178 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

case creation date:22-dec-2011

interview date: 29-nov-2012

status updated date:10-jun-13

They kept the passport ??

Hi all. I want to share my story for those who is undergoing AP and hope this will help a little.

07/30 - I had my interview. CO didn't clearly say if I was approved or not. I had one missing doc and I was aware of that. This was a Police Clearance from one country I lived more than 6 months. They kept my passport and told me to send the doc to them and they will contact me. They gave me white 221 g form.

07/30 - CEAC status showed AP ( Your case needs further review. )

08/01 - Sent the Police clearance to the embassy.

08/02 - Got a text from the courier saying the doc was delivered.

08/02 - CEAC still on AP

..... I didn't call the embassy regarding the doc submitted cause my fiance told me that's not how the government works, the more you call them the more they do it late...

08/09 - Sent an email to the embassy and ask for acknowledgment upon receipt of the doc submitted. ( couldn't wait no more so I asked them )

08/11 - Got an email from the embassy saying they have received additional doc and referred my case to concerned team for processing. CEAC still on AP.

08/12 - CEAC changed to READY ( You can book your appointment. )

08/13 - CEAC showed READY ( your case is open and wait for two business days. )

08/15 - CEAC changed to AP ( Your case is undergoing necessary AP. This can take several weeks. )

08/16 - CEAC changed to ISSUED.

I hope this helps a little. There is an AP and there is an AP. They are two different cases depends on it's content. You are put on AP after the interview if your case needs further review , you may have one missing doc or they really need further review ( CEAC shows AP your case requires furhter review. ) and there is AP which showez your case is undergoing necessary AP ( If I am not mistaken this AP showed when they will issue you a visa soon )

If you have any questions on my case, feel free to ask I will help. God Bless to all of us.

Thank you so much for sharing your story!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Case Creation Date: 13-Sep-2012 Status Updated Date: 30-May-2013

He had his interview on January 10th and has been in AP ever since. He was told that everything looks good but had to undergo AP and it should take 1 week - 1 month.

It has been 8 months now (exactlty 32 weeks) since his interview date.

Yes, they kept his passport and he had paid the DHL fees before the interview.

Timeline

Yes, they kept his passport and he had paid the DHL fees before the interview.

Wow that's a long wait. did you ever try to contact them or ask anything?

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Case Creation Date: 31-Dec-2012

Interview: 9-Apr-2013

Status Updated Date: 10-Apr-2013

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks.

Interview went fine with no document missing, he retain passport and gave green sheet paper.

Feeling Hopefulrolleyes.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow that's a long wait. did you ever try to contact them or ask anything?

Yup, I did the following:

March 2013 - Talked to Department of State on the phone, no additional information was given and I was told that we just need to wait it out (no end to AP)

March 2013 - Went to my Congressman's office and asked for help. His office contacted the embassy and the embassy told them we just have to wait and keep checking the status online.

May 2013 - Contacted my Senator. Her office contacted the embassy and was told the same thing including a new statement about how our personal inconvience is minor compared to ensuring that visa issuance strengthens and not weakens US national security (parapharasing the statement).

June 2013 - Contacted the Embassy by phone (as recommended by a lawyer) and was told that the Consular section does not accept phone calls anymore per new process rules.

June 2013 - Emailed the embassy (as instructed on their website) to inform them that we reached the 6 month waiting mark and received the same response (wait and keep checking online).

Not sure there is anything else to do...

Edited by Strong_Always

Timeline

Yup, I did the following:

March 2013 - Talked to Department of State on the phone, no additional information was given and I was told that we just need to wait it out (no end to AP)

March 2013 - Went to my Congressman's office and asked for help. His office contacted the embassy and the embassy told them we just have to wait and keep checking the status online.

May 2013 - Contacted my Senator. Her office contacted the embassy and was told the same thing including a new statement about how our personal inconvience is minor compared to ensuring that visa issuance strengthens and not weakens US national security (parapharasing the statement).

June 2013 - Contacted the Embassy by phone (as recommended by a lawyer) and was told that the Consular section does not accept phone calls anymore per new process rules.

June 2013 - Emailed the embassy (as instructed on their website) to inform them that we reached the 6 month waiting mark and received the same response (wait and keep checking online).

Not sure there is anything else to do...

That's crazy. I hope you get it soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hey what do you mean by ready and open?

That is what it says on the embassy page when I check my status,anyway this what they said to me on an Email they wrote me yesterday:

Thank you for your e-mail. The petitioner in this case has retained your office concerning this matter.

According to our records, your fiancé’s visa application is still pending completion of the necessary administrative processing. We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to re-unite families. Nonetheless, the U.S. Interests Section in Havana, like all U.S. embassies and consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive additional administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of your fiance’s visa will be completed, please be assured that the U.S. Interests Section in Havana and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that the visa is adjudicated as soon as the processing of her application has been completed.

We hope this information is of assistance.

Consular Information Unit

U.S. Interests Section

Havana, Cuba

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

-Interview Date: 10 July 2013

-Consulate: Kuwait

-Result: Administrative Processing

-11 July 2013: case "last updated" date changed.

-18 July 2013: case "last updated" date changed

-19 August 2013 Contacted US Senator John Cornyn of Texas to ask his assistance with the case (all US Senators can check on the progress to make sure the case is being handled properly after the expected time for AP has passed They refer to it as assistance with gov. agency and "casework")

-20 August 2013: Letter from Sen. Cornyn's office stating they have contacted DOS and will inform me when they have a response.

-21 August 2013: case "last updated" date changed. (someone looked at the case. we will see what happens)

Will update further

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.