dmh59

NOIR RFE Review Timeframe

259 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes extremely hard being a part and waiting. We keep thinking we will hear something soon and he'll b here. Or r we just kidding ourselves?... we were told 60-90 days for an answer to the noir so then we thought he could possibly b here for Christmas now we say we shud hear something regarding the noir by then and he'll b here first part of next year but one never knows.

Jenilyn what part of Ghana?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Here's an interesting tidbit. I notice on the status update when I checked that USCIS had "changed the name on my I-130 file as of yesterday. Now, I did not send anything in to do this "change" so I called them thinking they made a mistake somehow. I was sent to "level 2" when I called USCIS and they stated to me that when your file is being actively worked on, they make a new folder - thus the "name change". He said they gets lots of calls about this and I said I'll bet u do it's confusing. So good news is - our case is being actively worked on - they still can't give us a time frame but I'm hopeful it will be before years end. Praying praying praying for good news.

Timeline

Where did they change the name? I don't quite understand. Hope you here something soon.

When you look at the status of your case online it will show "Name Updated as of such and such a date". When I saw that I'm wondering who and why did they update the name as I never sent anything to be updated. So i called them and they said when your case is being "actively worked on" they make a new file for you and "update it" thus the new status of "Name Updated...". Hope this helps...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I never saw that happen with ours but had another odd thing happen. I usually keep a check on the CEAC website as well as the USCIS one. This morning I almost had a heart attack since the CEAC website said that our petition had expired and that it had been canceled since I did not give them what they needed in the past year and that our file had been destroyed. It said if i wanted to submit a new one to contact USCIS. Since I just sent the NOIR and USCIS received it on Sept 19th I went a bit nuts. Called USCIS and talked to a supervisor. After a long time waiting he came back saying that our petition had actually been reaffirmed and he had no idea why that would say that. But the USCIS had not been updated. He said to call NVC immediatly. I did that and talked to a supervisor there too. He said not to worry about the website, but that they had not received the case and to talk again to USCIS to find out when it was sent. Again talked to USCIS and found out it was reaffirmed on Oct 12 but she didn't know when or how it was sent. She had to talk to the Cali office to find out but not to worry since it had been reaffirmed. We have been dealing with all of this craziness since June 2013. Sure hope its almost over now and hubby can finally come home. Good luck, hope you here something soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings to everyone...... I want to encourage ya all who are still waiting for USCIS on NOIR to hold onto ur faith and trust in God Almighty. Don't ever give up. Reaffirming of all ya cases is on its way. One thing I understand with USCIS is that cases are different. My wife received our NOIR on September 13 and we sent out our rebuttal on on September 30th and uscis received it on October 4th on October 24th our case was reaffirmed and returned to DOS. We re now waiting for NVC to return it to the embassy... I know a lot of people who be been waiting for some months now I bring u good news soon you will hear a good news from USCIS... Thank God for Skype at list we see each other everyday it helps a lot on this long waiting game.... 18months from when uscis got our case from the embassy to when it was reaffirmed. is been a long journey.... Cheers...

Debbie Dear, am owning u a lot thanks for ya support.....

Timeline

Good day to all of on here..... Reaffirmed cases..... Do you have to refill the form DS-260? Finally i got my appointment date but the instruction says fill out for DS- 260... I try to do so on ceac website but can't find where to start that ... Is any one here ever had this experience ???

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Where you go check your status there's a place on there right below the one choice ypugo to check status that says ds260 you might be able to go there and fill it out again but I am not sure.

Timeline

Where you go check your status there's a place on there right below the one choice ypugo to check status that says ds260 you might be able to go there and fill it out again but I am not sure.

Thank you very much, i have been able to fix the problem...

Timeline

So as you know as of Nov. 1st our case was being actively reviewed. Today we received an updated status saying they are sending us another Notice to Revoke - this will be the 2nd one. Do any of you know if this is a common practice to send two notices. I'm thinking may they have some questions regarding something of the 1700 pages of proof I sent in. Any thoughts? Needless to say, I'm beyond depressed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Sorry your going thru this, we received a noir, i130 non bona-fide marriage, uscis received our rebuttal on June 17, yesterday I got updated, revocation notice sent, I called uscis they said it's not a denial lol it could be they need something to just follow instructions in the letter when I receive it, revocation last time I looked is a denial lol, so I know your pain, I can't answer your question but I do know the runaround we get, sorry

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

So as you know as of Nov. 1st our case was being actively reviewed. Today we received an updated status saying they are sending us another Notice to Revoke - this will be the 2nd one. Do any of you know if this is a common practice to send two notices. I'm thinking may they have some questions regarding something of the 1700 pages of proof I sent in. Any thoughts? Needless to say, I'm beyond depressed.

Sounds like they probably feel all points of the consular findings weren't addressed.

Did you write a letter of explanation and a cover letter and sort everything in categories so they will not have to hunt

for what they requested in 1700 pages ? Without knowing what the NOID contained and what you send it is hard to

say. On the positive side, it gives you yet another chance to get it right versus an outright petition denial.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.