D and L

Interview Questions

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.  Merry Belated Christmas and wishing everyone an early happy NEW YEAR!!!!  May it bring us all luck of uniting with all of our love ones!!!

I'm preparing to file for K1 with my fiance and I would like to prepare for as much and as early as I can.  I wanted to know what kind of questions being asked in the interview for everyone in here.  I understand that it's different for everyone but I wanted to have an idea so I can discuss it with my fiance.  Most will probably agree that everyone will be a nervous wreck during the interview process but the more we know, the more that it'll help us.

Please share your experiences.  Personal questions, intimate questions, social questions, family of each others' questions, so on and so on.  Please help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

No two interviews are really the same. Your best bet is to go to the Vietnam forum, and read the reviews from others interviews at that embassy. My husband was asked basic questions about me, but the guy interviewing asked him "How Lauren is". My husband doesn't know a Lauren, has never met a Lauren. The CO was just trying to throw him off. Just focus on having everything they ask for. Give them no reason to hand you a 221g. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agreed with above. Every case is unique and the information provided by each couple is totally different.

Go into your country forum and also check the Embassy reviews. a lot of people list questions given there,

In ours, was pretty simple. CO asked my partner "Where I(the USC) was living when we met... where I live now(moved couple times)."

They will review the I-129F packet and other information before the interview briefly and can ask questions about any of the information you yourself provided to them to use. So just be fully aware of the information submitted. The CO in ours actually asked a question regarding the original chat screen shots we had submitted in the I-129F.. so the CO's do in fact sometimes even read your chats you gave. So again just be prepared.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.