Yhsiuc

REF-should I summit copy of 1040 or transcript?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

We received a REF letter to ask us submitting a complete income tax return, but on the letter there's written 1040 in red ink

so I don't know what I should do.  Because on IRS website says that  it takes up to 75 days to get that. and I only have 87 days to submit the letter.

I've read many topics, but I still can't find find the answer.

I am wondering if we can submit transcript ?

or I really need to apply the copy from IRS? and how long does it really take to receive the copy?

time is running out.(27 days left)  and we still haven't got the copy from IRS. 

Has anyone had this experience? could you tell me how did you deal with it? 

Thank you very much. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can submit either one but you have to make sure your income is above the poverty line. Try and check I-864p to know where you stand. You are going to concentrate on your gross income.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Tosyn said:

You can submit either one but you have to make sure your income is above the poverty line. Try and check I-864p to know where you stand. You are going to concentrate on your gross income.

Tosyn,

Thank you for replaying, but the thing is our 2015- 1040 is under poverty line,

Do you think if we submit a copy of 1040 and W2 of 2016  (2016 is above poverty line) will help? 

Edited by Yhsiuc

Timeline
Just now, Yhsiuc said:

Tosyn,

Thank you for replaying, but the thing is our 2015- 1040 is under poverty line,

Do you think if we submit a copy of 1040 and W2 of 2016  (2016 is over poverty line) will help? 

have you file the 2016 and is it above the poverty lines? If not, then you will need a joint sponsor. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tosyn said:

have you file the 2016 and is it above the poverty lines? If not, then you will need a joint sponsor. 

yes, we already filed the 2016 and it's above poverty lines. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yhsiuc said:

yes, we already filed the 2016 and it's above poverty lines. 

Ok, good. Send it in. I think you should be fine. make sure you attach some pay stubs or letter of employment too

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Tosyn said:

Ok, good. Send it in. I think you should be fine. make sure you attach some pay stubs or letter of employment too

Thank you Tosyn. It's been very helpful. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

You can request a transcript online, which is available on the spot. 

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

I've been thinking what isn't it weird if submit 2016-1040 or joint sponsor which they dont ask for? ( they ask for 2015-1040, but my husband's 2015-1040 doesn't meet the poverty line) 

Timeline

I've been thinking what isn't it weird if submit 2016-1040 or joint sponsor which they dont ask for? ( they ask for 2015-1040, but my husband's 2015-1040 doesn't meet the poverty line) 

You can do both.....just to be on the safe side. It's not weird. the tax season is over. You can submit 2016 tax. To be on the safe side, you can also submit a joint sponsor.

Timeline

You can do both.....just to be on the safe side. It's not weird. the tax season is over. You can submit 2016 tax. To be on the safe side, you can also submit a joint sponsor.

Ok! I see. For the safe side, we should just submit both!!  Thank you very much Tosyn 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.