Ivan Bliminse

B2 Tourist Visa for Indian Passport Holder living in UK

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ivan Bliminse said:

I have just received an email asking me to come back again for an interview. The email reads as follows. 

I am now thoroughly confused.

1. Are there two interviews?
  2. I thought the lady who was in counter 10 was the CO and what we spoke was the actual interview. Is that not the case?

I feel like complete and total idiot. :-(

In London you are called up twice. The first one is preparing your file and making sure you brought anything required. The second time is your interview. You left before your interview. When you go back, take more documentation ....itinerary of places you intend to visit, bank statements showing you have sufficient funds for the trip, proof that you have ties to return to like a job, a lease, etc.

Edited by Wuozopo

24 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

In London you are called up twice. The first one is preparing your file and making sure you brought anything required. The second time is your interview. You left before your interview. When you go back, take more documentation ....itinerary of places you intend to visit, bank statements showing you have sufficient funds for the trip, proof that you have ties to return to like a job, a lease, etc.

@Wuozopo Thanks very much! 

Sure, I already have all of the documents. The document list that I have in addition to my DS160, my passport and ILR card is 

1. 12 months payslips
  2. My income tax statement: P60for year 2016 - 2017 (similar to W2) (and the previous 4 years)
  3. Letter from Employer confirming my employment status
  4. Rental lease agreement 
  5. Bank Statements showing sufficient funds
  6. Letter from myself informing that "I will definitely be back as I have every intention of taking up British Citizenship later this year, i.e., by November 2017". 
Edited by Ivan Bliminse

16 minutes ago, Ivan Bliminse said:

@Wuozopo Thanks very much! 

Sure, I already have all of the documents. The document list that I have in addition to my DS160, my passport and ILR card is 

1. 12 months payslips
  2. My income tax statement: P60for year 2016 - 2017 (similar to W2) (and the previous 4 years)
  3. Letter from Employer confirming my employment status
  4. Rental lease agreement 
  5. Bank Statements showing sufficient funds
  6. Letter from myself informing that "I will definitely be back as I have every intention of taking up British Citizenship later this year, i.e., by November 2017". 

Lol - this is a first :). Even in UAE, you get called twice.  You left before the actual interview.  Hopefully with your profile you should get the visa.

For anyone, who did what I did, here is a handy video on what to expect when applying for a Non - Immigrant Visa interview in London, UK that I found on Youtube. The video is from 2009, but from the looks of it nothing has changed. 

It clearly talks about submitting the documents at one counter, wait and then attend the interview after being called again. Hopefully, someone else doesn't do the same mistake that I did. 

Edited by Ivan Bliminse

• 3 weeks later...

I attended the interview yesterday and I was given a 221-G Administrative Processing form (White Color). The consular officer told me the following while handing back my passport

We need to do some more administrative processing. There is nothing to worry. You do not need to submit any additional documents (and crossed out the document section in the 221 G Administrative Processing Form). We will contact you via email once we have completed the processing and inform you if you need to submit your passport. You can use our courier service to send your passport so that it will remain safe. 
If we decide otherwise, we will inform you the same via email. Thank you. 

So, now the waiting game begins...

• 2 weeks later...

12 days have gone by and still in Administrative Processing. I know that we have to wait for 60 days before asking them for an update, but I do have a couple of queries. 

1. Is it 60 calendar days or 60 working days?
  2. The fact that they haven't asked me to submit any documents, what exactly does the "Administrative Processing" entail? 
  3. I think I know the answer for this, but if they were to reject it with "Detected Immigrant Intent" or "Not enough strong ties to UK", would they have not rejected outright and not gone in for Administrative Processing?

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Ivan Bliminse said:

12 days have gone by and still in Administrative Processing. I know that we have to wait for 60 days before asking them for an update, but I do have a couple of queries. 

1. Is it 60 calendar days or 60 working days?
  2. The fact that they haven't asked me to submit any documents, what exactly does the "Administrative Processing" entail? 
  3. I think I know the answer for this, but if they were to reject it with "Detected Immigrant Intent" or "Not enough strong ties to UK", would they have not rejected outright and not gone in for Administrative Processing?

1. It makes no difference. Their reply will always just be 'still processing, keep waiting'.

2. It means they are doing administrative processing. It could be sat at the bottom of a pile of paperwork waiting to be looked at. It could be at the top of the pile and they are doing additional checks on you.

3. Maybe, maybe not.

There is nothing you can do apart from wait. So forget about it, carry on with life. If you get a positive reply then its a bonus. If not then its no big deal.

• 3 weeks later...

My application is still under Administrative Processing and I have a couple of questions. 

1. I plan on closing a bank account (as I have opened a new bank account). As part of this, I plan to close a bank account that I have been using for 10 years and move the money to the new account. Would doing that have a negative impact (or any impact) on the 221g Administrative Processing?
  2. In the event that 221g gets completed and they ask me to send my passport in, how many days do I have to send the passport in. This is not mentioned in the letter. I might be traveling out of the country for a couple of days. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ivan Bliminse said:

Hello All, 

Now, the status has been changed to Issued from Administrative Processing. 

Does it mean that my visa has been issued? Or I would not know until I collect my passport tomorrow?

Thanks for all your help!

US Visa - Issued.png

Issued means it's printed and in your passport. Have you gotten the email for pickup?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.