. Nope,  to this day, I can't track my case either online or on the app. I hate to say this but there is NOTHING we can do about it. I already talked to Tier 2 officer and I was told that it's a system glitch that can't be fixed, I'm sorry. We're one of the lucky ones I guess. :( I have talked to a couple of people here on visajourney who told me that their case numbers didn't work until AFTER they got approved. And one of them just got the usual "Case was received" status although the case was already sent to the NVC. All we could do right now is to call USCIS every now and then, although most probably we'd just get the same old generic response until it gets worked on.

Yes and there is not an option to talk to the representatives right away when you call their number. They tell you that you can chat with Emma but she was never so helpful! I almost think of going in to one of our local uscis here in Colorado. I am hoping to hear from them next month or February. I’m sure USCIS is backed log but I’m crossing my finger. We pray to have my mom here next summer to help us with the kids and our new addition who’s coming first week of January. :) 

Have you heard from uscis yet? Any mail or email so far?

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

Yes and there is not an option to talk to the representatives right away when you call their number. They tell you that you can chat with Emma but she was never so helpful! I almost think of going in to one of our local uscis here in Colorado. I am hoping to hear from them next month or February. I’m sure USCIS is backed log but I’m crossing my finger. We pray to have my mom here next summer to help us with the kids and our new addition who’s coming first week of January. :) 

Have you heard from uscis yet? Any mail or email so far?

Congratulations on the new baby! What I know from people here on visajourney who have been giving updates on case movements is that USCIS has been processing February and March I130s at the latest. But that thread mostly has people who applied for IR1 or CR1 visas. Honestly, I'm in the dark like you regarding how the service centers process different I130 subclassifications. I talked to someone from Canada for instance whose IR1 case was approved almost one month after her son's IR2 was sent to NVC. So there's no telling. Unfortunately, I think there are quite a few members here who forget to update their timelines so that just makes it harder to find info. To answer your question, nope I haven't heard anything. Anyways, I hope your mom could be here in time. I had a baby December 30th last year. I know you'll need lots of help.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, julieascott said:

Congratulations on the new baby! What I know from people here on visajourney who have been giving updates on case movements is that USCIS has been processing February and March I130s at the latest. But that thread mostly has people who applied for IR1 or CR1 visas. Honestly, I'm in the dark like you regarding how the service centers process different I130 subclassifications. I talked to someone from Canada for instance whose IR1 case was approved almost one month after her son's IR2 was sent to NVC. So there's no telling. Unfortunately, I think there are quite a few members here who forget to update their timelines so that just makes it harder to find info. To answer your question, nope I haven't heard anything. Anyways, I hope your mom could be here in time. I had a baby December 30th last year. I know you'll need lots of help.

Yes no kidding! We would need help. When I had my daughter 10 years back I had a lot of help with my family. I know raising a kid here in the US will totally be different with no other family around but your spouse. It’s going to be hard with our work schedule and the kids school schedule. We brought my daughter here with IR2 2 years ago and it took 5 months to get her paperwork approved. I was hoping it will be the same case but it seems like uscis is really backed log this time. I believe our service center is in Potomac.

Good news to everyone under Nebraska Service Center, I just got my approval letter in the mail. Approval date is 12/5/2017. I-130 ( Petition for parents of USC)

PD is March 27, 2017.

Good luck everyone.

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

7/1/2011.. NOA1 receipt date
7/9/2011.. NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved
11/14/2011.. Approved NOA2 recieved via email/text
11/22/2011.. NVC forwarded Approved I-129F Petition to US Embassy Philippine
11/29/2011.. US Embassy in Manila Recieved our Petition
1/20/2012.. Medical Exam (Passed)
2/28/2012.. Interview! Approved!
3/1/12... CFO counseling Done!
3/7/12.. Visa on hand
3/10/12... POE @ Honolulu, HI.. Yeheeeeeey!
3/31/12... Wedding <3 <3 <3
Adjustment of Status Journey
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
4/30/12... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of AOS & EAD receipt
5/7/12... AOS/EAD NOA1 Hard Copy Received
6/11/12... Biometrics Appointment
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.
6/27/12... Text/Email Received (Card Production for EAD)
7/7/12... EAD Card Received! smile.png Yeheeeeey!

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png
8/21/12... Green Card on Hand! Yeheeey! Thank God!

Stepson I-130 Petition

12/27/13... Mailed I-130 to Phoenix lockbox via USPS Express Mail

12/31/13... NOA1 Priority Date

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/11/14.. NOA1 Hard copy received

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

1/23/14... NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

NVC Stage

1/29/14... NVC received approved petition

3/7/14... Case Number Assigned (MNL**********)

3/11/14... Received AOS bill & Paid AOS/ Submitted DS-261

3/17/14... Mailed AOS Package

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

3/25/14... Recieved/Paid IV fee (Mailed DS-260 additional requirements)

3/27/14... Submitted DS-260 Online

Waiting.... Hopefully no Checklist. :)

4/24/14... Case Complete

6/23/14... Interview date! Huraaaay! APPROVED! More Hurray! :)

Timeline
58 minutes ago, merkin&regine said:

Good news to everyone under Nebraska Service Center, I just got my approval letter in the mail. Approval date is 12/5/2017. I-130 ( Petition for parents of USC)

PD is March 27, 2017.

Good luck everyone.

Congratulations! You give us hope!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations. So we’re looking at about 9 months? Good luck with the rest of the process and let’s hope it runs quickly and smoothly for you 👍

6 hours ago, julieascott said:

Congratulations! You give us hope!

Thanks!🙂

52 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

Congratulations. So we’re looking at about 9 months? Good luck with the rest of the process and let’s hope it runs quickly and smoothly for you 👍

Roughly Yes.

Thanks. 🙂

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

3/7/12.. Visa on hand
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png

Stepson I-130 Petition

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

NVC Stage

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

4/24/14... Case Complete

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline

Did they say if your case has been sent to the NVC? It will be interesting to see how long this takes. My priority date is May 24th . Please will you update us?

19 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

Did they say if your case has been sent to the NVC? It will be interesting to see how long this takes. My priority date is May 24th . Please will you update us?

Yes! Approval wordings are identical. It always say that.

Good luck.

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

3/7/12.. Visa on hand
4/24/12... AOS Mailed

Stepson I-130 Petition

NVC Stage

4/24/14... Case Complete

25 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

Thank you. 

You’re welcome

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

3/7/12.. Visa on hand
4/24/12... AOS Mailed

Stepson I-130 Petition

NVC Stage

4/24/14... Case Complete

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/12/2017 at 4:04 AM, merkin&regine said:

PD is March 27, 2017.

Good luck everyone.

Congratulations! That gives us hope.

Can u kindly update your timeline as the last ir5 approval shows in October and that is depressing to see.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.