clarkthegiraffe

NOA2 to Interview - How long does it vary?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello wonderful group of people!

I received my NOA1 in the mail today (email several days ago) and am now just reading up on what to do when the NOA2 is received, which I hope to be in the next few weeks if these processing times are correct on the website (CSC).

Now I know I can't expect exact answers, but I really, if anything, need more help understanding this timeline flowchart. Say I receive my NOA2 today (#4 on the timeline). Processing center to NVC makes sense, however will NVC need two weeks to do everything or is that the time we need to wait just to see if they received it?

What really gets me is #7-#11. Perhaps it's the amount of places and names that confuses me, but in all honesty it seems almost redundant to have numbers 9, 10, and 11 listed on the flowchart, as it seems to add time or steps to the process. Couldn't 8,9, and 10 (with enough proactive preparation) be all done in one day - maybe all in the same week, if the medical interview was scheduled with enough time ahead?

Sure, maybe the amount of time it takes afterwards to get the appointment dates varies depending on the consulate, but I just want to be sure I understand the flowchart. If I'm correct, maybe up to half of the time it takes from NOA2 to interview is entirely dependent on how prepared the applicants are.

Let me know if I'm wrong, or just not understanding this right, please! I am thoroughly confused by the times and names and dates listed here and would appreciate some clarity. Thanks in advance everyone! :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello wonderful group of people!

I received my NOA1 in the mail today (email several days ago) and am now just reading up on what to do when the NOA2 is received, which I hope to be in the next few weeks if these processing times are correct on the website (CSC).

Now I know I can't expect exact answers, but I really, if anything, need more help understanding this timeline flowchart. Say I receive my NOA2 today (#4 on the timeline). Processing center to NVC makes sense, however will NVC need two weeks to do everything or is that the time we need to wait just to see if they received it?

that is just a suggested wait time. It can sometimes take two or more weeks for it to be sent over seas to the beneficiary a country.

And then it needs to be processed and scanned in.

What really gets me is #7-#11. Perhaps it's the amount of places and names that confuses me, but in all honesty it seems almost redundant to have numbers 9, 10, and 11 listed on the flowchart, as it seems to add time or steps to the process. Couldn't 8,9, and 10 (with enough proactive preparation) be all done in one day - maybe all in the same week, if the medical interview was scheduled with enough time ahead?

yes they can all be done together.

The whole point of the flowchart is not to complicated matters and over think them such as you are doing right now.

It's just to spell them out, list each thing that needs doing so people don't miss something or get lost.

As for scheduling the medical so fast.. You need the case number and various documents before that can happen. It takes more than two weeks from the noa2 to get this done.

Sure, maybe the amount of time it takes afterwards to get the appointment dates varies depending on the consulate, but I just want to be sure I understand the flowchart. If I'm correct, maybe up to half of the time it takes from NOA2 to interview is entirely dependent on how prepared the applicants are.

yes it does depend on how well the beneficiary is prepared but this is all based on past petitions on vj, and comes no where near to the volume of petitions they actually get.

Some places schedule the interview for you and some don't.

So it various on how they do too.

Let me know if I'm wrong, or just not understanding this right, please! I am thoroughly confused by the times and names and dates listed here and would appreciate some clarity. Thanks in advance everyone! :luv:

I applaude your wanting to know stuff and understand the process but youre nit picking at the flowchart which is just a guide.

That's all it is.. A guide.

It helps people see what there is to do and understand where they are in the process with suggested wait times of what can happen.

But no one can ever know how fast it will be, that depends on uscis sending the approval and the embassy checking it in.

It's all a waiting game and all you can do is be as prepared as you possibly can.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Timeline

Thanks for the detailed response. You're right, I definitely am nit picking the guide... I should take up a hobby - it's not healthy to have bookmarks for this site and the USCIS page and checking them like facebook! Like you said, it's all a waiting game. :clock:

Also, as a heads-up, CSC takes longer to send the petitions to NVC. I was expecting the case to be sent right away, but based on other threads, CSC sends them in batches which could be delayed 30-45 days.

We were approved really quickly, but now I am feeling a little frustrated about this stop. But we will see what happens.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

For me, post-NOA2 was longer than NOA2. You never know what could happen. Also, even when it gets to the embassy, one cannot say for sure. From the timelines I found on VJ, nearly everyone who went through the Jakarta embassy waited less than a month for their interview, but then my fiancee ended up having to wait 6 weeks. That being said, a very ROUGH guide would be:

1 month from NOA2 to NVC (since you're going through CSC)

2 weeks from NVC to the embassy

Minimum of 1 month after that until your interview assuming no hiccups with medical and getting documentation ready for it. For some embassies, it is much more than that. I don't know anything about Brazil....

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

You can have a look at my timeline for a rough, albeit Brazil-specific, estimate. The interview date assigned to you does not depend on how prepared you are. It will be given to you, first by e-mail and then (much) later through a letter mailed to the beneficiary's address, and it will be approximately 2.5-3 months after you receive your NOA2, assuming you don't run into any of the delays that CSC filers have reported.

Since you want to prepare now, be advised that the medical in Brazil is a PITA since there are Embassy-approved doctors in only four cities: São Paulo, Rio, Brasília and Belo Horizonte. If your fiancée doesn't live in one of those cities, she will have to travel there. She could of course do the medical in Rio right before her interview (like the day or a few days before), but she would run the risk of the results not arriving in time and holding up the process. They would still conduct the interview, but (assuming she got approved) would wait until receiving the results before issuing the visa, not to mention if your fiancée needs vaccines or something else comes up.

You can PM me if you need anything else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.