meauxna

DCFers: Please Post Your Cover Letters

73 posts in this topic

our I-130 evidence consisted of photos since we met ( approximately 100 pics), photos from our wedding, IM conversations and this was it. I have to mention that I did not submit whole conversations, just a snapshot of the archive that clearly showed the dates ( we talked online every day).

unfortunately, I formated my computer and I couldn't find the cover letter, however, I noticed that it was useful for them.

Petition filed by mail in Frankfurt on Apr. 4th, 2007

-no cover letter

-credit card information for payment of the $190

- I-130

-a copy of USC's birth certificate

-a copy of USC's passport

-copy of USC's resident visa for Germany

-copy of beneficirary's passport

-a passport-style photo of USC

-Form G-325A for USC (4 times)

-a passport-style photo of beneficiary

-Form G-325A for beneficiary (4 times)

-copy of marriage certificate

proof of bona fide marriage:

- a copy of proof of joint health insurance, which I pay for (with the DAK)

- a copy of our Registration at the same adress from the "Einwohnermeldeamt" (German Registration office)

- a copy of the first page of our application for a joint bank account in Germany

timelineAUG20.jpg

• 2 months later...

bumping

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

• 1 month later...

I'll send my I-130 to Rome next week. I think everything's in order. Here's my cover letter. Please let me know if you notice anything missing -- or inappropriately present. Thanks in advance!

DATE, 2007

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

c/o U.S. Embassy , Rome

Via Sallustiana 49

00187 Rome, Italy

To the USCIS Office in Rome:

I am a United States citizen residing in Italy with my husband, an Italian citizen. I wish to return with him to the United States next year to make our permanent residence there.

Please find enclosed my completed I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.

In support of my petition please also find the following:

• a Cashiers Check in the amount of $355 USD, payable to the U.S. Embassy Rome
  • a completed Checklist for Petition for Alien Spouse

Petitioner's documentation

• a copy of my birth certificate
  • a copy of the biographical page of my US passport
  • a copy of my Italian Carta di Soggiorno
  • a copy of my letter of residence from the Comune di --
  • my completed Form G325A
  • a recent passport-type photograph of me

Beneficiary's documentation

• a copy of my husband's birth certificate (in Italian)
  • an English translation of my husband's birth certificate
  • my husband 's completed Form G325A
  • a recent passport-type photograph of my husband
  • a copy of the divorce decree of my husband's prior marriage (in Italian)
  • a certified English translation of the divorce decree of my husband's prior marriage

Documentation of our marriage

• a copy of our original marriage certificate

Evidence of bonafide marriage

• a copy of our Italian certificato di matrimonio showing that our US marriage was transcribed and registered in Italy (in Italian)
  • an English translation of our certificato di matrimonio showing that our US marriage was transcribed and registered in Italy
  • a copy of beneficiary's “stato di famiglia” (or “household composition”) showing that we are resident together in Italy (in Italian)
  • an English translation of beneficiary's “stato di famiglia” (or “household composition”) showing that we are resident together in Italy
  • a copy of beneficiary's employer-provided health insurance policy, listing me along with his children as covered family members
  • copies of two statements from our joint bank account in US
  • copies of two statements from our joint bank account in Italy
  • a collection of photographs taken over the past seven years showing the petitioner and beneficiary together and with various family members from both sides
  • copies of various pieces of mail addressed to the two of us.

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies or scans of unaltered documents, and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

I also understand that when the I-130 petition is approved, it will be sent to the U.S. Consulate General in Naples, Italy. The Consulate will then inform my husband of the proper procedure to follow in order to obtain an immigration visa. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions by e-mail at ----- or by telephone at ----- . Your review and consideration are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

me

Sep 11, 2007 ...... sent I-130 to Rome Embassy (USCIS District Office)

Oct 4, 2007 ........ received letter, I-130 approved and forwarded to Consulate in Naples

Oct 25, 2007 ....... received packet 3 by e-mail

Feb 1 2008 ....... got called for March interview but asked to postpone because not yet ready to move

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Dear whattodo,

I am more or less in the same conditions you are. I am italian and my wife is a USC. We are living in Italy.

My I-130 was approved m/l in 1 month and I think your cover letter and your supporting documentation is more than OK.

I did not even send a cover letter, we just signed the documents cehcklist.

Please check my last post, maybe you can help me with some answers.....

Good luck and keep in touch!

