enzocute

Sputum Test in St. lukes Walkthrough

173 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it's only normal to feel that way because we tend to believe that there's problem with our lungs. We can't read or interpret xray films unless we're in that field so we solely rely on what the slec doctor told us. That situation caused me to doubt my health, too, although my family keeps on assuring me that everything's fine since they've known me for being health conscious. Just keep on boosting your immune system by eating the right food, take multivitamins, if you can and have enough sleep. Pray and hope for the best... The day will come that these will be all behind us...

I think it's only normal to feel that way because we tend to believe that there's problem with our lungs. We can't read or interpret xray films unless we're in that field so we solely rely on what the slec doctor told us. That situation caused me to doubt my health, too, although my family keeps on assuring me that everything's fine since they've known me for being health conscious. Just keep on boosting your immune system by eating the right food, take multivitamins, if you can and have enough sleep. Pray and hope for the best... The day will come that these will be all behind us...

Timeline

Glad that I found this forum. Thank you for all the comforting words..advice and sharing your story..it means a lot for me and my fiancé :)

Glad that I found this forum. Thank you for all the comforting words..advice and sharing your story..it means a lot for me and my fiancé :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you for sharing your experience it really helps us who are under the same situation, during my pulmonary evaluation i was in set A. so i guess it really doesnt matter which sets assign to you!.

yes, that's what i realized, too. just like you, i have allergies, too that caused me to have thick mucus in my throat, which was aggravated during my stay in manila for my medical. it's good you've reached your 8th week without hearing from slec. you're good to go. good luck and hope to hear your good news, soon!

Timeline

yes, that's what i realized, too. just like you, i have allergies, too that caused me to have thick mucus in my throat, which was aggravated during my stay in manila for my medical. it's good you've reached your 8th week without hearing from slec. you're good to go. good luck and hope to hear your good news, soon!

yep i have acid reflux, thick mucus on throat and i was sneezing the day before i went to medical. so i dont know if that has connection..

yep im really thankful ive reach 8th week, yet still not confident. since during my pulmonary evaluation i met this one lady who was called during on the 4th week. she told me, she met another woman who finish 8th week and expecting negative results but found out shes positive in tb. i guess slec couldnt contact her.

im already tempted to email them today but other fellow sputum survivors advice me to call them on the scheduled date. well i read some get results early even before the 8th week mark.

Timeline

You girls boost my self confidence.. I'll have my sputum on Tuesday (sept.22) and im praying for a negative result. Would love to hear updates from you. God bless!

Timeline

yep i have acid reflux, thick mucus on throat and i was sneezing the day before i went to medical. so i dont know if that has connection..

yep im really thankful ive reach 8th week, yet still not confident. since during my pulmonary evaluation i met this one lady who was called during on the 4th week. she told me, she met another woman who finish 8th week and expecting negative results but found out shes positive in tb. i guess slec couldnt contact her.

im already tempted to email them today but other fellow sputum survivors advice me to call them on the scheduled date. well i read some get results early even before the 8th week mark.

if your 8th week culture ends tomorrow, i presume you are to call slec on the 24th (5 days from end of culture), unless you were given a course of antibiotic for bacterial infection, in which case you are to come back for repeat xray 8 weeks after your antibiotic treatment. a friend of mine who underwent sputum test last year had been prescribed with antibiotics during her pulmonary evaluation. she had a 2-week cough a month before her medical at slec. to be sure, she had a chest xray before her medical, but her xray at slec showed suspicious of tb. she was asked to report back for repeat xray 10 days from end of her 8-week culture. after her repeat xray, she was asked to call slec 3 days after because they told her culturing of her sputum had been extended. when she called back, she was asked to report the following day for her immunization.

Edited by Gil.lan

Timeline

Today is my 8th week. They didn't give me any antibiotics. I'll call next week. Hopefully negative... I think the antibiotics are for person with pneumonia.

Timeline

Today is my first day of test. There's a lot of people taking the test so they called us by number then lead us to the rooftop. Upon reaching the area I noticed that people are holding 2 kinds of paper..yellow and white. Yellow paper means this is ur first day to take the test. I met a girl who is in the last day of treatment (she was positive of Tb and is under treatment). I admire her for having a positive outlook in life. When my number was called I was categorize as A ( don't know what that means). The nurse lead me to a sink and askEd me to gargle water then gAve me a plastic bottle. After a few minutes I'm done.

I look at the people around me and some of them looks really healthy. I wouldn't suspect them to be taking sputum test when I see them outside.

Hope things turn our well.

Timeline

Today is my first day of test. There's a lot of people taking the test so they called us by number then lead us to the rooftop. Upon reaching the area I noticed that people are holding 2 kinds of paper..yellow and white. Yellow paper means this is ur first day to take the test. I met a girl who is in the last day of treatment (she was positive of Tb and is under treatment). I admire her for having a positive outlook in life. When my number was called I was categorize as A ( don't know what that means). The nurse lead me to a sink and askEd me to gargle water then gAve me a plastic bottle. After a few minutes I'm done.

I look at the people around me and some of them looks really healthy. I wouldn't suspect them to be taking sputum test when I see them outside.

Hope things turn our well.

yep i have the same feeling during my first day!, talking to someone could really ease the worries. i emailed slec 2 days earlier than the scheduled date to call. and yess thanks GOD and MAMA MARY! i am scheduled for vaccination and releasing of medical results tomorrow.

Timeline

Happy to hear that. I'm praying that I'll turn out negative too.

my prayers are with you also! take note you can email them 2 days earlier than your scheduled date to call.

keep faith in God!

Timeline

yep i have the same feeling during my first day!, talking to someone could really ease the worries. i emailed slec 2 days earlier than the scheduled date to call. and yess thanks GOD and MAMA MARY! i am scheduled for vaccination and releasing of medical results tomorrow.

congrats emrich! finally, you're done with the waiting. may i ask, when you emailed slec, did they respond the same day? did they tell you the result or they just told you to report for immunization?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.