5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Now more interesting Question.

What will be the effect of CIR on Administrative processing ???

because only 18 months available for the visas ?

cases pending in AP will also be eliminated ?

Hahahahahaha

Situation complex

Savvy Boy

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for your quick reply so I m hopefully on save side but I will go under backlog category or do I have to go though merits point system ?

I have a question for pak2002 and jolly 786 My pd is dec 2005 my brther applied for me as a married sibling My question is that will my pd date get effected because of this new cir or am I saved I mean will I get eliminated or am I on save side please do reply back thanks

No it will not effect your case because they will eliminate backlog till 2005 ,including year 2005.

Before it becomes law,it's too early to say.I know USA congress has many many bills,end with no ends.Some of them even have been passed among one side(Senate or house).

In CIR bill there will be a amendments , objections and corrections before it will pass. All we are reading is just main points of the bill not in the detail. They still have to show there 800 pages detail bill but they posponed it and will be publish this week.

AGREE. :yes:

Agree.... :yes:

DISAGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU. TO ME IT MEANS THAT 18 MONTHS AFTER THE BILL COMES INTO EFFECT ALL F4 PETITIONS WILL BE STOPPED. THOSE WHO FILED DURING THE LAST 5 YEARS PRIOR TO ENACTMENT OF THE BILL AND ALSO THOSE WHO FILED DURING THE 18 MONTHS WILL BE QUALIFIED ON THE MERIT BASED SYSTEM. THE 2005 CUTOFF DATE YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT IS FROM THE OLD 2007 ACT. MEANING IF CIR BECOMES LAW IN 2013 THE CUTOFF DATE WILL BE 2008 AND ALL THOSE WHO FILED 18MTHS AFTER THE BILL BECOMES LAW WILL BE ON THE MERIT BASED SYSTEM.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In CIR bill there will be a amendments , objections and corrections before it will pass. All we are reading is just main points of the bill not in the detail. They still have to show there 800 pages detail bill but they posponed it and will be publish this week.

Agree

DISAGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU. TO ME IT MEANS THAT 18 MONTHS AFTER THE BILL COMES INTO EFFECT ALL F4 PETITIONS WILL BE STOPPED. THOSE WHO FILED DURING THE LAST 5 YEARS PRIOR TO ENACTMENT OF THE BILL AND ALSO THOSE WHO FILED DURING THE 18 MONTHS WILL BE QUALIFIED ON THE MERIT BASED SYSTEM. THE 2005 CUTOFF DATE YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT IS FROM THE OLD 2007 ACT. MEANING IF CIR BECOMES LAW IN 2013 THE CUTOFF DATE WILL BE 2008 AND ALL THOSE WHO FILED 18MTHS AFTER THE BILL BECOMES LAW WILL BE ON THE MERIT BASED SYSTEM.

:innocent:

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have a question for pak2002 and jolly 786

can you post the paragraph in the CIR which mentioned that they will clear the backlog up to May 2005 during the next 18 month?

because i did not see that "May 2005" ... only i read that visas will be available up to 18 month.

My PD May 19 2004

approved at OCT 30 2009

1- I130 Filed at 20 May 2004 for F4 Category

2- PD-19th May 2004

3- Case approved at USCIS on 29 OCT 2009

4- Case sent to NVC on Nov 2, 2009

5- June 23,2016 : Petitioner's name appeared

6- July 19,2016 : DS-261 Online Choice of Address and Agent & DS-260, Online

Immigration Visa and Alien Registration Application are Opened

(NOT Activated).

7- ???????????? : Received DS-261

8- ???????????? : Submit DS-261

9- July 20, 2016 : AOS and IV fees Bill activated.

10- July 20, 2016 : Pay AOS Fees

11- July 21, 2016 : Received AOS Fees

12- July 22, 2016 : Pay IV Bill (4 persons)

13- July 22, 2016 : Pay fee for CSPA case

14- July 25, 2016 : Received IV Bill (4 persons)

15- July 25, 2016 : Submit DS-260 (3 persons)

16- July 26, 2016 : Ask NVC if I can file CSPA

17- July 28, 2016 : NVC replied CSPA as "cannot be reviewed" due to "no visa number available"

18- Aug. 10, 2016 : Send AOS and IV Package

19- Aug. 12, 2016 : NVC received all the civil documents and I-864 AOS Financial Documents (11.04 AM)

20- Aug. 15, 2016 : Sent ASK NVC to Add my petitioner as my (Agent/Attorney)

21- Aug. 17, 2016 : NVC Scan Date (NOA 1)

22- Aug. 20, 2016 : NVC Replied and removed my previous Attorney and add my Petitioner

to be my new (Agent/Attorney)

23- Oct. 04, 2016 : My son's name (who is under CSPA) deleted

24- Oct. 05, 2016 : Received NOA2 asking for 2015 W-2 (form)

25- Oct 05, 2016 : send 2015 W-2 form by (Email & Mail)

26- Oct. 06, 2016 : Case Complete Email

27- Oct. 11, 2016 : Case Completed after receiving all required Documents (NOA 3)

28- .....................: Interview Confirmation | P4

29- .....................: Medical
30- .....................: Interview [at 00.00 AM]

31- .....................: Visa in Hand

32- .....................: POE [JFK]

33- .....................: CSPA approved

34- .....................: Checklist certification scan date

35- .....................: NVC Scan Date 2

36- .....................: Case Completed at NVC (confirmed by calling on .....................)

37- .....................: Visa issued

Timeline

This is what one immigration lawyer posted:-

Another provision of the CIR Bill proposes the elimination

of all backlogs for family and employment –based immigration. This could mean that persons who are already in the “pipeline” towards permanent residency, through employer-sponsor or family-sponsorship cases, could apply for RPI, and then complete their green cards process under their pending cases immediately.

This appears to be strong incentive to start a process with USCIS as soon as

possible, so that if backlogs are eliminated, undocumented persons could obtain

their green cards much faster than waiting the 10 years under this Bill.

http://portchester.patch.com/blog_posts/comprehensive-immigration-reform-cir-bill-introduced-in-us-senate-today-cc7dc02d

Edited by nrocky

Timeline

Another dimension (from AILA website) which nobody seems to have noticed. Please read carefully:-

Legal Immigration

 The bill eliminates the backlog for family and employment-based immigrants (see below discussion of merit-based system).

 Currently, there are four preference categories based on family relationships and 480,000 visas are allocated to family. Under the new system there will be two family preference categories and they will cover unmarried adult children; married adult children who file before age 31, and unmarried adult children of lawful permanent residents. We are expanding the current V visa to allow individuals with an approved family petition to live in the U.S. and allow certain other family members to visit the U.S. for up to 60 days per year.

Does this mean that persons with approved petitions are eligible for RPI and can be in the US much earlier than expected?

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=44052

Edited by nrocky

Timeline

V Nonimmigrant Visas

The V visa is a nonimmigrant visa created to allow families to stay together while waiting for the processing of immigrant visas.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff1b3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=ff1b3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Immigration bill released. 844 pages.

nrocky i guess you missed this pragraph on lawyer website :

Elimination of Adult Siblings of US Citizen category: Currently an adult US citizen can sponsor his/her adult brother or sister. This

category is extremely backlogged. This Bill proposes to completely eliminate this category 18 months after enactment. The Bill actually states that

“18months after enactment, a legal resident or citizen can no longer sponsor

adult siblings”. A legal resident cannot sponsor adult siblings now! There are

currently many nonimmigrants in this category who have been waiting years for

their numbers to become current. The question is; would those who are currently waiting “in the queue” also be eliminated?

It is still question for lawyer too people are currently waiting in the queue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.