Jul 25th 2007 - I-130 petition filed to Rome
Aug 20th 2007 - notice of acceptance and file sent to Naples
Oct 2007 - Appointment in Naples (very easy interview, no problem)
Nov 21st 2007 - Entered the US in Chicago
March 2008 - Received Permanent Resident Card

Sept 2009 - Filed I-751 to remove conditional status
Oct 2009 - Biometrics done
Jan 2010 - More document requested
Feb 2010 - Green Card received

Feb 2011 - Filed for US citizenship

Oct 2011 - Naturalization application was lost by USCIS

Nov 2011 - Case re-opened

March 2012 - Approved, citizenship!

• 4 months later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A quick question - the I-130 checklist contains a list of what should go in and in what order. They almost seem to be saying that adding a cover letter is not necessary and could even slow things down. Has it changed recently ?

Boltonus

A quick question - the I-130 checklist contains a list of what should go in and in what order. They almost seem to be saying that adding a cover letter is not necessary and could even slow things down. Has it changed recently ?

Boltonus

We didn't do a cover letter -- the London DCF instructions are the same as last year. It really is a personal choice whether you enclose a cover letter. I just followed the instructions, sent it off with payment, waited about three months and hey presto! I-130 approved.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

WE FILED IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK

There the I-130 must be filed in person by the U.S. Citizen so a cover letter was never needed.

Note: I-130 must come from the information packet that you request from them.

Dec 19, 2006 - Married at the city hall in Denmark

Jan 05, 2007 - Filed I-130 at the US embassy in Copenhagen (Approved)

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Jan 31, 2007 - G-325A sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 15, 2007 - OP-169, DS 230 I & II, I-864 sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 27, 2007 - US embassy Copenhagen, I-130 re-approved and back

Mar 03, 2007 - Receive packet 4 - interview date April 12th

Mar 06, 2007 - Call from embassy - interview date is now on March 8th

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

Mar 14, 2007 - Medical exam

Apr 07, 2007 - Visa packet received

Apr 17, 2007 - POE Newark Intl. Airport

Apr 23, 2007 - USCIS refuse to change my mailing address

May 07, 2007 - Re-file for SSN

May 10, 2007 - USCIS receive visa packet from Newark

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

May 19, 2007 - Receive SS card

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Sep 17, 2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Mar 06, 2008 - After 10 months and some change GC FINALLY in hand!!

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

• 1 year later...
Here is my Cover Letter, planning on sending it MONDAY, I'm so excited!!..(but so nervous!) :blush:

I don't really like the first sentence though, to many ,,,,,,, , , , ,,, 's. But I'm giving all the important info in just a few sentences. What do you think, how's it look!? What do you think about the order? If something is on the back of the document I'll need to make a copy of that. Am I forgetting something.... :unsure: I need cute little squares like meauxna's! Where'd u get those mo!

(date)

U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Services

C/O American Embassy

(address)

Respectively to the Immigration Office in Rome,

I am an United States citizen, married to an Italain citizen, residing in Italy, and I wish to build our residence in the United States. Please find enclosed my I-130 Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of my husband, and a summary of our supporting documents:

:star: Introduction letter listing supporting documents

:star: Filing fee, payable to the U.S. Embassy Rome, in amount of $190.00 USD

:star: Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

:star: Form G-325A, on the Petitioner’s behalf

:star: A copy of the Petitioner’s Birth Certificate

:star: A copy of the Petitioner’s U.S. Passport

:star: A copy of the Petitioner’s Certificato di Residenza

:star: A translation of the Petitioner’s Certificato di Residenza

:star: An ADIT style photograph of the Petitioner, named and dated

:star: A copy of the Petitioner and Beneficiary’s recently issued Marriage Certificate

:star: A translation of the Petitioner and Beneficiary’s Marriage Certificate

:star: Form G-325A on behalf of the Beneficiary

:star: A copy of the Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate

:star: A translation of the Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate

:star: A copy of the Beneficiary’s Italian Passport

:star: An ADIT style photograph of the Beneficiary, named and dated

:star: Form “NOTICE” with the Petitioner’s signatures

I understand that if the I-130 petition is approved, it will be sent to the American Consulate General, Naples. The Consulate will then inform the Beneficiary of the proper procedure to follow in order to obtain the visa. I also understand that if my petition is denied, I will be notified directly by DHS-CIS.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions:

(my info here)

Your review and consideration is appreciated,

(my name and signature), Petitioner

It seems to me that anyone that send the I-130 form by mail put Evidences that bona fides of their marriage? in spite of it is required in the I-130 form instructions?

I am wondering then: Are the Evidences that bona fides of your marriage needed only for the interview?

thanks for helping me , I am a bit confused.

• 2 weeks later...

Below is my cover letter.

