8 posts in this topic

I recently got a letter from a NY office telling me that:

“You submitted an I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in support of your I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status. As of June 1, 2014, USCIS has limited the validity period or all Forms I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, to one year from the date of Submission to USCIS. Basic on these new regulations, your I-693 Medical Examination has expired.”

Issue is, I entered as K1 and so I never submitted I-693, I did the DS3025

I called USCIS and they told me that it is in NY and I must write them a letter to the NY address, which I did. Then I got an email saying:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning your I485 application. Below is a summary of what we have found and how the issue has been resolved or additional actions required.

What We Have Done

USCIS has reviewed your Service Request. According to USCIS records, you have not responded to the Request for Evidence (RFE) that was mailed to the address currently on file.

What You Can Do

Please follow the instructions in the notice carefully, as failure to comply may result in adjudication of your application based on the available information.

USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration applications in a timely manner, efficiently and in the order received. We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Now the big issue. I called USCIS AGAIN after getting the email and they told me there were no RFE's on file! This is the second time USCIS has had conflicting stories for my case (read the bottom of my signature). 

I asked to speak to teir two but she said she would have to set me up for a call back, that was Tuesday and I have not yet gotten the call

What can I even do???

I would comply to the RFE, even though they are in the wrong.
You can choose to fight it out and risk getting denied or just give them what they want even though your adjudicator

is interpreting the regulations wrong.

Perhaps you can email the director of your service center or take it up with a senator to make them realize you as a K1 entry

are not required to have a I-693 if you are sure all your vaccs were marked complete on the DS3025 and if you submitted AOS

within one year of your medical expiration.

Looks like the AOS was only 2 months after the visa was issued and according to the OPs notes on their timeline, (thank you for filling that out) the medical was close to interview date on 05/03/2016

My only guesses can be missing vaccinations or incompetent adjudicator.  Keep calling for a tier 2 imo. You can respond to the RFE but i do understand you shouldnt have gotten one. If you cant get this fixed soonish, don't be late with the rfe response. 

I'm going to try calling tomorrow (for some reason I feel like I read somewhere that they are open on the weekends) Otherwise, I got my EAD and I am working now so it is very difficult to get away from my desk long enough to call. 

Does anybody know if there is an email address to submit inquiries to? And if there is, is it even helpful?

3 hours ago, JessDak said:

I recently got a letter from a NY office telling me that:

“You submitted an I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in support of your I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status. As of June 1, 2014, USCIS has limited the validity period or all Forms I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, to one year from the date of Submission to USCIS. Basic on these new regulations, your I-693 Medical Examination has expired.”

Issue is, I entered as K1 and so I never submitted I-693, I did the DS3025

I called USCIS and they told me that it is in NY and I must write them a letter to the NY address, which I did. Then I got an email saying:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning your I485 application. Below is a summary of what we have found and how the issue has been resolved or additional actions required.

What We Have Done

USCIS has reviewed your Service Request. According to USCIS records, you have not responded to the Request for Evidence (RFE) that was mailed to the address currently on file.

What You Can Do

Please follow the instructions in the notice carefully, as failure to comply may result in adjudication of your application based on the available information.

USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration applications in a timely manner, efficiently and in the order received. We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Now the big issue. I called USCIS AGAIN after getting the email and they told me there were no RFE's on file! This is the second time USCIS has had conflicting stories for my case (read the bottom of my signature). 

I asked to speak to teir two but she said she would have to set me up for a call back, that was Tuesday and I have not yet gotten the call

What can I even do???

If you do wish to still reply to the rfe here is an option for you on how to respond if you are a little bit "brave". I read this thread and another one (can't find it now) that were both successful in this. Just offering the information as an option.

Just to update everybody incase people look up this post for advice in the future.

After all this I called USCIS and a teir 2 submitted another service request for me on 1/6/17
She told me that I should receive a response by 1/21/17
on 1/19/17 I received an email from the NY office saying basically that they apologize that my case is outside of processing time and that I should receive something in the next 60 days (no mention of any RFE or medical)
Now today 1/21/17 my case status updated to 'card has been ordered for production'

Still unsure if this is a mistake since
1) its a Saturday and
2) it seems to be a strange series of events ("you have an RFE"    "no you dont"    "yes you do, respond asap"    "JK theres no RFE, we'll get back to you in 2 months"      "JK here's your card 2 days later!")

Edited by JessDak
formatting

1 hour ago, JessDak said:

Just to update everybody incase people look up this post for advice in the future.

After all this I called USCIS and a teir 2 submitted another service request for me on 1/6/17
She told me that I should receive a response by 1/21/17
on 1/19/17 I received an email from the NY office saying basically that they apologize that my case is outside of processing time and that I should receive something in the next 60 days (no mention of any RFE or medical)
Now today 1/21/17 my case status updated to 'card has been ordered for production'

Still unsure if this is a mistake since
1) its a Saturday and
2) it seems to be a strange series of events ("you have an RFE"    "no you dont"    "yes you do, respond asap"    "JK theres no RFE, we'll get back to you in 2 months"      "JK here's your card 2 days later!")

Congratulations :) Looks like they realized they made a mistake. Statuses frequently update on Saturdays, it's nothing out of the ordinary. Good to know that there is possibly a "quicker" way to solve this specific faulty rfe's that quite a few still get. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.