Giusseppe

Missed a DV 2016 appointment at Nairobi, how to get rescheduled?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

My Brother missed a 2016 DV interview appointment in May due to extended medical examination. IOM called the embassy and cancelled his appointment because they required further TB screening. After two months they cleared him and sent information to the Nairobi consulate. Unfortunately the consulate is giving him a run around and he is unable to get rescheduled. They refer him to US Department of State Visa appointment service which in turn ask him to check on line for rescheduling. All days seem to be unavailable till after 30th September and beyond. He tried calling the consulate and emailing several times and the customer representative tells him same thing that consulate do not schedule interviews.

Please help and advise how can he get an appointment from these people before 30th September. Has anybody been in the same situation? how did you go about it ? DESPERATE and days are running out! PLEASE HELP

First, you mean DV2015 not DV2016 ( confusing thread title as DV2016 interviews only start in October).

I'm sorry to hear how frustrating this is. At this point he is entirely dependent on the Nairobi consulate rescheduling for him and I can't understand why they are giving him the runaround like this. I presume he has been very clear to them that he is a diversity visa applicant who was current in May, and therefore time sensitive? The only other thing I can think of is calling KCC but I am almost certain they will say that his file is with the consulate and it is up to them to reschedule.

For anyone else reading this, *do not* allow your medical provider to cancel your appointment. Rather go and get placed on AP while awaiting any further tests/treatment etc. In some embassies it is notoriously difficult to get another appointment if you miss your original one, and from the description above it seems like Nairobi is one of those.

Filed: Other Timeline

First, you mean DV2015 not DV2016 ( confusing thread title as DV2016 interviews only start in October).

I'm sorry to hear how frustrating this is. At this point he is entirely dependent on the Nairobi consulate rescheduling for him and I can't understand why they are giving him the runaround like this. I presume he has been very clear to them that he is a diversity visa applicant who was current in May, and therefore time sensitive? The only other thing I can think of is calling KCC but I am almost certain they will say that his file is with the consulate and it is up to them to reschedule.

For anyone else reading this, *do not* allow your medical provider to cancel your appointment. Rather go and get placed on AP while awaiting any further tests/treatment etc. In some embassies it is notoriously difficult to get another appointment if you miss your original one, and from the description above it seems like Nairobi is one of those.

Thank you very much. I neither understand why they do this. One reason is that these customer representatives are doing things on auto pilot and use computer generated responses both in emails and on phone and they will not let you speak to a consular officer. And they do not give thought to what you explain on phone or in email. They just listen to one thing “rescheduling appointment” and their mind goes on auto generated responses refusing to hear anything else one explains .I tried to explain the unique nature of his case and she annoyingly responded that all cases are special and unique and treated the same, and still referred me to the scheduling contractor website. And one of them went ahead to ask me if there is anything else she can help me with. I mean you have not helped me at all what other assistance do you want me to ask?

What is AP by the way? Sounds like some good procedure to know and how do you go about it?

I will try contacting KCC but as you said I think they will tell me the case is in Nairobi’s hands. But it is better to try than failing to try. Thanks again

AP is administrative processing. You don't choose it - if you have interviewed but they don't have all they need to approve a visa yet (but everything otherwise looks in order) they place you on this. So someone who interviews with everything except a medical certificate (or whatever missing doc) will get placed on AP and when the applicant supplies the missing information they can then get approved and get a visa.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi, I'm also facing the same problem. I went to the embassy to inquire abt rescheduling of appt and was given an address(IVDV)to email to. I emailed severally and they replied one of them that, they do not reschedule DV appts. However, if I want to be placed on their "waiting list" I must reply to them with my request. I did and even sent a letter there aside the email. Yet, no response even though my case expires on 30 Sep.

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I'm also facing the same problem. I went to the embassy to inquire abt rescheduling of appt and was given an address(IVDV)to email to. I emailed severally and they replied one of them that, they do not reschedule DV appts. However, if I want to be placed on their "waiting list" I must reply to them with my request. I did and even sent a letter there aside the email. Yet, no response even though my case expires on 30 Sep.

Problem is, everyone awaiting an interview for DV 2015 has a case that expires 30 Sep. So, the Embassy has liekly booked all available appointments to give as many people a chance as possible, That means you need to wait for a cancellation and/or deny another applicant so they have a visa number available. Good luck to all -- this is always the worst/most tense month for DV applicants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.