Sign in to follow this  
Paulily

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 posts in this topic

167 days and still not NOA2!!!!! are they even working or what?????????????????

I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel. I have can't follow everyones posts here, but I read that the IMBRA RFE's they sent out had some sort of language that you should receive a reply within 60 days, or to call. I imagine you've called them, probably several times...

What do they tell you when you explain that you know many couples who applied months after you, and have already been approved?

Bill

PS I'll keep you in my prayers.

167 days and still not NOA2!!!!! are they even working or what?????????????????

Have you contacted your senator? If not, it would be a good idea to have them make an official inquiry into your case status and send along Gary's timeline as well. texasseoul posted a good letter to send a while back - it would be worth it to search for it and use it as a template. Then go to your state senator's website, download the privacy form, fill it out with your case information and fax it along with the letter and timeline to their office. Call to follow up and get the name/email/phone number of the person assigned to your case so you know who/how to contact. Good luck.

PS - I think maybe your letter said you could request an expedited decision after 60 days - did you do that? see this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33992

Bill

Were you asking me? If so, no. There is no such thing as a request for an expedited decision after 60 days unfortunately. It's simply the point at which USCIS says it's acceptable for the petitioner to contact them. According to USCIS, expedites are only done for a very specific list of criteria, #1 apparently being military deployment. But texasseoul's letter did reference the data showing the inequity in processing times which I think made the senator's office agree that something was very wrong and pushed them to inquire.

Were you asking me? If so, no. There is no such thing as a request for an expedited decision after 60 days unfortunately. It's simply the point at which USCIS says it's acceptable for the petitioner to contact them. According to USCIS, expedites are only done for a very specific list of criteria, #1 apparently being military deployment. But texasseoul's letter did reference the data showing the inequity in processing times which I think made the senator's office agree that something was very wrong and pushed them to inquire.

No, I was asking the OP. I found my mistake:

... I placed a phone call to VSC. I must have the best luck in the world when calling VSC, I always get the nicest people. She said that they received my reply for more information and request 60 days to give an answer or request further information. She said that would be on September 28th. After I explained that I'm counting July 28th as 1 day and there are 31 days in July & August, that it has been 60 days. She put me on hold and returned with a fax number to request expedited service. She said that I should state in my request that it has been 60 days since the receipt of my RFE and that I am outside normal processing times.

It was not in the RFE, but a lady at the VSC he talked to that instructed him how he could request and expedited decision.

Maybe the OP could ask Andy for the fax number...

If there is 'no such thing' - maybe you should call the VSC, find out who Andy talked to, and get her squared away on how to correctly do her job :P

Bill

I can only imagine with horror what you are feeling. Good luck, and likely it would be wise to contact your senator, congressman, and every elected official you can think of! Hang in there, hopefully CSC has another good week, or if you are VSC they figure out what they are doing and send your approval soon!

Actually, all of the information for an expedite is listed on the service center's website, including the fax number. Unfortunately, being outside of 60 days after RFE is not one of the qualifying reasons for an expedite. Obviously people at VSC do make mistakes - there's a reason why USCIS offices are called "mis-information lines".

I know exactly how you feel, it took 180 days for us to get our NOA2, so I know what you are going through, I will keep you in my prayers, just try and keep positive thoughts, I know it is hard, but it could come anyday, just try and keep telling yourself that over and over.

Stacey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.