nyokie

I NEED HELP PLEASE

30 posts in this topic

Paying a lawyer does have minor advantages. I guess it also depends on how good your research for a good one is, and if you want to pay the extra fees. You can do it yourself too, here there is a very extensive guide you can consult at anytime, and if you apply yourself you can move a little faster by avoiding RFE's. But even paying a lawyer will not guarantee you will have your visa in 6 months or less, no matter what they say.(I've seen some cases, but they're not that common and it also depends on which country the beneficiary is from) If you decide to look for one to hire be careful if they promise you less than a year of waiting time, most of them use this as a bait.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

So your hubby wasted 1 entire year just to file simple form to petition you and now you want your visa right away.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Paying a lawyer does have minor advantages. I guess it also depends on how good your research for a good one is, and if you want to pay the extra fees. You can do it yourself too, here there is a very extensive guide you can consult at anytime, and if you apply yourself you can move a little faster by avoiding RFE's. But even paying a lawyer will not guarantee you will have your visa in 6 months or less, no matter what they say.(I've seen some cases, but they're not that common and it also depends on which country the beneficiary is from) If you decide to look for one to hire be careful if they promise you less than a year of waiting time, most of them use this as a bait.

I understand thanks for sharing.

Timeline

So your hubby wasted 1 entire year just to file simple form to petition you and now you want your visa right away.

How about this we thought when we file the paperwork we thought we have to file and pay for everything one time. We never know some other information we was not sure who to talk with or anything in fact he never know we have to do all this until I told him about it.

We have some people that never heard of filing paperwork to become a us citizens.

That is why its good to ask questions.

Have hubby file I 130 spousal petition

with marriage and birth certs. if your

husband is USC register the baby's

birth at consulate with proof dad is USC

ot will take approx. 12-16 mths to be with

hubby, bar any probs arising.

An atty may be a good idea to file the

papers for you

Thank you for sharing I appreciate it

Timeline

1. all forms are same. designation differs based on length of marriage, computed either from day 1 to interview day, or day 1 till port of entry day.

2. Please realize, you just got an account on a 'do-it-yourself' web portal focusing on immigration into the u.s.a. We've an extensive Guides Section here, vetted and current. Mostly, lawyers are highly-paid form-fillers, unless you have something exceptionally untoward that requires a lawyer writing up particular addendums to your casefile, citing INA, 9FAM and caselaw specifying WHY the I-130 must be approved, WHY the CR-1 must be granted.

HTH !

ok. length of marriage not matter when chasing a K-3.

I understand thank you for explaining everything I appreciate it.

Timeline

what you've just described in an adjustment of status from a Tourist Visa, a B1/B2.

If one holds a K-3, it is a multiple entry visa, can leave usa same day, return often, for up to 2 years.

if one holds a CR-1, the visa foil morphs into a temporary green card at the port of entry, a clerk puts a stamp there, now is a temporary green card for 1 year usage, and can turn around same day, leave usa.

so, I ask you, whoever told you stuff, prior? You should get a 2 meter-length stick of heavy bamboo, beat those persons until bloodspray occurs. They've given you really bad advice.

When you say the visa B1 and B2 I was not meaning that one. But I know what you talking.

That where I gone wrong by talking about a visa, I should have said us citizens, i was told when you apply for that they also give a visa while the paperwork is being process. Am I right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

The CR-1 visa is permission to enter the USA. At entry you get a stamp in your passport to become a permanent resident. You must wait 3 (marriage based) or 5 years before you can apply for citizenship. A permanent resident is not a citizen. Don't make that mistake.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Timeline

The CR-1 visa is permission to enter the USA. At entry you get a stamp in your passport to become a permanent resident. You must wait 3 (marriage based) or 5 years before you can apply for citizenship. A permanent resident is not a citizen. Don't make that mistake.

Ok that explained.this is why we don't know what in the world we doing, this is why I am asking so many questions,to be sure what is best for us. I cant apply for CR1 because we are less than 2 years of married. July 20 will make us a year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok that explained.this is why we don't know what in the world we doing, this is why I am asking so many questions,to be sure what is best for us. I cant apply for CR1 because we are less than 2 years of married. July 20 will make us a year.

Bless you for trying to understand but you're still confused. You need to file for a CR-1 that's the only one you can file for. Don't try to understand what a K-3 or what an IR-1 is. Just know and explain to the husband you must file for a CR-1 and it can take about a year until you get your visa.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Try visacoach.com or hire attorney to do whole process. CR1 is for spouse who are married less than 2 years and IR1 is if you married more than 2 years. If you have CR1, then you get 3 year greencard subject to conditional removal. Sorry for being rude earlier but if your husband could have file a year ago, he could have enjoy being with newborn and spend quality time.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

Bless you for trying to understand but you're still confused. You need to file for a CR-1 that's the only one you can file for. Don't try to understand what a K-3 or what an IR-1 is. Just know and explain to the husband you must file for a CR-1 and it can take about a year until you get your visa.

This timeNo got it and I understsnd how it work. I have to file CR1 because we have been married less than 2 years. I totally agree I about k3 and IR don't need to know what they are. Important part is to file the CR1.

Thank you!

Edited by nyokie

Timeline

Thank you! I wont make that mistake thanks for explaining

Edited by nyokie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.