Interview Date : 2014-07-13

Interview Result : Approved

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2014-07-27

US Entry :

Hello All,

I hope that someone can help or advise here. I'm Egyptian American, lives in NYC. I have applied for I129F and received the receipt on January, 27th, 2014 and since then my case is still pending and on "Initial Reviews" state.

Is there anyone experiencing the same issue? is there anything can be done? i have tried to call the USCIS many times but have not got an answer except just to wait and be patience.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Yes..mine is on initial review since Jan 7th...haven't heard nothing since then..

We submitted inquiry to our Senator..but no answer yet...

Unfortunately...I feel like there's nothing we can do..but wait..

Don't lose your hopes! our turn will come...prob you first...I am so unlucky with this kind of things...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you Caryh for your encouraging message as i started losing hope. do you know how long more will it take? i want to prepare for the wedding and book the reception/church. without having an exact date it becomes very hard, you know.

All of the paperwork for immigration will tell you not to book these things until your VISA is hand, for a very simple reason: it takes a different length of time for every case. There's no way to guarantee you won't have a request for more information, you won't sit in additional processing for who knows how long, or, as already mentioned, that the worldwide VISA processing system won't crash.

You'll have a period of up to six months to travel on your VISA after it's issued (the expiry date will be listed when you get it), and you'll have 90 days to marry after you enter the United States. You shouldn't book or schedule or pay for anything until you have the VISA (especially if you're from a high-risk country). If the time given isn't enough time to have the sort of wedding you want, you and your partner should consider having a courthouse wedding to "get legaled" soon after immigrating, and then prepare for the big church wedding at a later date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

All of the paperwork for immigration will tell you not to book these things until your VISA is hand, for a very simple reason: it takes a different length of time for every case. There's no way to guarantee you won't have a request for more information, you won't sit in additional processing for who knows how long, or, as already mentioned, that the worldwide VISA processing system won't crash.

You'll have a period of up to six months to travel on your VISA after it's issued (the expiry date will be listed when you get it), and you'll have 90 days to marry after you enter the United States. You shouldn't book or schedule or pay for anything until you have the VISA (especially if you're from a high-risk country). If the time given isn't enough time to have the sort of wedding you want, you and your partner should consider having a courthouse wedding to "get legaled" soon after immigrating, and then prepare for the big church wedding at a later date.

thanks for the advice

Yes..mine is on initial review since Jan 7th...haven't heard nothing since then..

Don't lose your hopes! our turn will come...prob you first...I am so unlucky with this kind of things...

i hope it will happen soon. Are you from Egypt as well? it differs from country to another tho.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Mine is on initial review since jan 21. According to timeline, we have 79 January filers unapproved out of 212 all petitioners, another new week new hope, our turn will come soon !

Mine is on initial review since jan 21. According to timeline, we have 79 January filers unapproved out of 212 all petitioners, another new week new hope, our turn will come soon !

I imagine you'll get yours any day.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.