Sign in to follow this  
Him & Me

National Visa Center-Additional Processing

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I got my case number the end of last week. I called the NVC this morning to see if my case was forwarded to US Consulate. I was told NO since my case was entered in the system the end of last week and now it is going through additional processing. What does this mean? Does it mean more time to wait? :bonk:

Hi everyone

I got my case number the end of last week. I called the NVC this morning to see if my case was forwarded to US Consulate. I was told NO since my case was entered in the system the end of last week and now it is going through additional processing. What does this mean? Does it mean more time to wait? :bonk:

It means your going thru AP at the NVC stage...seems they are doing additional checks at this stage for you... nothing to worry about and most times if you do the AP at this stage your visa is issued sooner after the interview... altho not always

Edited by EAbbas

It means your going thru AP at the NVC stage...seems they are doing additional checks at this stage for you... nothing to worry about and most times if you do the AP at this stage your visa is issued sooner after the interview... altho not always

Oh no. How long does this take?

My AP took 3 weeks at NVC. Hope u get out of AP soon.

I thought once your case is approved by the USCIS then there won't be any additiona processing time at the NVC level. I heard this was the case at the embassy stage. I hope mine takes as little time as yours.

Takes as long as it takes nobody can know but it will end and your case will be moved to the embassy when complete and hopefully with having ap at this level you won't have to deal with it after the interview

I see that you have been waiting patiently for yours, I hope you get the good news.

Hi everyone

:time: It helps everyone using the statistics on this site. Additionally, it helps folks quickly understand your visa type and progress level.

Hi everyone

Hi,

Plan to wait for a while.... no choice....once they send the case to kabul embassy they will take almost 2 to 3 weeks to send a interview letter and they will give a month later for interview date. After interview they will put all case in pending for a long time some times it takes 2 to 3 months.. I m going through that right now...

The reason I am telling you this so you don't get disappointed when they tell u to wait again after the interview. No one told me about that time so i was really disappointed :crying: :crying: Good Luck !!

Hi everyone

Our AP took about 10 days

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.