ketanadkar

Final J1 waiver from USCIS

123 posts in this topic

Hi All

I got my J1 waiver approved finally after a long wait. I got in touch with my senator to follow up with DOS & USCIS . He got in touch with Dos & then contacted USCIS & helped to find my case with USCIS.

So I would recommend  you guys who are facing issues to locate the case with USCIS after DOS approval , to get in touch with your senator & have him inquire on your behalf with DOS & USCIS.

Hi all,

finally after 8 months of stress my case was approved! Apparently a phone call from the local congressman worked and I got approval the day after!

I definitely suggest people to contact the local congressman because he/she can directly contact the USCIS office that is processing your case and help in getting the approval sooner!

Best of luck to everyone!

On 4/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, ketanadkar said:

Hi All

I got my J1 waiver approved finally after a long wait. I got in touch with my senator to follow up with DOS & USCIS . He got in touch with Dos & then contacted USCIS & helped to find my case with USCIS.

So I would recommend  you guys who are facing issues to locate the case with USCIS after DOS approval , to get in touch with your senator & have him inquire on your behalf with DOS & USCIS.

Just now, KoiC said:

Hi there, could you please share with us how did you get in touch with your senator  to ask for his/her help contacting the USCIS? I have the same time line as yours at which DOS sent out the recommendation letter to USCIS on Dec 20, 2016

8 hours ago, KoiC said:

Hi there, could you please share with us how did you get in touch with your senator  to ask for his/her help contacting the USCIS? I have the same time line as yours at which DOS sent out the recommendation letter to USCIS on Dec 20, 2016

I contacted the congressman by this website:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

I had to send a couple of messages but after 2 weeks I got an email directly from the congressman and his office. They gave me a form to sign to release the info from USCIS. Then they called USCIS Vermont and two days after my case was approved!

Good luck!

Edited by ScarletNIW

19 hours ago, hkeskin said:

Hi,

My no objection statement was received on March 2nd. I now that it will take to get (hopefully) favorable recommendation up to 8 to 10 weeks. My question is Can I apply green card with DOS recommendation?   

Thanks

My attorney suggested me to wait for the AOS because in the i485 you would need to answer "yes" to the question on the 2yr, so you will get RFE and if you did not receive yet the waiver  your AOS may be denied. The waiver is unpredictable: some people get it after one week from the receipt notice and others have to wait up to a year. Too risky to file i485 without the waiver but you can do that based on what uscis states here:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-19459/0-0-0-19728.html

Best

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 7:56 AM, ScarletNIW said:

I contacted the congressman by this website:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

I had to send a couple of messages but after 2 weeks I got an email directly from the congressman and his office. They gave me a form to sign to release the info from USCIS. Then they called USCIS Vermont and two days after my case was approved!

Good luck!

Thank you so much, I just sent my state senator a request for his assistance on my case today, hope to hear some good news soon.

On 2/6/2017 at 5:52 PM, ketanadkar said:

Hi All

I am writing here so that I can get some help in following up with USCIS for my J1 waiver. I have received favorable recommendation from DOS on 12/20/2016 however havent heard anything from USCIS yet. I havent received the receipt for the J1 waiver from USCIS yet. The worrying part is that when I call USCIS customer care number they tell me they dont know anything about DOS & the only form they understand is form I612 however my J1 waiver is based on no objection & I dont need to file for i612 , I also asked them to help search my receipt number however the response I get is my information is not yet in their system.

SO I am really getting concerned now as its been more than a month DOS has send a favorable recommendation to USCIS & till now there is no entry in USCIS system. So is there anyone sailing in the same boat ? are there people waiting for USCIS reply for getting their final J1 waiver & if yes how do we follow up with USCIS to find my J1 waiver application & if possible expedite the process.

Have you heard anything back yet? I'm in the same boat ..my favorable letter sent out Dec21, 2016 haven't receive notice of action just yet ! Been 4months.. how did you contact them? I called many times seem like they all get confused because the case number is from state of department they can only look up for your name and nothing in the system

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys! It’s been a while, I hope you all received the final approval. 

Im here to share my timeline and any thoughts when I can receive my uscis final approval? 

Sep.11 Apply NOL from China 

Dec.8.  NOL sent to DOS 

Dec.28 DOS sent FR 

Jan.8. Received I-797C from USCIS 

waiting now now for my final approval, any similar timelines? 

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, greenvis_112 said:

Hi guys! It’s been a while, I hope you all received the final approval. 

Im here to share my timeline and any thoughts when I can receive my uscis final approval? 

Sep.11 Apply NOL from China 

Dec.8.  NOL sent to DOS 

Dec.28 DOS sent FR 

Jan.8. Received I-797C from USCIS 

waiting now now for my final approval, any similar timelines? 

Thanks! 

I got my USCIS waiver very soon after the NOA1 (like a few days). Others got it a few weeks after, maybe a month. With the I-797C you get a number and you can use that number to check the status of your case on the USCIS website. The website will get updated faster. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.