15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance recived a 221g when he did his interview and was told the case is being returned to the US for processing. My case was returned six months ago. Can someone who has gone through this please respond and let me know what kind of time frame they had to deal with?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My fiance recived a 221g when he did his interview and was told the case is being returned to the US for processing. My case was returned six months ago. Can someone who has gone through this please respond and let me know what kind of time frame they had to deal with?

The time frame varies from person to person. While AP is common, each case is unique. It could take up to a year or it could take less blush.gif There is a part of the forum specifically designated for people going through this process http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/ I'm sure other people there can help you with more accurate information if available.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can you clarify if you mean it was being returned to USCIS for revocation?

Usually, a 221g is something given when the beneficiery is ineligble for a visa until background checks are clear or documents are submitted and accepted... for us, we have mandatory AP which is background checks thru washington DC and the visa can't be issued until all clearances are done.

If you mean it was returned to USCIS then that is something different and would require a completely different answer.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you seen the 221g notice? You need to verify if it is a Notice Of Intent to Deny or Revoke (NOID or NOIR). If the 221g says deny then by the time it gets back to USCIS it has expired already and they just ask you to re-apply. If it Notice of Intent to Revoke then the implications are completely different, with a revocation it means the CO did not believed the relationship was bona-fide or that there was an intent to commit fraud to obtain a visa. If such is the case they normally will give you an opportunity to submit a rebuttal and any supporting documents to prove it is a bona-fide relationship. Failure to reply to their inquiry can result in a revocation this implies that your better half can no longer apply for a visa again. The normal response time from the time it is sent back to USCIS is about 6 months, they ask that you don't inquire before then. I have seen many couples still pursue assistance from their Senators it is up to you what you do at this time. You always have to option of calling USCIS to see the status of the visa application.

Good luck,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you seen the 221g notice? You need to verify if it is a Notice Of Intent to Deny or Revoke (NOID or NOIR). If the 221g says deny then by the time it gets back to USCIS it has expired already and they just ask you to re-apply. If it Notice of Intent to Revoke then the implications are completely different, with a revocation it means the CO did not believed the relationship was bona-fide or that there was an intent to commit fraud to obtain a visa. If such is the case they normally will give you an opportunity to submit a rebuttal and any supporting documents to prove it is a bona-fide relationship. Failure to reply to their inquiry can result in a revocation this implies that your better half can no longer apply for a visa again. The normal response time from the time it is sent back to USCIS is about 6 months, they ask that you don't inquire before then. I have seen many couples still pursue assistance from their Senators it is up to you what you do at this time. You always have to option of calling USCIS to see the status of the visa application.

Good luck,

If his visa application is placed on AP you can call Department of State to see if it is local AP or like states previously the one done at Washington, D.C., the personnel at DOS can give you this information and any updates on the case.

Timeline

If his visa application is placed on AP you can call Department of State to see if it is local AP or like states previously the one done at Washington, D.C., the personnel at DOS can give you this information and any updates on the case.

I spoke with the department of state and they called the NVC and could not get any information either. I just dont understand why it has been sitting atthe NVC for so long. My NOA is expired of course but I was once told that it can be reaffirmed when it goes back to the USCIS. I have been told so many things that now I am just confused and cannot figure out if I should pursue this one or just start over again after we get married.

Timeline

Can you clarify if you mean it was being returned to USCIS for revocation?

Usually, a 221g is something given when the beneficiery is ineligble for a visa until background checks are clear or documents are submitted and accepted... for us, we have mandatory AP which is background checks thru washington DC and the visa can't be issued until all clearances are done.

If you mean it was returned to USCIS then that is something different and would require a completely different answer.

Yes it was returned to USCIS but it went to the NVC first and has been there ever since. I am wondering when they will send it to the USCIS. No one will tell me anything except that there is no time frame on how long it takes.