Assets were used in lieu of a co-sponsor. For the assets, we included an Excel sheet showing for each asset: asset type (checking, savings, CD, stocks, etc..), location (US or Germany), Bank name, bank account no., amount, currency, exchange rate (for that day), and amount converted to US $ with the total at the bottom.

Below was the cover letter for supporting documents regarding the country of domicile. (Documents were sorted and indexed A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, etc)

Each case is different but it was sufficient for my case as my husband received his visa. I don't know what else I could have added.... but it was sufficient.

the I-130 petition was filed in person so I don't have any cover letter for that.

Just want to thank you all for all your comments and info! It helped me a lot in preparing!!!

RE: I-864, Affidavit of Support – No. 15 Country of Domicile

Intending Immigrant: XXX

Case Number: XXX

I, XXX, am currently residing in Germany. Below you will find a list of attached documents to show that my principle residence is in the US and the steps that I have taken to return to US.

A. Supporting Documents – residence in the US : --> all these show my US address

1.Voter Registration and Absentee Balloting Material (included documents/envelope I kept from voting in Nov. 2008)

2. Public Library Membership Card

3. Credit Card Bill and credit card

4. University Tuition Loan Bill

5. Macy's Credit Card

6. US Driver License

7. US Credit Rating --> to show that I have kept my credit history

8. US Investment Account

9. SallieMae Tuition Loan Information

10. County Tax Bureau – Property Tax Bill for land held in US

11. US Bank Accounts (see US assets in Asset list also included with I-864)

B. Supporting Documents – steps taken to return to the US:

1. Ordered Resume & Cover letter writing services to maximize job application efforts.

2.Translated into English former employer's Letter of Reference

3.Applied and received Masters Equivalent in the US for Masters earned in a European University

4.Requested Quotes for Health Insurance

5.Requested Shipping Cost Estimates for container shipping

6.Applied for Jobs – included are some job applications

7.Traveled to the US for job interviews (included copies of tickets, car rental, hotel, etc.)

8.Was interviewed for open positions (included e-mails)

9. Requested information regarding elementary school registration (for my kids)

10.Transferred money from Germany to US with anticipation of the move.

I intend to further establish my principle residence in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant’s admission.

Signature: ________________________________ Date: _____________________

Edited by dying2moveback

DCF accepted by American Institute in Taiwan (de-facto U.S. consulate) Kaohsiung Office on June 10, 2009 and sent to AIT Taipei for actual processing.

I-130 Cover Letter

June 10, 2009

American Institute in Taiwan

No. 2, ChungCheng 3rd Rd. 5th Fl.

Xin-Xing District

Kaohsiung City 80052, Taiwan ROC

Subject: I-130 Petition for my wife, (HER NAME)

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a citizen of the United States and have been residing in Taiwan, Republic of China since November, 2006. I am married to a citizen and resident of Taiwan, Republic of China. I wish to return to the United States and build our residence there together.

Please find enclosed my I-130 Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of my wife, (HER NAME).

In support of my petition please find enclosed:

1. Completed and signed form I-130

2. Copy of my U.S. birth certificate

3. Copy of my U.S. passport biometric data page (I ALSO SHOWED MY PASSPORT)

4. Copy of my wife’s Republic of China passport biometric data page (SHE ALSO NEEDED TO BE PRESENT AND HAD TO SHOW HER PASSPORT)

5. Copy of our marriage certificate, in Chinese

6. English translation of our marriage certificate, with translation certification

7. Completed and signed form G-325A for my wife, with photograph

8. Completed and signed form G-325A for me, with photograph

9. Attachment to my G-325A, further explanation of my employment history (HOW/WHY I AM LIVING IN TAIWAN BUT WORKING FOR A U.S. COMPANY)

10. Copy of extract from my wife’s household registration form, in Chinese

11. English translation of copy of my wife’s household registration form, with translation certification

12. Copy of my current Republic of China Alien Resident Certificate (ALSO SHOWED MY ACTUAL ARC. THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR DCF IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF TAIWAN)

13. Eleven (11) photographs taken during our relationship as secondary evidence of Bonafide Marriage. (THESE WERE LOOKED AT BUT RETURNED TO ME.)

The filing fee of US$355 will be paid in person in NTD equivalent. Copies of the documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an immigration or consular officer at a later date.

I kindly request you to process the above petition and to provide the receipt notice as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns on the above matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at (+866 MY ROC PHONE), (+866 MY ROC CELL), or at the address below.

Thank you,

(MY SIGNATURE)

MY NAME

MY SSN

MY ROC ADDRESS LINE 1

MY ROC ADDRESS LINE 2

MY ROC ADDRESS LINE 3

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.