Jump to content
Asad_Brummi

F3 petition advice needed

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello All from a new member.

 

I've been reading different forums and very confused about F3 processing time.

According to some exprienced members, some say your visa will be avaliable in 2021 - 2022 and some say

2025 - 2026.

 

My US citizen father filed petition for me (F3 married son) in 11th Oct 2011. On 8th June 2015 we received approval letter from

USCIS (California Service Center) stating that my case has been sent to NVC.

My country of chargeability is Pakistan. (I believe it's because I was born in Pakistan and my father was a Pakistani citizen).

I'm a UK citizen live permanently in U.K.

 

Any help and adviced is appreciated.

 

Thanks all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google "Visa Bulletin."

 

You can not get an exact time.  You can only guess when a visa will become available to you based on the people who are currently getting their visas.  Their wait time is your only way of guessing when you may be eligible for a visa.  People are currently waiting 13 years.  Your wait may be shorter or longer.  No one can tell you exactly when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

Google "Visa Bulletin."

 

You can not get an exact time.  You can only guess when a visa will become available to you based on the people who are currently getting their visas.  Their wait time is your only way of guessing when you may be eligible for a visa.  People are currently waiting 13 years.  Your wait may be shorter or longer.  No one can tell you exactly when.

Just checked Visa Bulletin.

It's on 22nd march 2005 so I believe according to my PD date oct 11 2011 I should be looking somewhere 2023.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

in 12 or 13 years

 

currently if you look at next months bulletin, for your country F3 is in 1995, to 2006 you have a long ways to go, so in all, over 20 years of waiting, minus the years you have already waited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zey Ty said:

need help, PD sept 2006, from f1 converse it to f3..do i retained my PD, when do u think my visa will be current again.Im in the Philippines

 

Yes, your PD is the same, only waiting time is different for F1 and F3. You'll have to wait another 12 years to get a visa. If you had not been married, you already have received a visa by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lain said:

Yes, your PD is the same, only waiting time is different for F1 and F3. You'll have to wait another 12 years to get a visa. If you had not been married, you already have received a visa by now.

I have a daughter who is 10 now..will this be a problem.? true, just received my visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zey Ty said:

I have a daughter who is 10 now..will this be a problem.? true, just received my visa.

Daughter is not a problem, but the husband is. When you received a visa, you had to remain unmarried, to enter US, receive a GC and only then to marry and apply for your husband, what would have taken 2 years. I'm afraid, that your F1 visa can be revoked now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lain said:

Daughter is not a problem, but the husband is. When you received a visa, you had to remain unmarried, to enter US, receive a GC and only then to marry and apply for your husband, what would have taken 2 years. I'm afraid, that your F1 visa can be revoked now.

no my mom is a US citizen.I think that helps a lot.It can only be revoked I think if my mom is an LPR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zey Ty said:

no my mom is a US citizen.I think that helps a lot.It can only be revoked I think if my mom is an LPR.

No, it can be revoked if they'll find out, that you received F1 visa when you were married. Btw, have you been informed by the consul during interview, that you have to remain unmarried till you'll receive your GC in hand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×