Joui

Admission of drug use at st lukes, is my visa automatically denied

189 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my friend said that they can apply again for her k2 aftr a year of her noa2 approval...i think theres an instruction to the refusal letter.

Edited by mymarley

Joui, on 29 Jul 2014 - 4:31 PM, said:

Thanks apple21. But let me confirm that the guideline now is that there is no more lifetime ban and 3 years ban for admission of experimental marijuana am i correct? At least thats what i have been reading here. The lifetime ban was until 2006??

At this time there is nothing more that you can do. Many here have given you the information that you asked for. But, no one can tell you 100% what they will say or do for your case. Now it's time to leave this in the hands of the authorities and see how it plays out with them. Relax.... take a deep breath and be positive. Follow the necessary steps as asked by the authorities... that's all you can do at this time.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The key wording is "abuser or addict", puffing but "never inhaling" may not be considered either of those

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/ineligibilities.html

(1) Health-related grounds. -

(iv) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to be a drug abuser or addict, is inadmissible.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@my marley- when does the countdown start? After the last drug use or after the interview? Like i said, what happens if the last drug use was many years? Where are they goong to base the 1 year ban?

@Hank- thanks for the info. Am i correct to assume that the term inadmissable is AKA the 1 year ban? Or is it the Lifetime Ban?

Good luck. Please return and post your feelings of what took place during your interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Just finished the interview with the psych. I think it went well imo. Questions wer more about my family,employment history and health condition(I have ankylosing spondylitis, a kind of arthritis) and how am i coping up with it. I just told him just positive attitude(optimisim) and engaging myself to sports. All of these statements are true.

Before i left, i told him i have a concern regarding the wrong information the reception marked check on te paper, last week i saw that the check mark was on the Methampethamine box!! So i raised it to the psych and i said that there must be an error with their checking last week. He browsed my paper and he said that it has been changed. And he said "you're bad" in a joking manner( i hope). Damn i hope they dont take it against me as i was just concern not to have sple error cause my visa denial. I did not open the stapled paper, i just saw the mark against the light.

Timeline

Okay so my friend who works at the clinic as was able to see my database and accdg to her the impression was : Applicant's use of cannabis does not fit the criteria of substance disorder.

I really hope everything goes well and the consul consider this as a positive point. My interview is on august 13. Im gettig nervous and nervous everyday.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That sounds like a negative for abuse/addict.... which is a big YaaaaaaaaaaaaaHoooooooooooo! for you! Now to clear the last hurdle... the interview. You will be fine, have everything listed in the instructions letter, remember - be confident, self-assured, smile and look the CO in the eyes when speaking. :D

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Im really hoping for the best in the interview. I really hope that this youthful foolishness will no longer haunt me. It is a thing of past, and i have matured since then. Im glad that God answered my prayers to give me the guts to face the psych awhile ago but the biggest challenge is still ahead of me.. The consulate.. :)

Yep, everything is in my possesion already months ago. I thought I would be so ready for the interview until my admission to the doctor came up.. Hope everything ends as planned.. Will update everyone how everything will go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.