40 posts in this topic

Still waiting my friend!

Going into town today to look for those shorts. Seeing folks walk around here with surfboards like it's nothing is still surreal.

I would have had you committed if you did. I doubt you'll have any second thoughts, but if you do you can get out in 3 years, that's a win win as far as I'm concerned.

It is pretty awesome here. I just found a condo about 6 minutes from my job, and it's right downtown so I can walk everywhere since my car isn't here yet. I'll see what is up after 3.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Going into town today to look for those shorts. Seeing folks walk around here with surfboards like it's nothing is still surreal.

It is pretty awesome here. I just found a condo about 6 minutes from my job, and it's right downtown so I can walk everywhere since my car isn't here yet. I'll see what is up after 3.

Must be nice. When I grow up I want to have it like you dude!

The money you save on not commuting will help out with the higher cost of living. If you need a room mate lemme know. :content:

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Hi Marv! If you're now living in HI does that make you Kenyan too?

23b53ef8fd62e778db9df22772e8b95182da81d8

Sorry, just felt like rubbing it in for the cheap seats. Sorry we couldn't be neighbors Teddy and Spooky, but if you guys find yourself in Honolulu, come find me and we'll do a virgin Maui Tai together!

By the way, I'm going to try surfing today, just because I can!!!!!

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

MARVIN, i am so happy for you two...

consider moped usage instead of car,

or find a car co-op group around a naval base.

Can rig a cool trailer from jogging stroller with 2 hours of work, a blowtorch and a welding rig.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Must be nice. When I grow up I want to have it like you dude!

Says the woman with multiple degrees and speaks a few languages...

BTW, no pink shorts here. I'd have to order them online. So you're going to have to settle for me looking normal when I fall on my azz.

The money you save on not commuting will help out with the higher cost of living. If you need a room mate lemme know. :content:

You need one living out here, went to the food pantry just to see what folks are yapping about. No joke, milk and bread are 7$. Cereal is teetering around 8$ with tax. Whatever you pay on the mainland, just multiply it by 2, that's the Hawaiian price.

Hi Marv! If you're now living in HI does that make you Kenyan too?

23b53ef8fd62e778db9df22772e8b95182da81d8

This is all part of my master plan. Going to be president someday...

MARVIN, i am so happy for you two...

consider moped usage instead of car,

or find a car co-op group around a naval base.

Can rig a cool trailer from jogging stroller with 2 hours of work, a blowtorch and a welding rig.

The only thing I am going to use the car for is sightseeing and our bi weekly trip to the commissary and NEX. I can walk to and from work, and this place is right downtown so the missus can walk on her time off when I'm at work.

Enjoy the waves and avoid getting "finned" if you fall from your board.

The only fins I'm worried about are those attached to something that wants to eat me, But noted. I'm going to take lessons first before I make a fool out of myself

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

BTW, no pink shorts here. I'd have to order them online. So you're going to have to settle for me looking normal when I fall on my azz.

You need one living out here, went to the food pantry just to see what folks are yapping about. No joke, milk and bread are 7$. Cereal is teetering around 8$ with tax. Whatever you pay on the mainland, just multiply it by 2, that's the Hawaiian price.

The only thing I am going to use the car for is sightseeing and our bi weekly trip to the commissary and NEX. I can walk to and from work, and this place is right downtown so the missus can walk on her time off when I'm at work.

The only fins I'm worried about are those attached to something that wants to eat me, But noted. I'm going to take lessons first before I make a fool out of myself

Lessons for what? To better make a fool of yourself? :whistle:

You can get the pink and white flower shorts dude!

Timeline

sorry, i really meant... make a trailer to pull behind the moped..

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Lessons for what? To better make a fool of yourself? :whistle:

Don't think because I'm retired and on an island paradise I won't come back just to cut you... :ranting:

I'm telling you, easier said than done. Find me a pair online and send the link.

sorry, i really meant... make a trailer to pull behind the moped..

I might do that until I start working, my retirement check isn't going to cover shyt. I can't wait to start...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

he can find the pink shorts, neon pink, at the charity resale shops there.

only 2 dolla!

he can find the pink shorts, neon pink, at the charity resale shops there.

only 2 dolla!

I'm not feeling you're my cousin right now Darnell. And nothing in Hawaii cost 2 dollars, the gum is like 3.50, and that's the nasty sugar free gum.

The one shop that did have them sold out and you have to order them from the store directly. They were selling them for some guy who had cancer, but they took them all. So I'm still looking.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I used Costco and coupons. Depends what you eat though. And pineapple is pretty cheap there :)

And of course you probably still look like a tourist. Once you look and act more like a local, people will show you all the best places

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Don't think because I'm retired and on an island paradise I won't come back just to cut you... :ranting:

I'm telling you, easier said than done. Find me a pair online and send the link.

I might do that until I start working, my retirement check isn't going to cover shyt. I can't wait to start...

Hey, you left that door wide open. Don't fault me for walking though it.