Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, how's it going. We're still in AP after 5 weeks still no update for us. We were told to wait a month. I emailed the embassy but they never replied. I'm hoping inshallah we all get issued soon. This wait is frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The trick is just out of desperation brother, but it does not matter.

Did they call you to renew your medical yet?

Not really,I hope they call me soon in sha Allah.

Timeline

Hey everyone, how's it going. We're still in AP after 5 weeks still no update for us. We were told to wait a month. I emailed the embassy but they never replied. I'm hoping inshallah we all get issued soon. This wait is frustrating.

I'm not doing good but Alhamdulilah (thanks God) for everything,I'm under AP less than a week and I will complete 6 months,I know they are doing them job and I'm sure they are helping couples to be together but it was a very long way 2+ years in this process,I miss my boys and my wife,in sha Allah (God willing) I trust in Allah (God) that I will hear a good news from them soon.

So sis I was told two months to make a decision and now six months and still under AP.

Be patient sis and wish for all of us the best.

Timeline

I know guys we are all going through hard time with depression and frustration for not being with your partner and be under AP without know what is going on? but have some hope because at the embassy they are doing them job and they will help us as much as they can when they finish this step and I really appreciate that US embassy in Cairo responding for almost every email and thank you guys for your kind words and help you put here.

I really appreciate you all in that thread as a brothers and sisters and I wish for all of us the best and get issued soon in sha Allah (God willing).

And for the others are get issued where are you guys? Are you forget about us? We need you here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know guys we are all going through hard time with depression and frustration for not being with your partner and be under AP without know what is going on? but have some hope because at the embassy they are doing them job and they will help us as much as they can when they finish this step and I really appreciate that US embassy in Cairo responding for almost every email and thank you guys for your kind words and help you put here.

I really appreciate you all in that thread as a brothers and sisters and I wish for all of us the best and get issued soon in sha Allah (God willing).

And for the others are get issued where are you guys? Are you forget about us? We need you here.

I'm very scared brother. I want to tell if we should contact a congressman or senetor to enquire about our cases? Some consulates do huge mistakes and Mistreat some cases or even forget them. I know people who were in AP for a year and their passport was at the consulate since the interview, ended up receiving a call to pick it up and case sent back to USA..

I think we should act fast, to prevent disaster. At least we will have a genuine answer. Brother the consulate here does not even answer our emails! Please let me know what you think.

Hey guys still no update ! @Davvy I was wondering the same thing.... I think I'm going to wait 30 more days since the last time I emailed them they told me it would be a 90 day wait from the last time I dropped off the documents and passport... It's been only 60 days... So at the 90 days mark I will contact my congressman or senator.... By then it'll be 7 months since the interview... This is so frustrating and so I encourage every one to do what's best, anything that can help your case should be done. You simply have nothing to loose.

Timeline

Hey guys still no update ! @Davvy I was wondering the same thing.... I think I'm going to wait 30 more days since the last time I emailed them they told me it would be a 90 day wait from the last time I dropped off the documents and passport... It's been only 60 days... So at the 90 days mark I will contact my congressman or senator.... By then it'll be 7 months since the interview... This is so frustrating and so I encourage every one to do what's best, anything that can help your case should be done. You simply have nothing to loose.

Yes you are right, I can't stand being 5 month and 1 week under AP and I only have 2 date changes since the interview. Nobody is touching my file at all. We have to do something.

Please let me know how to contact the congressman, because my fiancé is shy and does not want to do it.

PS: Consulate does not respond to our emails, we only receive the automated computer generated email which has " due to the high volume of emails we revive bla bla bla we encourage you to check the links bla bla bla ". Usually we used to revived this automated email but then and actual human being answers us hours later. But since 2 months now all we receive is automated email, no answer, no contact, no phone call.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Edited by Davy981

Timeline

I'm very scared brother. I want to tell if we should contact a congressman or senetor to enquire about our cases? Some consulates do huge mistakes and Mistreat some cases or even forget them. I know people who were in AP for a year and their passport was at the consulate since the interview, ended up receiving a call to pick it up and case sent back to USA..

I think we should act fast, to prevent disaster. At least we will have a genuine answer. Brother the consulate here does not even answer our emails! Please let me know what you think.

I really don't know because i'm not working there, i'm only following them instructions and In sha Allah, don't bother yourself bro keep calm and in sha Allah everything will be fine.

wish for all of us the best and I wish we all get issued soon.

Timeline

Why nothing Happens? Its been near 3 month since I am in AP and No update at all :sleepy:

Same for me and Hallalbrother, 5 months for me and almost 7 for Hallalbrother.

No updates or date change for me, my last date change 20th July.

Timeline

Same for me and Hallalbrother, 5 months for me and almost 7 for Hallalbrother.

No updates or date change for me, my last date change 20th July.

It's very quite here and in a couple of days I will complete 6 months.

Be patient guys that what we can do.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

yeah so quite.... nothing happens to none of us yet.... those who got their visa are gone and we still stuck in AP......

@Ahmed the Abu dhabi embassy website mentioned that only 1% of people under AP will wait 6 month, 99% of the AP people get their visa before 6 month.... I hope you are with those 99% of people and get your visa soon...

here, Amkhan once wrote that to me, you can see this in below: (it was in Q&A)

10- My case is in administrative processing, when will it be posted on your website?

If your case is pending administrative processing, please be assured that we are working on each visa case. Please check the Embassy web site for your case number at http://abudhabi.usem...rant_visas.html and click the Check Visa Status link. The site will provide updates on the status of your case and instruct you on any next actions. Please be advised that in less than 1% of cases administrative processing may take more than six months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.