Timeline

Good luck,

Here is what it says: Section 221(g)which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remark apply in your case:

We will return your application and petition to the Department of Homeland Security's United States Citizenship and Immigration Service. Any further inquiries regarding your application and petition should be directed to their attention. You may wish to consult the USCIS website for more information on how to contact the USCIS office nearest the petitioners residence int he us at:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here is what it says: Section 221(g)which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remark apply in your case:

We will return your application and petition to the Department of Homeland Security's United States Citizenship and Immigration Service. Any further inquiries regarding your application and petition should be directed to their attention. You may wish to consult the USCIS website for more information on how to contact the USCIS office nearest the petitioners residence int he us at:

Me & My Fiancee are in the same boat like you ,i had my interview in Marh 12 th ,got 221g teh conselor told me we will sent back your petition to uscis .Thenmy faincee wrote letter to us consualt here for secodn inetrview coz the first was not real interview honestly ,then wrote here back that our case was sent back to uscis in May we got letter from uscis saying our petition is expired whcih completly weird it was expired so faster .I said to My fiancee i'll not refilre again anotehr Petition .i was sure teh conselor meant to let our petition stay in Morocco till it expired as i said before i fell it was not really an interview but figured he treated me as crimnal or scammer or any name if you prefer ..Our next step God willing is to be married as the CR-1 does not expired .Hope with all my herat you got good News

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Timeline

I spoke with the department of state and they called the NVC and could not get any information either. I just dont understand why it has been sitting atthe NVC for so long. My NOA is expired of course but I was once told that it can be reaffirmed when it goes back to the USCIS. I have been told so many things that now I am just confused and cannot figure out if I should pursue this one or just start over again after we get married.

If you get married you will no longer be eligible for the fiancee Visa and will need to make sure the petition is withdrawn. Once you get married in Morocco you will have to apply for a CR-1 visa and there is still no guarantee you will get approved. You need to find out the exact reasons your petion was returned and be prepared to provide evidence to prove your relationship.

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

Has anyone ever found out the reasons for their petition being sent back after a K1 visa interview vise refusal?? Like everyone keeps saying ppl should find out and i know it good and correct info but its clearly something no one has any straight forward working advice on exactly how to do that.... The only thing u can do is wait to see if uscis sends u something in the mail requesting for more proof of your relationship. But if they dont and it just expires u'll probably never find out... some ppl have found out im sure but it not likely. I just don't see how. DOS wont tell u. USCIS wont tell u. And if u have your Senator try, they may not be able to find out cuz the files are usually gonna be confidential or they'll just tell u that they are. If someone has actually found out about why the CO didnt want to issue the visa after a K1 interview please tell us all cuz as far as i know, its damn near impossible.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Filed: Timeline

Has anyone ever found out the reasons for their petition being sent back after a K1 visa interview vise refusal?? Like everyone keeps saying ppl should find out and i know it good and correct info but its clearly something no one has any straight forward working advice on exactly how to do that.... The only thing u can do is wait to see if uscis sends u something in the mail requesting for more proof of your relationship. But if they dont and it just expires u'll probably never find out... some ppl have found out im sure but it not likely. I just don't see how. DOS wont tell u. USCIS wont tell u. And if u have your Senator try, they may not be able to find out cuz the files are usually gonna be confidential or they'll just tell u that they are. If someone has actually found out about why the CO didnt want to issue the visa after a K1 interview please tell us all cuz as far as i know, its damn near impossible.

My guess is they send it back to USCIS because by the time USCIS gets time to work on it, it's already expired.

IMO the best option is to get married and file I-130 for CR-1. This isn't a quick fix though, as the underlying reasons for the K-1 denial won't have changed. If going this route, you have to make sure you've adressed any reason why the K-1 was denied in the first place.

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Good luck,

Hi I have a question my fiance was given a form with the check box at the bottom stating for further review and they will contact him they did contact him very quickly in fact had him to come back one week after the interview and that is when he was handed the document with box checked at the top section 221g which prohibits the issuance of visa blah blah blah blah do you know what I mean ? I don't have the original document and just a jpeg and tried to upload but is too big to post here let me know if you understand I believe I am waiting something direct from the uscis correct?

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

Word!!!!!! as you would think it is our right to know and the "process" in which they take is really backwards and not very humane!

VeYjm6.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi I have a question my fiance was given a form with the check box at the bottom stating for further review and they will contact him they did contact him very quickly in fact had him to come back one week after the interview and that is when he was handed the document with box checked at the top section 221g which prohibits the issuance of visa blah blah blah blah do you know what I mean ? I don't have the original document and just a jpeg and tried to upload but is too big to post here let me know if you understand I believe I am waiting something direct from the uscis correct?

I uploaded it to my profile

VeYjm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.