MKUDDIN

221(g) refusal -School birth date is different on the birth certificate from other legal documents

13 posts in this topic

Timeline

My wife from Bangladesh.Her all national ID,Passport,Birth certificate,Marriage certificate are same DOB
Except her school certificate DOB is  different.US Embassy denied her visas and asked her to change her passport and all other document birthrate to school certificate birth date.
and its not possible to change her all document like original birth certificate,Passport,marriage certificate,National ID.What can I do.lease help
Thanks & Regards

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

assuming you are meaning denied for a CR-1 visa? You sure that was the only reason? Sometimes even a small error like that is what they will say is the reason but it really isn't.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

There may be more to that.

If everything else matches the original birth certificate, wouldn't it make more sense to have her school certificate birth date changed?

Also, was it a 221g with considerations? Did they ask her to change the dates and resubmit them? If they didn't ask her to fix the incorrect dates, then there's probably more wrong with the case or the interview then you may know. 

On the 221g form, what does it say the actual reason for denial is. Again if you're saying wife, we'll all assume it's a CR-1/IR-1 visa.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
1 hour ago, MKUDDIN said:

Note : I am US citizen. My wife from Bangladesh.Her all national ID,Passport,Birth certificate,Marriage certificate are same DOB
Except her school certificate DOB is  different.US Embassy denied her visas and asked her to change her passport and all other document birthrate to school certificate birth date.and its not possible to change her all document like original birth certificate,Passport,marriage certificate,National ID.What can I do.lease help
Thanks & Regards

The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the following section(s) of the U.S Immigration and National Act, as amended

Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application,

or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed partitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case.

Section 221(g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required about the visa application, or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petition able relationship. IF YOU FAIL TO TAKE THE ACTION REQUESTED OR FAIL TO PRESENT ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE SUFFICIENT TO OVERCOME YOUR VISA DENIAL UNDER SECTION 221(g) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE REFUSAL DATE, SEGTION^03(g) OF THE ACT REQUIRES THAT YOUR APPLICATION BE CANCELLED.

please register either online (ustravcdocs.com) or by phone ... and there is no additional fee for the delivery

Please supply the more evidence of relationship, specifically updated passport with correct date of birth. photo from husband last visit notarized copy of husband passport page showing all visit. Phone log

Note : I am US citizen.

Edited by MKUDDIN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, MKUDDIN said:

The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the following section(s) of the U.S Immigration and National Act, as amended

Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application,

or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed partitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case.

Section 221(g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required about the visa application, or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petition able relationship. IF YOU FAIL TO TAKE THE ACTION REQUESTED OR FAIL TO PRESENT ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE SUFFICIENT TO OVERCOME YOUR VISA DENIAL UNDER SECTION 221(g) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT WITHIN ONE YEAR OF THE REFUSAL DATE, SEGTION^03(g) OF THE ACT REQUIRES THAT YOUR APPLICATION BE CANCELLED.

please register either online (ustravcdocs.com) or by phone ... and there is no additional fee for the delivery

Please supply the more evidence of relationship, specifically updated passport with correct date of birth. photo from husband last visit notarized copy of husband passport page showing all visit. Phone log

Note : I am US citizen.

You have a year to correct the items listed in the 221g. You have to make an effort to correct them. It's not a denial but it's like a temp denial as they can't issue it, until you correct those things. 

They want more proofs of your relationship.  Specifically the updated passport with correct date, a picture of you the husband visiting on the last visit, notorized copy of  passport stamps  from all visits  and phone logs.  Where are you finding she needs to change all these other certificates?

Sounds like they question if you're a  real couple 

We got a 221g for more proofs also. Once we did hand it in, they had 30 to 60 days to look it over. Day 42 they called and issued it. Cr1 Algeria 

Edited by FarrahIdir

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Timeline

Hello FarrahIdir :

My Wife Family hide her original  DOB from  Her all national ID,Passport,Birth certificate,Marriage certificate .

Her School Certificate is Original DOB . Due to Bangladesh Marriage age limit - her parent hide her DOB in the Marriage.

How can she admit that her parent misleading the DOB in her Marriage  to us embassy  and all her document ? - Please advice

1 hour ago, MKUDDIN said:

Hello FarrahIdir :

My Wife Family hide her original  DOB from  Her all national ID,Passport,Birth certificate,Marriage certificate .

Her School Certificate is Original DOB . Due to Bangladesh Marriage age limit - her parent hide her DOB in the Marriage.

How can she admit that her parent misleading the DOB in her Marriage  to us embassy  and all her document ? - Please advice

Well she lied about her age (when signing the ds260), and the USemb caught her lie.  That's material misrep. 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: Timeline
22 hours ago, MKUDDIN said:

Hello FarrahIdir :

Well, here is your problem.  You, her, and her family lied so an underage girl could illegally marry.  This created the conflict of different birthdates.  Fix the problem that you created and she may get a visa.  The US is not going to give her a visa with documents where you lied to hide that she was underage when you married.

Admitting that she and you lied about her age will not make it okay with the US Embassy.  You would be admitting to an illegal marriage to an underage girl.  She would be admitting that she has been lying on all her documents.  Do you think that is easily forgotten or forgiven with all the marriage fraud out there?  What you did is just another form of marriage and visa fraud by lying about her age.

The US Embassy had told you what to do to fix the problems.  They may not know everything.  The US Embassy has told you what they want.  Your job is to comply if you want the visa.  If you don't do what they want, then they will not issue a visa.

Edited by Jojo92122

Timeline
On 4/25/2017 at 2:14 PM, Jojo92122 said:

Well, here is your problem.  You, her, and her family lied so an underage girl could illegally marry.  This created the conflict of different birthdates.  Fix the problem that you created and she may get a visa.  The US is not going to give her a visa with documents where you lied to hide that she was underage when you married.

Admitting that she and you lied about her age will not make it okay with the US Embassy.  You would be admitting to an illegal marriage to an underage girl.  She would be admitting that she has been lying on all her documents.  Do you think that is easily forgotten or forgiven with all the marriage fraud out there?  What you did is just another form of marriage and visa fraud by lying about her age.

The US Embassy had told you what to do to fix the problems.  They may not know everything.  The US Embassy has told you what they want.  Your job is to comply if you want the visa.  If you don't do what they want, then they will not issue a visa.

I really appreciate your support - Don't know what next ..

I agree with everyone else that you should seek a very good lawyer fast. 

Might as well forget about immigration for her as of now so you can try to understand the ramifications of this.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Yeah this could cause her to never come to the US.

Do you know why her parents changed her DOB? Was it to marry you? Did you have any idea of this BEFORE you married her? 

Either way, you'll need a lawyer 100000%, this is no longer do it yourself and you may want to protect your self from looking like a child predator depending on how old she ACTUALLY is.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.