Akuaduk2

Passport pick up

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiancee went for the interview and was approved, checked the status of the visa and it states issued, i called to check if we could pick it up from DHL only to be told it shows he did not show up for the interview, has anyone experienced this kind of situation before? Am really worried

Timeline

My fiance had her interview Jan 23rd and was approved. Visa status changed to issued on Feb 6th and DHL agent says she has to keep coming in their office to check if its there. They wont tell me on phone whether its there or not.

Timeline

I meant i called the embassy and they told me he was a no show for the interview which is not true, he went and was approved and the took his passport and gave him a blue slip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, Akuaduk2 said:

I meant i called the embassy and they told me he was a no show for the interview which is not true, he went and was approved and the took his passport and gave him a blue slip

The blue slip is an evidence of her being at the embassy for her interview . Nothing to worry about . She should just check in at the DHL office to check on it since the status still says issued .. 

• 2 years later...
Timeline
On 2/8/2017 at 4:23 AM, LoveislikeEgg said:

The blue slip is an evidence of her being at the embassy for her interview . Nothing to worry about . She should just check in at the DHL office to check on it since the status still says issued .. 

Hi. I attended the interview in Ghana at the US embassy for Fiancé Visa on March 14th 2019 and I was approved. The CO asked that I pick up my passport in two weeks. I went to DHL and March 28th 2019 and was told it hadn't been brought to them yet. So I contacted the embassy immediately and the lady who spoke to me asked that I check my status on the ceac.state.gov website so I did and it said "ISSUED". From that day till date, it still says issued but I haven't received a notification to do my pickup. I'm worried and I dunno what to do. Can someone please gimme some assistance. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, GeorgeBrock said:

Hi. I attended the interview in Ghana at the US embassy for Fiancé Visa on March 14th 2019 and I was approved. The CO asked that I pick up my passport in two weeks. I went to DHL and March 28th 2019 and was told it hadn't been brought to them yet. So I contacted the embassy immediately and the lady who spoke to me asked that I check my status on the ceac.state.gov website so I did and it said "ISSUED". From that day till date, it still says issued but I haven't received a notification to do my pickup. I'm worried and I dunno what to do. Can someone please gimme some assistance. 

Go back to DHL office . Sometimes it takes a little time to get there. No one is going to call your phone if it get to DHL so the best thing to do it go back there and check it . 

Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 1:44 PM, GeorgeBrock said:

Hi George,I’m in the same ship

Any update on passport pick up?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mz__D said:

Hi George,I’m in the same ship

Any update on passport pick up?

I received an email on Wednesday so I picked up on Friday. Apparently they send them to the embassy in batches. They send them according to the last update date. Before I was contacted I hear the batch they had was last updated March 22nd. Mine was last updated March 26th so that was part of the new batch they received on Wednesday evening. 

Hopefully yours comes with the next batch. It is well 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, GeorgeBrock said:

I received an email on Wednesday so I picked up on Friday. Apparently they send them to the embassy in batches. They send them according to the last update date. Before I was contacted I hear the batch they had was last updated March 22nd. Mine was last updated March 26th so that was part of the new batch they received on Wednesday evening. 

Hopefully yours comes with the next batch. It is well 

Thanks so much for your help

So in all how long would you say the waiting lasted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.