Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Employment Verification Letter

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ffp    2


I am trying to collect some stuff ahead even though I just send I-129F.

As I understand that later I will need provide "signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position" instead of this can I use "Employment Verification Letter for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Foregn Government Agencies and Embassies" I am attaching the edited version of a letter.

At our work on the site I have other choices:

** Prove Your Employment - The Work Number allows any third-party to easily, quickly, and securely verify your employment. Typically, employment verifications are needed when you are looking for a new job or applying for smaller amounts on a loan or credit application.

Our proof of employment contains information about you like your name and information about your employment like job title and length of service. It does not contain confidential income information. It does not contain performance reviews or other "subjective" information.

** Prove Your Income - The Work Number allows a verifier to obtain a verification of income on your behalf instantly, right when you need it.

** Create a Salary Key - Our Employment & Income verification allows anyone that you authorize to get quick, easy, accurate, and secure access to your employment and income information. Typically, this information is needed when you apply for larger loans, in connection with major financial transactions like buying a house or car, or when applying for a lease or other large extension of credit.

The proof of employment and income verification contains information on you, your job title, and length of employment as well as pay rates and amounts from your employer. It does not contain performance reviews or other "subjective" information.

** Immigration Verification - Do you need to verify your employment status for immigration purposes? If so, you can obtain a verification of your employment status by using the Immigration Verification service of The Work Number. The immigration verification is designed to be used by employees who travel internationally as well as by those who require documentation of employment status to submit with immigration forms.

The immigration verification provided by The Work Number does not satisfy the requirements for the following immigration forms:

•Application for Family Unity Benefits (Form I-817)

•Application for Temporary Protected Status (Form I-821)

•Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes (Form N-470)

The immigration forms listed above require the verification of your employment status to be in the form of an affidavit signed by your employer.

NOTE: The immigration verification may not be used to apply for credit.

Or I chould choose something else from the site?


Edited by ffp

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

My employer also refers all employment verification requests etc to "The Work Number." I'd be interested to see if any of the VJ members have experience using this service for USCIS petitions etc.

Also - ffp - Where can I go to get a letter similar to the one you attached?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

First I had to register on site. Once you login it gave you 4 optons. I select "•I want to provide proof of employment AND income." then login and after on site choose "Verifications" select "Immigration Verification" then you will get same form...

i apologise in advance if i may sound ignorant, on what website did you go to get this letter. is it the uscis page? thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

My HR department swears that the verification letter offered by WorkNumber is accepted by embassies and USCIS, and of course WorkNumber says their document is good. I don't have that much faith - and even if you do, try to get it printed on company letterhead; fortunately at least the embassy my fiance is going through states in their "packet 3" that paystubs OR a verification letter will suffice. I printed out 13 months of paystubs just to be safe. (13 because that gives me two December paystubs which state the total yearly income, not because I like the number :))

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.