fawdown

I have a few questions/concerns.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am trying to see if I have my ducks in a row to be able to start the process. But I have a few questions.

There are two forums here, one for K-1 and one for if the couple is already married (forgot the number).

It seems that there are successes and failures in both. I have seen so many people report failing the interview. It seems by what they wrote there is no reason for it. Is this why some people opt for just getting married and then starting the procedure? Even though we have lots of evidence, it still makes me nervous. I have my evidence or so I think:

I have lots of pics to choose from, and some with her family as well so I am not too concerned with that.

But I have my travel itineraries (2) that were emailed to me and the receipts for payments of the trips, along with a hotel receipt, and one for an engagement ring.

Are hard copy printouts of emailed receipts acceptable? They do look good as they are professional business looking.

We have sent messages daily on Facebook, and talk usually daily on Skype (sometimes twice), for 3 years. I guess these things can be logged, but I think I need pointers on how to use these proofs.

Also, she is from the Philippines, however she is currently working in Hong Kong.

Does this matter with all of this, or will the HK consulate handle on her interview, even though she is Filipino? I really hope she doesn't have to go back to Philippines to do this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The typical reason for denial is the CO does not believe the relationship is valid and for immigration purposes only. This can be the case with K-1 fiance(e) visas or CR-1 spousal visas. If someone is denied a K-1, then getting married and filing for a CR-1 will not automatically correct things. They could be denied the CR-1 for the same reasons, which is why it is important to know exactly why your visa was denied so you can overcome the situation before filing again for either type of visa.

The good news is that the majority of cases are approved.

If your fiance(e) is legally working and residing in Hong Kong, then she can interview for the K-1 there. Put her Hong Kong address on the forms and state the Hong Kong consulate as the location where she will apply for the visa.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is always a reason, sometimes it can be hard to get it out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

thanks for the replies. Can someone answer the question about the email receipts?

Hotel receipt is only good if it contained both names and only then it is secondary evidence.

Itineraries are also not that great as they do not prove you were there and are again best used as secondary evidence.

Primary evidence are things such as boarding passes, passport stamps.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hotel receipts do not need both names in order to be used. They can be used to show one person went to visit the other in the place they stated they did. The dates will match up to their passport stamps, boarding passes and other types of receipts that can be used as well. For those that do not get their passports stamped(such as border crossings through Canada or Mexico), receipts and credit card/bank statements often work as primary evidence documents to show they were in a certain place on the certain date they say they were for their in person visits.

You could also say boarding passes don't mean much because you could have taken the plane trip there and back but never had been face to face with the fiance(e). The evidence is used altogether to prove the two people were in the same place on the same dates. That is the nature of the evidence provided.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am trying to see if I have my ducks in a row to be able to start the process. But I have a few questions.

There are two forums here, one for K-1 and one for if the couple is already married (forgot the number).

It seems that there are successes and failures in both. I have seen so many people report failing the interview. It seems by what they wrote there is no reason for it. Is this why some people opt for just getting married and then starting the procedure? Even though we have lots of evidence, it still makes me nervous. I have my evidence or so I think:

I have lots of pics to choose from, and some with her family as well so I am not too concerned with that.

But I have my travel itineraries (2) that were emailed to me and the receipts for payments of the trips, along with a hotel receipt, and one for an engagement ring.

Are hard copy printouts of emailed receipts acceptable? They do look good as they are professional business looking.

We have sent messages daily on Facebook, and talk usually daily on Skype (sometimes twice), for 3 years. I guess these things can be logged, but I think I need pointers on how to use these proofs.

Also, she is from the Philippines, however she is currently working in Hong Kong.

Does this matter with all of this, or will the HK consulate handle on her interview, even though she is Filipino? I really hope she doesn't have to go back to Philippines to do this.

1st, for the I-129F petition process you only need proof of having met in person within the past two years; you can accomplish this with passport, stamps, boarding passes, receipts and as secondary evidence pictures of the two of you together.

2nd, for the visa process you fiancee can complete this process in HK, no issues. For the actual visa process you need evidence of a genuine, ongoing relationship; for this provide copies of emails, skype logs, letters, boarding passes, passport stampes, receipts, and lastly pictures together.

You will need a few things from the Philippines, NOS birth certificate, CENOMAR, and NBI for Travel Abroad, these can all be acquired from HK but they take time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.