enzocute

Sputum Test in St. lukes Walkthrough

173 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got my result today. I went to st. Luke's around 12nn and was called before 3pm. The nurse gave me the number A7. When I get inside the room the doctor asked me to close the door behind me then asked my full name. After scanning my record she showed me my x-ray. She said the reason they asked for sputum test is because they saw white smoke-like figure in my lungs. Then she said my sputum smear test turn negative so it could be phlegm. I'm not feeling well today (been feeling this way since st. Luke's said I need to do sputum) she asked me to visit private pulmonary doctor and ask for medication and vitamins just make sure that I'll inform them of my on going culture t3st. After that she said the nurse will tell me when I should call st. Luke's. So now the wait has begun. Nov. 23. My fiancé and I pray that we will not receive a call from them.

Timeline

Got my result today. I went to st. Luke's around 12nn and was called before 3pm. The nurse gave me the number A7. When I get inside the room the doctor asked me to close the door behind me then asked my full name. After scanning my record she showed me my x-ray. She said the reason they asked for sputum test is because they saw white smoke-like figure in my lungs. Then she said my sputum smear test turn negative so it could be phlegm. I'm not feeling well today (been feeling this way since st. Luke's said I need to do sputum) she asked me to visit private pulmonary doctor and ask for medication and vitamins just make sure that I'll inform them of my on going culture t3st. After that she said the nurse will tell me when I should call st. Luke's. So now the wait has begun. Nov. 23. My fiancé and I pray that we will not receive a call from them.

Timeline

No, the nurse told me that the end of my culture is on Nov. 19 and she asked me to call them on Nov. 23 at 11am if I did not hear from them before that date (and I pray everyday not to).

Patience is not one of my talent and it's really killing us right now. Hopefully it'll turn negative. Praying god will smile at out side.

Timeline

No, the nurse told me that the end of my culture is on Nov. 19 and she asked me to call them on Nov. 23 at 11am if I did not hear from them before that date (and I pray everyday not to).

Patience is not one of my talent and it's really killing us right now. Hopefully it'll turn negative. Praying god will smile at out side.

well thats good sign, no further x ray.. im have a feeling youre negative as well, there are many applicants i knew who undergo sputum and pass.

just keep praying. and you can email them earlier than the given date to call..

Timeline

We hope so. Is there a case where they ask the applicant to do xray again after a negative sputum test?

We hope so. Is there a case where they ask the applicant to do xray again after a negative sputum test?

Timeline

if they didnt instruct you on your pulmonary evaluation.. then you dont have to..

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi!! 2 more weeks till the end of my culture test and 19 days till they asked me to call them...still nervous. I have thus calendar where I marked each day..thank god there's still no call from slec. We are praying for good news! God bless us all

Timeline

The processing of the x-rays, sputum and treatment for anyone is going to be a challenge. Your going to be thinking of nothing but the worse. I would like to say that you need to be STRONG during this entire procedure. Try and not think of the negative things but the positive. Remember, TB can kill, so doing the tests will determine the rest of your life. You have chosen wisely to continue the testing.

One more thing, there is nothing you can eat or drink that will make your x-ray's show clear for your TB x-rays. If you have TB then you have TB. Nothing is going to change that till you are put on a medical regiment for the curing of the TB.

Good luck and God's speed.

Timeline

Thank you for this message sir..this gave me comfort during those days. I'm now on my 6th weeks and hopefully no call from slec until Nov.20. :)

Thank you for this message sir..this gave me comfort during those days. I'm now on my 6th weeks and hopefully no call from slec until Nov.20. :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

just want to share... my sputum culture ended yesterday, Nov. 5 and I was supposed to call slec on Nov. 10 for the result. However, I emailed slec earlier today asking for the result and they replied after 2hrs telling me that my MTB culture is already available. I was advised to go to slec to have my vaccination and release of results on Nov. 10 at 8:30 am.

Sheep821, on 06 Nov 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:Sheep821, on 06 Nov 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

just want to share... my sputum culture ended yesterday, Nov. 5 and I was supposed to call slec on Nov. 10 for the result. However, I emailed slec earlier today asking for the result and they replied after 2hrs telling me that my MTB culture is already available. I was advised to go to slec to have my vaccination and release of results on Nov. 10 at 8:30 am.

That is great news. What a wait, but now you know you don't have TB. Safe travels.

You need to bring with you to SLEC, your passport, 2 visa photos, appointment letter (original & 1 photocopy) and SLEC official receipt..

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Congratulations! My culture will end on November 19 and they told me to call then on November 23. Good to here people passing sputum stage I hope I'm one of those. God bless us all

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is great news. What a wait, but now you know you don't have TB. Safe travels.

Thank you, Greenbaum! Yes, what a wait, indeed! But, 2 mos waiting was not that long when you keep yourself busy and refrain from thinking all about it... worrying wouldn't change anything, anyway. Though I admit it was really frustrating at first. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.