Fiji Indian

Why I joined this site and how you can help me.

130 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Guys this is not about me. Please don't make it about me. I have seeked therapy, who do you think diagnosed me with PTSD and Depression? We don't believe in taking medications for everything. Medications don't solve the problem or pain, it surpresses it. And as for the comment about my Mom can continue to survive without my Dad, since she did for 4 years. Well it's easy for you to say. But how much do you make exactly per year? An average person makes $30k+ a year, not $18,720. I would like you to subtract all the bills and expenses from $18,720 and please let me know how much do you actually have end of the year. Are you a 58 year old women who has had numerous health problems (cataract, glaucoma, kidney & gallbladder stones etc...), because if your not, then you may not understand what we are, and have been going through for years. Sorry I'm not trying to be rude, but in a situation like this anyone could flip. Perhaps, others situations are much worse then ours, but one must truly live through a situation to understand it.

Again, I aplologize.

I'm sorry but you keep repeating the same excuses. I understand that your mom has health problems. But how exactly would your dad living with you help your situation? How could he get a job supporting your sick mom, you and himself? He is not young either and he is a felon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

And how do you suppose a prospective employer will find out if you don't tell them? Are the PTSD gnomes going to send them secret codes messages?

None of this really matters, sounds like there is more than enough for a Lawyer to work with as far as a waiver is concerned. The issue is what they are seeking to waive.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Part of a hardship filing is not only how is if bad for you not to have him here but ho you can't go live with him in Fiji. You mother is from there originally so it may be harder for her to show that but what about you? Are they reason why life there would be impossible

Well we have made a life of our own here in America. We don't have anything in Fiji. If we were to go to Fiji, we would be homeless basically. My parents won't be able to get a job because of their age, the retirment age is 55 in Fiji. Environment is also a problem. It's not so glamorous as it is on T.V. Commercials. Houses are regularly a target of being over flooded when it rains. And from my experience when I was 8-9, an individual threatened to kill my Mom and I, and even came as close as to my front porch. We called the police, but it took them 1 hour to arrive, and they turned the other cheek when they were bribed to not arrest that individual.

Someone advised us to send an appeal to the President of United States, and another one to our city Congress. How would I go about that? I could PM you may current city.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, but why can't you get a job and support your mom and yourself? I mean I understand that you love your dad and you want him to be with you but you and your mom don't literally need him to survive.

He stated this:

"nd do you really expect someone to hire who has PTSD and depression on their file? I do not have a permanent job. I was working with my father here and there, but now he is in jail."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Certainly something to discuss with your Lawyer, but only thing that comes to mind is a Private Bill in Congress.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I'm sorry but you keep repeating the same excuses. I understand that your mom has health problems. But how exactly would your dad living with you help your situation? How could he get a job supporting your sick mom, you and himself? He is not young either and he is a felon.

I keep repeating myself, because apparently it's necessary to do so for certain individuals. I'll repeat myself again, we NEED FINANCIAL & PHYSICAL SUPPORT, he has had a job. Not a permanent one, but he is good with cars. He helps those who need help here and there. That is how my Dad provides for us. He has not been wasting time by doing nothing. On a last note I will like to say, he has enough of strength to survive in America at his age. Not start his life again in a environment he has nothing, and where he has not been in for 15 years. Can you imagine going through High School again after so many years?

And this is my final response to you, since you've stated I am repeating myself, therefor I'll save you the hassle. Thank you, but I have people who are helping me with links and information, instead of asking the same question again and again. Not trying to be disrespectful, but it's not as easy sitting here reading someone basically telling you to forget about your own elderly father, or simply move to Fiji and be homeless with him. In my culture we don't give up on helping our family in need.

Thank you.

I'm sorry, I got my information wrong. He served 1 year for Domestic Violence, and 3 years in ICE Custody. My Mom did file for I 130, but it was denied. The only thing we have been told could save him now is, if we prove that we will suffer through hardship without him. I have given a brief information on how we have and will suffer on post #6

I get it. Your very last hope is to prove that you and your mother will suffer through extreme hardship without him. This won't work.

At age 19 not on meds there wont be much hardship arguments re: you

your mom just financially and theres the aggregate of DV on her by

accident or not.....after the denial of I 130 the decision could have been

appealed.....there must have been some kind of attempt but not enough

until its late since he's been in ICE custody B4....if at the 9th circuit &

lost...the final can only be a writ of cert. to the Supreme Court no longer

than 30 days after final circuit decision.

This is an expensive move with an atty who can argue precedent & statues

on behalf of you father and why he should remain in this country, If he

goes to Fiji she can re-petition him & depending on his Bans that would be

awhile...In the meantime try to get yourself together with a job to help mom.

You can speak to Catholic Charities in your area & they can give you some advice

I do wish you & your mom the best, please stand firm in helping mom now,

after the storm will come the calm

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to Waivers and Admin. Processes Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Knowing the things I know now, it's been 16 years next week and I would enjoy another tour through high school. I don't really understand your situation compared to high school though.

I was trying to make a point by saying, you cannot simply go back to a place and have the success as you originally had. In other words, if my Dad were to be deported to Fiji, he wouldn't have a place to live. He wouldn't have a job, and he wouldn't have a means to provide for himself in a "new" environment. It's been 15 years. What can he possibly have there, while his wife and son is here in America?

Even wild animals aren't wild after being in captivity for so long. Sure, you can release them back to the wild, but what is the guarantee of its survival and success of reintroduction into the environment they have long forgotten?

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

I was trying to make a point by saying, you cannot simply go back to a place and have the success as you originally had. In other words, if my Dad were to be deported to Fiji, he wouldn't have a place to live. He wouldn't have a job, and he wouldn't have a means to provide for himself in a "new" environment. It's been 15 years. What can he possibly have there, while his wife and son is here in America?

Even wild animals aren't wild after being in captivity for so long. Sure, you can release them back to the wild, but what is the guarantee of its survival and success of reintroduction into the environment they have long forgotten?

Rules are rules for a reason. It is way too late for your father to make things right after a 15 year overstay (illegal presence) and a domestic violence felony (4 years in jail). Think about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.