107 posts in this topic

Keep your hopes up. I was expecting to be approved by June or July but was very surprised to have an E-mail on the 30th of April. It took 4 months and 11 days to get my approval.

Now just waiting for the embassy to contact me, it seems like forever.

i have faith thinga will start moving and on time haha

Ooo ok, I got you, and I I understand your saying the visa appt date was like November 25th of last year? So you have till November 25th of this year..I have seen many with that issue, what they do is make you may the visa fee again. To my understanding, and do the update of sponsor paper work. After 6 months you have to redo medical and criminal records, anyways.. I know it makes it harder...I think you will be ok though, I am seeing a trending 6 month turn around now...Good Luck!

thank you!! hopefully by july we march filers will get a response!!

Yea, almost time for march people! !! !woot woot! I am soo excited about hearing people who have been approved from December and January! Thats soo awesome!

Kassandra M. Martinez

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just mailed my husbands waiver package yesterday our interview was on May 21. The package is to be delivered to Arizona at 1030 am this morning. I am soooo hoping that since my husband already had a non-immigrant I-194 waiver in 2012 that the immigrant I-601 waiver will be approved swiftly. How can they not see when they punch in his A number that they already waived him for the exact same inadmissibility. Seems silly for them to make us wait it out for so long. Already our life has been on hold for 14 months to get to the interview.

I just mailed my husbands waiver package yesterday our interview was on May 21. The package is to be delivered to Arizona at 1030 am this morning. I am soooo hoping that since my husband already had a non-immigrant I-194 waiver in 2012 that the immigrant I-601 waiver will be approved swiftly. How can they not see when they punch in his A number that they already waived him for the exact same inadmissibility. Seems silly for them to make us wait it out for so long. Already our life has been on hold for 14 months to get to the interview.

Good day, I have a friend that tied her waivers together for her husband...I see you sent in the I-601 now, that must mean he is back in his home country...Soooo, I could be wrong on this, but I would think that he would still have to wait the normal times, becuase he was went from a non0immigrant application to a IR-1 Visa, like a residency visa...THe only thing That I know you might can do, is have him call the USCIS, and ask questions about them possibly being tied..The Non-immigrant waiver doesnt require a hardship proof..That one is for ppl who have never been in the U.S. The I-601 is to lift the time that he was here on an undocumented basis... But, I would suggest him calling possibly and asking if they can be tied together...

I mean, nothing hurts to call or request to speak to an officer, via skype, they do that now where you can schedule an appointment online to ask questions like that...Or go to Laurel Scott attorneys, look her up, she has a chat log she does once a week, and lets ppl ask questions...that would be a good one to ask, I am sure she would respond..she tries to repond to everyone....good luck,!

OO and all` March people good news, I have seen several january approvals..Including one for January 26 on wednesday... Sooo, keep praying my friends, I hope were soon!

Kassandra M. Martinez

SOOOO Excited to see the approvals are speeding up !!

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I am so afraid after 14 Months waiting to get an Interview that our waiver could possibly be denied. This is my worst fear.

I am so afraid after 14 Months waiting to get an Interview that our waiver could possibly be denied. This is my worst fear.

the waivers get filed at the NSC... why do you think it will be denied?

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

the waivers get filed at the NSC... why do you think it will be denied?

Because I did the waiver packet on my own. I am afraid my hardship is not enough. I did not submit much evidence. I thought that a previously approved Non-Immigrant waiver included In the packet would help a lot being they approved him before but I am reading they are a lot easier to get. He was refused due to a 17 year old assault charge. Funny thing is he didn't even hit the guy only shoved him because he was messing around with his ex wife. If he knew then what he knows now he could have and would have had the charge reduced or dropped.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys give up gloom and keep with your updates. Good Luck!

Our Timeline
1st Jun, 2013 - Mailed i129f
17th Oct, 2013 - NOA2 Email Notification
27th Jan, 2014 - Visa Interview - Refused Visa eligible for waivers I601 and I212
23rd Sep, 2014 - Visa Received

2nd Nov, 2014 POE Newark

6th Nov, 2014 - Married

7th Nov, 2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed to Chicago

10th Nov, 2014 - Applications delivered and Receipt Date

14th Nov, 2014 - NOA1 Date

20th Nov, 2014 - Received NOA1 hard copies

29th Nov, 2014 - Letter for Biometrics Appointment. Appt date - 12/10/2014

1st Dec, 2014 - Walkin biometrics done

13th Dec, 2014 - RFE email followed by Hard Copy on 12/19/2014 for Marriage Certificate

20th Dec, 2014 - Mailed RFE response with certified Marriage License and Certificate

21st Feb, 2015 - Received notice of potential interview waiver by mail

2nd Mar, 2014 - email received for EAD approved

Because I did the waiver packet on my own. I am afraid my hardship is not enough. I did not submit much evidence. I thought that a previously approved Non-Immigrant waiver included In the packet would help a lot being they approved him before but I am reading they are a lot easier to get. He was refused due to a 17 year old assault charge. Funny thing is he didn't even hit the guy only shoved him because he was messing around with his ex wife. If he knew then what he knows now he could have and would have had the charge reduced or dropped.

Most likly if you didnt have enough evidence you might get an RFE, which will give you the chance to fix what you may have left out...Keep your head up!

Kassandra M. Martinez

I did my own waiver I just researched the internet and I put every possible hardship that I could think of, supported it with evidences and sent it. I was approved 5 months after that and received my visa package a month after that. I'm getting ready to travel to the us now.

I hope time goes by fast for you guys and I'm very sure your waivers will be approved

I did my own waiver I just researched the internet and I put every possible hardship that I could think of, supported it with evidences and sent it. I was approved 5 months after that and received my visa package a month after that. I'm getting ready to travel to the us now.

I hope time goes by fast for you guys and I'm very sure your waivers will be approved

CONGRATS !!!

We hired a lawyer and hopefully he writes a great waiver for us.( he is writing it now) Our interview is July 15th. Lawyer told me to fax the paper saying he can file a waiver right after the interview... and off it will go !! A 5 month approval would be amazing !!!

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

You may get RFE for a copy of disposition . but think positive

this was over 15 yrs ago, did U address the matter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.